PDA

View Full Version : New idea: Play your class!!

IlMacgyverIl
05-02-2017, 03:44 AM
Not a complaint thread. More about awareness. Keep in mind, this mainly applies to Dominion.

If you read anything in your moveset the item I'm regarding is the big star that says renown by it.

Assassin's get the most points for kills. So quit stealing kills.

Vanguard's get the most points for killing soldiers and go capture the zones.

Heavys get the most points for defending and boosting zones. Hold down the fort soldier, you're not an assassin.

Hybrids can bounce around from task to task, but still are composed of TWO SPECIFIC CLASSES! imagine that!
Visit the site and read more about this controversial subject.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/game-info/hero-classes/vanguards.aspx

CoyoteXStarrk
05-02-2017, 03:50 AM
I can regularly get top of the leaderboard in kills with my Shugoki and my Raider.

I have no issues holding down zones with my Zerker.

I love running around ganking with my Shugoki and my Lawbringer.

I'll play however I wanna play thanks so long as I'm not breaking any rules.

IlMacgyverIl
05-02-2017, 04:09 AM
I get that. I'm just mentioning this to everyone, do they know how to optimize their point gain by doing what their character was designed to do.
More points = faster climb to victory!

Egotistic_Ez
05-02-2017, 04:14 AM
I get that. I'm just mentioning this to everyone, do they know how to optimize their point gain by doing what their character was designed to do.
More points = faster climb to victory!

More renown = faster feat progression. It doesn't help you win faster (aside from the obvious combat advantage).

Beetlejuice1686
05-02-2017, 05:33 AM
More renown = faster feat progression. It doesn't help you win faster (aside from the obvious combat advantage).

This, renown is not point gain, and points are earned for kills as well as boosting zones and slaying trash mobs (aka soldiers lol). You still unlock your feats faster with kills as well.

laugmanden
05-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Stealing kills?
Haha thats some funny **** right there.

If I see someone that looks like they are struggling, I will help them.
I am not processing what so ever, who's is going to get the killing blow, I am calculating how to take out the enemy ASAP.
So you want to add a layer to that where if it's an assassin I should not help? Also in that case, what if the assassin wanted help? Should I PM the assassin and ask for permission to and then wait for a reply.

KEY ELEMENT IN COMBAT:
ADABTABILITY.. (Look it up, you will need it in the future.)

Gray360UK
05-02-2017, 10:06 AM
At the end of the day, a good player will perform any of these defined rules better than a bad one. I don't care who is doing the killing, the capturing or the boosting, as long as someone is and they're a good player. Also kill stealing is not a thing. You can't advocate team play and then put the i in team.