PDA

View Full Version : How to fix game gear problem!

Porch-Skunk
05-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Hey, just a suggestion. Instead of having rep 3 required for getting the good gear, how about you lower it to 1, that way you don't have to trudge through garbage *** games till rep 3. I am running out of shows to watch while i play waiting till I am rep 3 so I can actually compete.

xRocketfishx
05-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Heaven's forbid you to work towards anything. I personally hope you need to be prestige 10 to get epic gear. At the very least prestige 5.
There is an AI mode you can level up in....

Nip..Nip
05-01-2017, 06:12 PM
yeah nothing better to keep a game alive and healthy then forcing new players and people who wanna try new characters to play against bots or to get completely destroyed. Only because you have nothing better to do than play botgame after botgame to get some decent stuff doesnt mean everyone wants to do it. Working towards something like new materials, emblems or engravings are nice but working towards something you need to have to not have a disadvantage is just stupid.

J-HovTheKnolls
05-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Disadvantage? Then what is with these players with no gear doing massive damage having all time defense and going 14-3 in Skirmish or Dominion. It is the cheats in the game and the matchmaking putting players who have trouble with lvl 0 bots up against super heroes who are in top 10% of players.

DrExtrem
05-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Heaven's forbid you to work towards anything. I personally hope you need to be prestige 10 to get epic gear. At the very least prestige 5.
There is an AI mode you can level up in....

Well...

The bots have gear too. And they know how to fight. In addition, the rewards for playing vs. bots is low.

Not saying that you are wrong but leveling vs. bots is not really an alternative, if you have to fight against level three bots (and their gear).

There has to be a different way.

Alustar.
05-01-2017, 08:28 PM
yeah nothing better to keep a game alive and healthy then forcing new players and people who wanna try new characters to play against bots or to get completely destroyed. Only because you have nothing better to do than play botgame after botgame to get some decent stuff doesnt mean everyone wants to do it. Working towards something like new materials, emblems or engravings are nice but working towards something you need to have to not have a disadvantage is just stupid.

Every other progression based game does the same thing. If I played a single player game that had any kind of class system and I wanted to try out something else,I had to re level. Seriously. Stop complaining. Any game that's been out, a new player picks it up he's going to have to progress

Netcode_err_404
05-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Every other progression based game does the same thing. If I played a single player game that had any kind of class system and I wanted to try out something else,I had to re level. Seriously. Stop complaining. Any game that's been out, a new player picks it up he's going to have to progress

Name me 2 games ( no mmo's, or online rpg's) with the same dumb gear differences.

If possible name me two games that are still played by at least 1k people.

atac56
05-01-2017, 08:36 PM

difference is most other progression based games have viable alternatives to ranking up. the only way to do it in this game is taking the lumps from other leveled up players, especially before that revenge nerf which was 2 weeks ago maybe. having to progress 63 levels in vs. multiplayer just to compete is a lot to ask. and no, player vs bots is not an alternative because the game gives you less xp than you would from going 0-10 in skirmish

Porch-Skunk
05-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Lol, work towards something XD. I'm a full time working college student, I dont wanna spend 3 days grinding matches so i can be on par with the people i am fighting. i do have 3 gears 108 champs and the difference in winning vs loosing is rediculous lol. its just a god damn drag having to start a new toon and wait till rep 3 for decent gear again. It is a progression game, but it is also a money sink. The only reason we wait till rep 3 is to get people to use steel to even the playing field before hand.

Nip..Nip
05-02-2017, 02:25 PM

The only progression based games that are multiplayer focused are MMOs (maybe with some exceptions) so that argument is pretty stupid because MMOs are not PVP based and have multiple ways to level up and get gear, like through quests and raids. you fail to see the point of the whole argument For Honor is not a full on RPG it has some elements but thats it. It is a skill based game that gets ****ed over by its own gear and missing matchmaking system in which someone with a gearlevel 16 is matched with level 80-100, this system is like one straight out of a F2P game, either you invest hours over hours to grind your character or you have to invest real money for boosters or gear.

Stop acting so ignorant, this game has huge problems you could go so far to say its actually dying and why do you think that is? The connection system is one of the biggest problems along its leveling and matchmaking system because it scares of new players because its not fair, and if this game does not get new players soon it is doomed.

laugmanden
05-02-2017, 02:35 PM
I dont mind having to work for my gear. I do mind however that there is no one on my level that I can play with. I play against REP 2-3 with gearscore 70-100+
As a new player that is kinda up hill.

Egotistic_Ez
05-02-2017, 02:35 PM
With revenge now nerfed I don't think the gear advantage matters much tbh. It gives people an advantage to be sure, but it isn't an instant loss like it used to be.

Plus gear is being revamped in season 2 anyway, so all this QQ might be moot.

RatedChaotic
05-02-2017, 02:41 PM
The only progression based games that are multiplayer focused are MMOs (maybe with some exceptions) so that argument is pretty stupid because MMOs are not PVP based and have multiple ways to level up and get gear, like through quests and raids. you fail to see the point of the whole argument For Honor is not a full on RPG it has some elements but thats it. It is a skill based game that gets ****ed over by its own gear and missing matchmaking system in which someone with a gearlevel 16 is matched with level 80-100, this system is like one straight out of a F2P game, either you invest hours over hours to grind your character or you have to invest real money for boosters or gear.

Stop acting so ignorant, this game has huge problems you could go so far to say its actually dying and why do you think that is? The connection system is one of the biggest problems along its leveling and matchmaking system because it scares of new players because its not fair, and if this game does not get new players soon it is doomed.

This part is actually wrong. There are many mmos that are pvp based. Warhammer online was a pvp based mmo and to get the best gear your server home had to pvp and take enough zones from other servers to get in the endgame raid which the raid was pvp only. I miss that game and those multiple 300+ player guilds clashing on the battlefield. Imagine having one 25 player hardcore guild and 3 sister guilds of 150+ players each warbanding together taking on whole servers....it was epic in its day.

ESO was intended to be a pvp based MMO aswell. Its built around the faction war concept. Even thru the questing in ESO its all about the faction war.

laugmanden
05-02-2017, 02:42 PM
imo

skill > gear

its easy for us new players to blame our losses on gear, instead of analysing where we could do better.

JarlYolo
05-02-2017, 02:51 PM
getting gear is not a problem, lazy ppl are problem, gear lvl is reward for work and time u put in to game. hate when ppl cry when they dont get evrything at start and for free, no effort.... hope ubi wont change anything

Infidel.Castro
05-02-2017, 03:02 PM
They just need to change the way game selection and MM works. Pick your character first then the game mode you want, that way the MM can match people within similar gear ranges too.

Netcode_err_404
05-02-2017, 03:13 PM
imo

skill > gear

its easy for us new players to blame our losses on gear, instead of analysing where we could do better.

Thats pure BS man. And i will explain why.

grey vs orange hgear, lets say a kensei and a berserker.

Te top unblockable attack is the most powerfull attack kensei can do. Against a orange with max attack and def, it only will deal 1 bar and half. The berserker top will deal almost 6 bars. Its like 4 times the damage. Not to mention orange berserker will

- Take less damage
- Deal more damage
_ faster stamina regen
- Faster revenge fill
-etter attack and defense during revenge
-and faster sprint speed

If you manage to win as a grey kensei vs that guy with those advantages, means you picked up a garbage player. The advantages are a fact.

Gear in this game is just a cheap method to keep kids playing because they want to fill special and want to get rewarded. Nowadays, nobody play the game cuz they like it, nope, they play for unlocks. Gear with active stats is a mistake, its useless, would be better if the only stuff you could grind for were cosmetics.

They just need to change the way game selection and MM works. Pick your character first then the game mode you want, that way the MM can match people within similar gear ranges too.

Game has around 4 k ppl, A dedicated MM won't work, will just extend to awfull time wait the match.

laugmanden
05-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Thats pure BS man. And i will explain why.

grey vs orange hgear, lets say a kensei and a berserker.

Te top unblockable attack is the most powerfull attack kensei can do. Against a orange with max attack and def, it only will deal 1 bar and half. The berserker top will deal almost 6 bars. Its like 4 times the damage. Not to mention orange berserker will

- Take less damage
- Deal more damage
_ faster stamina regen
- Faster revenge fill
-etter attack and defense during revenge
-and faster sprint speed

If you manage to win as a grey kensei vs that guy with those advantages, means you picked up a garbage player. The advantages are a fact.

Gear in this game is just a cheap method to keep kids playing because they want to fill special and want to get rewarded. Nowadays, nobody play the game cuz they like it, nope, they play for unlocks. Gear with active stats is a mistake, its useless, would be better if the only stuff you could grind for were cosmetics.

Game has around 4 k ppl, A dedicated MM won't work, will just extend to awfull time wait the match.

BS is a hard word to use so early in the discourse.

If 2 people are equally skilled, gear matters. Otherwise, I stand by my argument. Not saying though that gear has no influence, just saying skill is more important.
Now that conclusion comes from playing many games for many years.

Netcode_err_404
05-02-2017, 03:23 PM
BS is a hard word to use so early in the discourse.

If 2 people are equally skilled, gear matters. Otherwise, I stand by my argument. Not saying though that gear has no influence, just saying skill is more important.
Now that conclusion comes from playing many games for many years.

Thats the definition of "unbalanced" bro.

When you are twice as good compared tou your opponent is so ****ing stupid that I cannot understand why we are taking that possibility as a valid argument.

Theres no balance when i can deal more than half hp damage with a SINGLE HEAVY. Better than me or not, I just almost killed you in a single hit.

Gear doesn't bring nothing to tha game, except frustration for the ones with lower stats. Why a mmo gear system was implemented is still beyond me, the only gear shuld be cosmetic only, and stats should not be upgraded by it.

laugmanden
05-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Thats the definition of "unbalanced" bro.

When you are twice as good compared tou your opponent is so ****ing stupid that I cannot understand why we are taking that possibility as a valid argument.

Theres no balance when i can deal more than half hp damage with a SINGLE HEAVY. Better than me or not, I just almost killed you in a single hit.

Easy on the ad hominem, I have done nothing to you!

Netcode_err_404
05-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Easy on the ad hominem, I have done nothing to you!

And i do not even talked about feats LOL. Considering thebest feats are unlocked further.

Bjron_Ironside
05-02-2017, 03:43 PM
So in essence, OP wants to be spoon fed instead of working for things? I see.

RatedChaotic
05-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Hey, just a suggestion. Instead of having rep 3 required for getting the good gear, how about you lower it to 1, that way you don't have to trudge through garbage *** games till rep 3. I am running out of shows to watch while i play waiting till I am rep 3 so I can actually compete.

No way.....I would be almost max gear with like 8 toons if it was dropped to rep1. If I could max toons out that fast I would move on to another game because the feeling of hero progression would be gone for me.

Netcode_err_404
05-02-2017, 03:48 PM
So in essence, OP wants to be spoon fed instead of working for things? I see.

Its not about wanting "to work" ( work in a videogame LOL), is about the fact that grinding gear in a fighting game where ppl want to istantly pick up an hero and fight, is trash game design. You want grind for stuff ? Cool, make gear only cosmetic and play 500 hours to get that pink skin you love so much. But active gear is a BS. Its even more BS the fact that i need to be at the third prestige to juststarting to find purple items.

Seems like players do ot give a flying **** about playing the game cuz they like it, seems they play for the unlocks.

Bjron_Ironside
05-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Its not about wanting "to work" ( work in a videogame LOL), is about the fact that grinding gear in a fighting game where ppl want to istantly pick up an hero and fight, is trash game design. You want grind for stuff ? Cool, make gear only cosmetic and play 500 hours to get that pink skin you love so much. But active gear is a BS. Its even more BS the fact that i need to be at the third prestige to juststarting to find purple items.

Seems like players do ot give a flying **** about playing the game cuz they like it, seems they play for the unlocks.

It's how the game was made. It's the developers game, not hours. If they don't like it, it isn't for them. Plus, there's always duel and brawl with no gear. They should probably make an option for no gear for dominion, elimination and skirmish. The developers even said themselves this game will have mmo elements and that being gear development...

Netcode_err_404
05-02-2017, 04:02 PM
It's how the game was made. It's the developers game, not hours. If they don't like it, it isn't for them. Plus, there's always duel and brawl with no gear. They should probably make an option for no gear for dominion, elimination and skirmish. The developers even said themselves this game will have mmo elements and that being gear development...

Well, if they keep that way I won't be too surprised when the only ones play the game will be the devs themselves.

laugmanden
05-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Well, if they keep that way I won't be too surprised when the only ones play the game will be the devs themselves.

Its almost just the devs and elitist that are playing the game.
Community ingame is hostile and toxic. on these forums you can find discourse, but for the most of it there are 2 camps. Camp1 = L2P Nabs and Camp 2 = Nerf/Buff camp.

Nip..Nip
05-02-2017, 05:29 PM

nice logic there, we are just the people that paid money for it and are supposed to play it not the devs. We are the consumers and the devs want to sell us something so they have to make us want to play the game.

Nip..Nip
05-02-2017, 05:31 PM
yes that may be actually but the point kind of remains the same For Honor is not an MMO. therefore there should be no statgear locked behind a slow and painful leveling system.

Netcode_err_404
05-02-2017, 06:20 PM
yes that may be actually but the point kind of remains the same For Honor is not an MMO. therefore there should be no statgear locked behind a slow and painful leveling system.

Is not too painful. But i have literally 0 intentions to lvl up my grey kensei against lvl 108 pk's able to 3 shot me.

Yarzahn
05-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Every other progression based game does the same thing.

There are no progression based online PvP games. It would be the same if tekken, mortal kombat or injustice required you to use a character for 30 hours at 66% the stats, to unlock the unnerfed version.

Or LoL, or dota or overwatch, whatever.
This system belongs in RPG games

Alustar.
05-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Games that had gear based progression: Diablo(any) the reckoning kingdoms of amular, any elder scrolls game, champions of norath, baulders gate, and dragon age, all had leveling and gear grinds involved
Soul Calibur 2-4 even had a sort of gear system, that they experimented with.
You were saying?

Netcode_err_404
05-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Games that had gear based progression: Diablo(any) the reckoning kingdoms of amular, any elder scrolls game, champions of norath, baulders gate, and dragon age, all had leveling and gear grinds involved
Soul Calibur 2-4 even had a sort of gear system, that they experimented with.
You were saying?

1) Nobody plays Inquisition online, and it was indeed an experiment, because is terrible.
2) soul calibur 2 is a single player game, for ps2.
3)Elder scrolls is a single player game, and eso is unplayable in pvp unless you are full geared.

Have you finished the worthless arguments ? Or theres more ?

Alustar.
05-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Actually soul cal is two player fighter like tekken. Other two player games? Dragon ball xenovers and cod, and has gear progression, as more recent titles.

The bottom line is this. Every game made has progression of some form or another to get you from the beginning to the end.
No where are you going to pick up a game new and start with everything unlocked. And this idea that you as a fresh player should and can compete with others that have been playing far longer is not only selfish, but childish.

Alustar.
05-02-2017, 10:57 PM
There are no progression based online PvP games. It would be the same if tekken, mortal kombat or injustice required you to use a character for 30 hours at 66% the stats, to unlock the unnerfed version.

Or LoL, or dota or overwatch, whatever.
This system belongs in RPG games

Cod is a multiplayer pvp game where you have progression based advancement and unlocks. You don't start with the max lvl rifles and perks, you have to unlock them. Additionally the only way to do so is through online play. Offline play will not yield returns for online load outs.

1) Nobody plays Inquisition online, and it was indeed an experiment, because is terrible.
2) soul calibur 2 is a single player game, for ps2.
3)Elder scrolls is a single player game, and eso is unplayable in pvp unless you are full geared.

Have you finished the worthless arguments ? Or theres more ?

No body plays inquisition currently. After release it was loaded with players as are most new titles.
Lol and what makes my argument worthless, the fact that you don't like it or the fact that I just proved your "no games have this type of progression" theory to ****?

Alustar.
05-02-2017, 11:18 PM
People mistake gear discrepancies with skill discrepancies.
I encountered the same thing in Rift, I had max level pvp gear, and over 5 years of time invested into my builds. When someone complained that I wiped the
Because of gear I'd take it off and run naked with low lvl weapons only and still won. Not because of gear(obviously since I had none) but because I knew, not only my build, but what to look for in other classes when I'm combat as I'd leveled each one to cap.
I new myself and I knew my enemy.

UbiJurassic
05-02-2017, 11:30 PM
We do have changes coming to gear in Season 2 that will hopefully quell some of the concerns you have in regards to fighting max gear heroes. We are investigating ways to better balance the matchmaking process so you are fighting similarly leveled opponents, but we unfortunately don't have any news to share on when changes will be implemented to do so.

Nip..Nip
05-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Is not too painful. But i have literally 0 intentions to lvl up my grey kensei against lvl 108 pk's able to 3 shot me.

thats what I meant with painful.

Nip..Nip
05-03-2017, 11:35 AM
but ya know it still comes downto whining really. I got put into several games yesterday and today against rep 1-28 people and I was the only one under rep 1... did it suck balls cause of gear differences... YES.... did I rage quit and cry like a baby... no.... cause I knew I was gonna get my *** handed to me. onyl way to get bettter is to get to it.

as far as leveling... dont wanna get beat down by players... and dont wanna fight bots.... then your sol, and stick with story mode... I dont know what to tell ya'll

And exactly that is what this is about genius, we dont want it to suck balls. Of course you could just carry on and call everyone thats trying to make the game suck less by telling the devs whats wrong a cry baby or you could actually try to give feedback and make the game better. You even say that you dont want to get beat down by high level players and you dont want to fight bots either so you are actually on our side here, but you still found a way to antagonize those who share your opinion.

Alustar.
05-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Just ran several skirmishes on my friends console, my main is a PK so I purchased a level one PK on his account and dived right in.

Was there a bit of added difficulty? Sure, I didn't have anything that I was used to other than my move sets.

Did I under preform because of a discrepancy based around my lack of gear? No, while I didn't preform as I normally would have, I still wasn't at an extreme disadvantage since I at least knew the mechanics of the game.

In fact I got into a fight with another PK that tried to treat me like a noob and suffered for it. After I partied, deflected and counter attacked him, he spent the rest of the match running from me.

I don't know why people complain about this, if you are new then the only way to get better at fighting players is to play against other players.
If you are trying a new hero understand that your inability may be less tied to your gear and more tied to your lack of knowledge with said new character.