PDA

View Full Version : Has gear score killed the game?

AgentCelt
05-01-2017, 04:19 PM
What the title says.

I think it has. Everything would have been so much better if every character just had individual stats and gear was just a way to customize your characters looks. It's almost impossible to start a new hero without being absolutely massacred every game.

Halvtand
05-01-2017, 04:21 PM
While I do agree that the gear should not have score and stats at all in this kind of game. i feel that they are now so balanced that they can hardly be blamed for ruining the game, as opposed to the early game.

AgentCelt
05-01-2017, 04:38 PM
While I do agree that the gear should not have score and stats at all in this kind of game. i feel that they are now so balanced that they can hardly be blamed for ruining the game, as opposed to the early game.

Starting a new hero is horrible because of gear score. It makes 4v4 game modes less about skill and more about stats.

Halvtand
05-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Starting a new hero is horrible because of gear score. It makes 4v4 game modes less about skill and more about stats.

That is anecdotal evidence as best, and hearsay as worst. We have the stat changes that the gear provides and they lie between 10-15% difference from normal. What may be the problem is not the advantages or disadvantages that the gear provides, but rather the lack of experience and skill with the new hero. Either one can take their chances in PvP, or do the safer thing and start out with PvE to gain said skill.

Gray360UK
05-01-2017, 04:57 PM
I think this is a matchmaking problem, not a gear problem.

I have played many many games with gear difference, rare, epic, legendary, but the gear had level caps in order to equip it, and the PvP had level brackets so you didn't meet people with a higher tier of gear than you could reasonably be expected to have.

So I haven't voted, because gear isn't the issue.