Hello! My computer specs are as follows:

CPU: i7 6700K
GPU: MSI 1070 Gaming X
PSU: 900W Antec
MOBO: Maximus VIII Alpha
RAM: 16GB 3200MHZ Vengeance
MONITOR: 144hz ASUS
SSD: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

I have been running the game without any hiccups or lag ever since the game came out in December of 2015. The recent patch for Coastline and its DLC seemed to have thrown some stuttering and double the CPU usage for some reason.

I have tried reinstalling the game, my Windows, using multiple different SSD's. I have tried disabling Hyper Threading (made it worse), Underclocking my CPU/GPU, Overclocking them, stock clocks, nothing seems to help this annoying stuttering/split second freezing! Unparking the CPU didn't do a thing to help either.

I have a strong hunch that this game is not optimized for current gen CPU's because everyone that I have talked to who has a 6000 series i7 or newer seems to have this high CPU usage (90%), along side the random stuttering where the game will freeze for 1 second at a time. I have even confirmed with some of my friends and their lesser processors not having any issues, an example being an old AMD quad core running this game at 25% usage with no freeze/stutter, while I am on the same minimal settings using 80% of my i7 and it has the annoying lag/freezing/stutter.

As I have said, others are having this issue, I wouldn't bother making a post if it was just me. If anyone can help me out, that'd be great! Thanks!!!

Esk1moCat__
05-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Having the same with an i7-7700K, but only at the start of the round for a couple of seconds, runs smoothly after that.