PDA

View Full Version : Game's Dying playerbase....

EDG_Avocado
05-01-2017, 01:59 AM
I just made the worst decision of my life yesterday by buying this game on uplay rather than steam.... Now I can't get a refund.
Game takes so long for majority of the modes. COME ON its only been 2 months!!!!!!
DO SOMETHING UBISOFT , How did this game go from hundred of thousand of players in beta to only 2k players on weekdays....????????

I would appreciate a refund.

Dizzy4213
05-01-2017, 02:04 AM
P2P!

That's how.

Beetlejuice1686
05-01-2017, 02:07 AM
I just made the worst decision of my life yesterday by buying this game on uplay rather than steam.... Now I can't get a refund.
Game takes so long for majority of the modes. COME ON its only been 2 months!!!!!!
DO SOMETHING UBISOFT , How did this game go from hundred of thousand of players in beta to only 2k players on weekdays....????????

Be happy, 90% of the people who left probably had bad internet, I've been watching stability rise more and more and not just from patches 😂😂

teksuo1
05-01-2017, 02:21 AM
it does take much more time to find lobbies nowadays... even if it says "Very High Activity"
most noticeable from 3 am to 6 am eastern time... but the thing still says "Very High Activity"

i think they tweaked the thing to say "Very High Activity" even with low activity :cool:

kweassa1917
05-01-2017, 02:27 AM
it does take much more time to find lobbies nowadays... even if it says "Very High Activity"
most noticeable from 3 am to 6 am eastern time... but the thing still says "Very High Activity"

i think they tweaked the thing to say "Very High Activity" even with low activity :cool:

..yes, because people only live in the American continent. :rolleyes:

Mia.Nora
05-01-2017, 02:47 AM

If the game shows activity out of the region Ubisoft hard locks you in with regionlock restrictions, it is beyond stupid.

That's like queueing for LoL ranked match and the expected time to find a match is based on the other continent that has nothing to do with you.

teksuo1
05-01-2017, 03:01 AM

don't ask me why but it is what it is ; longer wait times from ~3 am to ~6 am eastern.
I can literally start google searches and find what i'm looking for and the match is still not found.

during the day i can't do that, matches start before i'm done searching.

Egotistic_Ez
05-01-2017, 04:01 AM

You could still try and get a refund by contacting customer support. Ubi have been refunding a few For Honor purchases lately to try and win back some PR.

I can literally start google searches and find what i'm looking for and the match is still not found..

How ****ing terrible is your net that you can use that as a metric? Google searches take what, anywhere from 0.3 to 0.8 seconds? lol

EDG_Avocado
05-01-2017, 04:05 AM
Something needs to be done.
THis game isn't cheap and is surely overpriced game for what we get in return.
Playerbase is at 2k and 3k at weekends.
Matchmaking takes years to find

teksuo1
05-01-2017, 04:09 AM
How ****ing terrible is your net that you can use that as a metric? Google searches take what, anywhere from 0.3 to 0.8 seconds? lol

depends what you're looking for. idk what you google for if you find satisfying answers with a single search within less than 1 second.
especially when troubleshooting ; many things can be tried before something finally works.
A thorough answer requires more than a single google search usually.

has nothing to do with network speed.. pretty simple minded to come to that conclusion.

*When it really takes too long it brings an error. Never see it happening during the day, mostly during that ~3am to ~6am eastern time-frame ; is that a better metric for you?

Netcode_err_404
05-01-2017, 04:20 AM
Simple.

Because this game seems developed by amateurs.

This game at the moment has 3 of the worse contraries of the history of gaming :

1) AAA full price
2) Low content ( very low)
3) multiplayer focused game with the worse network ever seen.

Sum these 3 points and you will understand why from 200k plyers every day on the open beta, we reached barely 3k.

Tis whole game is a scam, not the game itself which is decent enough, but for the whole service.

Don't get me wrong, i never expected to have qualityin an ubisoft game,since i do not remember a quality game from ubi who is not pop warrior within, but i never would have imagined THIS type of "quaity"

EDG_Avocado
05-01-2017, 04:33 AM
Simple.

Because this game seems developed by amateurs.

This game at the moment has 3 of the worse contraries of the history of gaming :

1) AAA full price
2) Low content ( very low)
3) multiplayer focused game with the worse network ever seen.

Sum these 3 points and you will understand why from 200k plyers every day on the open beta, we reached barely 3k.

Tis whole game is a scam, not the game itself which is decent enough, but for the whole service.

Don't get me wrong, i never expected to have qualityin an ubisoft game,since i do not remember a quality game from ubi who is not pop warrior within, but i never would have imagined THIS type of "quaity"

Well said man I have to agree with you even tho this is my first game from ubisoft. This is embarassing for the buyers and the company itself. This game dropped like a bomb

Netcode_err_404
05-01-2017, 11:59 AM
Well said man I have to agree with you even tho this is my first game from ubisoft. This is embarassing for the buyers and the company itself. This game dropped like a bomb

How in the hell they released this mess is beyond me. Probably they were sure to fix all with a patch.

3 months and still get disconnected 2-3 times every session. Not to mention i cannot invite friends after we get disconnected with errors.

I've already told 2 of my friends to stay away from this crap.

The game will die, and ubisoft is the only executioner here

EDG_Avocado
05-01-2017, 03:33 PM
How in the hell they released this mess is beyond me. Probably they were sure to fix all with a patch.

3 months and still get disconnected 2-3 times every session. Not to mention i cannot invite friends after we get disconnected with errors.

I've already told 2 of my friends to stay away from this crap.

The game will die, and ubisoft is the only executioner here

ur rite Ubisoft made the biggest mistake with no servers, everything else is pretty minor compared to that.

ViciousOphidian
05-01-2017, 06:18 PM
After the player base shrunk to ~15k players, I think Ubisoft have learned their lesson and will surely add Dedicated Servers in "For Honor 2" when it comes out next year.

EDG_Avocado
05-01-2017, 09:41 PM
After the player base shrunk to ~15k players, I think Ubisoft have learned their lesson and will surely add Dedicated Servers in "For Honor 2" when it comes out next year.

Honestly, if For Honor 2 was a thing, I believe all the owners of For Honor should get a price reduction for it because of this crap we went through.