PDA

View Full Version : Why 'Equip' orders?

Hormly
04-30-2017, 06:43 PM
Why are we made to 'equip' three orders at a time?

Wouldn't it make more sense for all of them to just be 'active'

TheMalakith
04-30-2017, 06:50 PM

Because...reasons.

Yea, it's pretty dumb.

jbs1985
04-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Only reason I can think of is: For players who can't finish them in time, can still finish three old orders, if they've equipped them.

Gray360UK
04-30-2017, 08:22 PM
Only reason I can think of is: For players who can't finish them in time, can still finish three old orders, if they've equipped them.

Yep this part is very useful.

Hormly
04-30-2017, 08:25 PM

i definitely considered that... but thats literally the only reason I could think of

Hail2Reign
04-30-2017, 08:38 PM

It's to create a time sink so that you play more matches and for longer each day. They want to keep you on longer in some way shape or form, so for those that want to do all the orders in a day they are forced to go through the motions. Some people will prefer efficiency over all else when it comes to time spent playing a game and being rewarded for it, a few games I know even. if they did all the orders at once in a 30 minute span and had no incentives or rewards to work towards for the remainder of the day they would stop playing and move to the next game till the orders reset. But with the limit of three and having to swap them it can motivate, or force, people of that type to stay on for a longer length of time.

Gray360UK
04-30-2017, 08:46 PM
It's to create a time sink so that you play more matches and for longer each day. They want to keep you on longer in some way shape or form, so for those that want to do all the orders in a day they are forced to go through the motions. Some people will prefer efficiency over all else when it comes to time spent playing a game and being rewarded for it, a few games I know even. if they did all the orders at once in a 30 minute span and had no incentives or rewards to work towards for the remainder of the day they would stop playing and move to the next game till the orders reset. But with the limit of three and having to swap them it can motivate, or force, people of that type to stay on for a longer length of time.

Yep, this is true, but in a positive way for me. The Orders motivate me to play certain modes and characters that I oherwise might not bother with. It adds an (entirely optional) layer of challenge and motivation that I like. Otherwise I would probably just have a go on whatever character I feel like at the time, with no motivation other than just playing (which is okay too of course). The key point is that without orders, as you said, I would probably play in much shorter sessions and feel less rewarded for doing so. Orders shake things up and keep me playing.

They are usually easy to structure so that you complete several of the same type in one go as well, especially now the AI / Player distinction is gone. The other day I completed 5 (2 daily, 3 Contract) in a single match!

Hormly
04-30-2017, 08:54 PM
Yep, this is true, but in a positive way for me. The Orders motivate me to play certain modes and characters that I oherwise might not bother with. It adds an (entirely optional) layer of challenge and motivation that I like. Otherwise I would probably just have a go on whatever character I feel like at the time, with no motivation other than just playing (which is okay too of course). The key point is that without orders, as you said, I would probably play in much shorter sessions and feel less rewarded for doing so. Orders shake things up and keep me playing.

They are usually easy to structure so that you complete several of the same type in one go as well, especially now the AI / Player distinction is gone. The other day I completed 5 (2 daily, 3 Contract) in a single match!

sometimes im several matches in and notice i missed an opportunity to fill an order :/ this is what makes me think the process is an entirely artificial hurdle

UbiNoty
05-01-2017, 01:17 AM
I believe the idea behind equipping was to give you more options based on your playstyle/what modes or heroes you enjoy.