PDA

View Full Version : For Honor now totally bricked

KalkPost
04-30-2017, 03:22 AM
At least on PS4, matchmaking got even worse after the 1.0.6 update.

In 9/10 cases I am now thrown into running matches, either after first or 2nd round. So, basically I can play another 1-2 rounds before I have to look for another match.

Very often spawning at random spots on the map, totally loosing orientation (pretty funny to spawn and immediately get ganged).

Every single match is now full with bots. I don't want any bots, I want to start a game with human players. If some leave throughout the match ok, that's life. But at least there is a higher chance to not see any bots. Now it is guaranteed to have them.

UBI: If people are asking for better matchmaking, how do you approach that? Are you even thinking before coding? To me it looks like you grabbed the demands of the loudest shouting ***s from the forums and implemented right what they are begging for, no matter how stupid the consequences are.

On PS4 the game was great, matchmaking wasn't much of a problem there, so why the heck did you kill it?

CHawkins27
04-30-2017, 03:37 AM
Easiest solution I can think of to joining the games when people leave is to implement some sort of penalty. Whether it be like Rainbow Six where you get banned from the game for a certain period of time that extends if you continue, or other games where you're separated into special lobbies only with other people who enjoy leaving games when they get killed too much.

KalkPost
04-30-2017, 03:48 AM
It would be enough if they would allow people to join a queue AFTER a match ended.

CHawkins27
04-30-2017, 03:59 AM
Pretty sure I saw somewhere that they were supposed to be doing that. Where when the game ended and people left it would allow others to join in that lobby before the game started and you picked your character so you don't have to leave and start searching again. Not sure if that backfired so now we get thrown into games halfway done or what but it's a mess.

Kaotic_CipherTV
04-30-2017, 04:22 AM
Pretty sure I saw somewhere that they were supposed to be doing that. Where when the game ended and people left it would allow others to join in that lobby before the game started and you picked your character so you don't have to leave and start searching again. Not sure if that backfired so now we get thrown into games halfway done or what but it's a mess.

Yeah thats supposed to be a thing.. Ive tested it on xbox and the lobby still ends after the timer and never brings in anyone new.

cragar212
04-30-2017, 04:42 AM
Yeah it's crap. Every game I join is alrea1in progress. Gg ubisoftstool

UbiNoty
05-01-2017, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I don't think we intended to let players join already-in-session matches past the 60 second mark I believe? We made that change during a much earlier update.
So I'm wondering if our changes to Join-in-Progress that was meant to optimize between match game flow may be having unintended side-effects. I'll bring it up with the team and see what's going on.

KalkPost
05-02-2017, 11:02 PM
No problem. I strongly suggest to watch this video. Especially after minute 42. This is how it usually is with matchmaking.
Beside that, there is also a "ghost" bug that I saw like 3 times in that session with Berserker: An example is at minute 57:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h_D2IItC8E&feature=youtu.be&t=2480

ZUNniK.
05-03-2017, 12:43 AM
After the patch matchmaking is kind of chaotic. As the others have said, much more games with bots. Lots of recovery in games.
Taking much longer to find/join a game. All on ps4. but fewer errorcodes on the good side :) but for me there was never a high amount of errors on ps4. i could've live with that.
all in all connection became worse (for me) on ps4 but its still playable. just chaotic. Pc (for me) somehow has much more trouble with matchmaking. using same network of course. yellow nat