PDA

View Full Version : can we please get a 4v4 modes without GS?

Natedog858585
04-29-2017, 11:25 PM
i love 4v4 but having to grind a character to rep 3 to get decent gear is a headache. im stuck using the same characters because if i pick a vanilla character, my attacks are like smacking them with a wet paper towel, and im obliterated in 2 heavies or 5 pokes.

it really shouldnt be hard to add the option.

SlashingElbow
04-29-2017, 11:28 PM
Wow you guys are getting weaker and weaker.. Grind through the hard part and you will be a great player when u finally reach 108. I beat 108's all the time with characthers i havent even bought or unlocked.. No gear. U need to learn the basics of the game before u start hating. There is a lot of ways to kill. What is the use of everyone being the same stats? Takes away the whole point of even ranking your hero up. STop it please just stop it

Lumina-US
04-29-2017, 11:36 PM
Grind to rep 3 is a headache for you?

Then you better stockpile tons of meds for such pain if you ever want to get to rep 30.

Rep 3 can be reached in less than a week.

While i play to about 98% on my rep 21 Warden, I'm almost rep 3 on my Valk as well, just through playing daily orders, (i don't use her otherwise) wasn't hard in the slightest.

Natedog858585
04-29-2017, 11:37 PM
i have 3 108 characters, its easy to win fights if your defense/attack is boosted by 50%, having better stamina recovery, and having more revenge proc.

you could just have both modes and people like you can stop crying about "omg no skill, i cant use my obscenely powerful main against people who want to experiment with other characters". Gearscore is a gift that keeps giving for everyone but newer players.

SlashingElbow
04-29-2017, 11:38 PM
Admit you are weak and cant fight and move on. No heart... Disgrace to any viking knight or samurai faction.

i keep changing out my characters i maxed out all my vikings now im on a warden. Used 3 days or something to get to rep 2. even with all the disconnect bs..

Natedog858585
04-29-2017, 11:40 PM
Admit you are weak and cant fight and move on. No heart... Disgrace to any viking knight or samurai faction.

except i can? the game is fine once its 108 vs 108, but to deny the massive difference between a 108 build vs vanilla-10 is asinine and blind fanboyisim.

SlashingElbow
04-29-2017, 11:42 PM
There is a reason there is a difference. So people have something to work for.. Wow your parents failed so hard with the giving out gifts and trophies to the losers and the kids that did not have a birthday lol..

Natedog858585
04-29-2017, 11:55 PM
There is a reason there is a difference. So people have something to work for.. Wow your parents failed so hard with the giving out gifts and trophies to the losers and the kids that did not have a birthday lol..

you can work for it and get pretty colors and cosmetics items. i bet you couldn't handle siege at all because you can only buy cosmetics with your currency so the game is as balanced as possible for new and older players.

why do you have such a hard on for keeping GS only modes? you can have both without having your planted stick removed from your arse.

SlashingElbow
04-29-2017, 11:56 PM
you can work for it and get pretty colors and cosmetics items. i bet you couldn't handle siege at all because you can only buy cosmetics with your currency so the game is as balanced as possible for new and older players.

why do you have such a hard on for keeping GS only modes? you can have both without having your planted stick removed from your arse.

I could not handle siege? Is that some other medieval game or something? I played chivalry medieval warfare forever tho

Felis_Menari
04-30-2017, 12:08 AM
No gear in 4v4? Then how we gonna feat spam?!

Kaotic_CipherTV
04-30-2017, 12:19 AM
Gear score is NOT a problem. I have every hero to atleast rep 1. When I got a hero to rep 1 I moved onto the next one. Doing this I was always the lowest geared hero and I still won a good amount of my fights. Gear is NOT a substitute for skill. If you learn to block, parry, and cgb you can fight anyone. If someone killed me it was because they outplayed me, not because they were carried by their gear.

Natedog858585
04-30-2017, 12:36 AM
Gear score is NOT a problem. I have every hero to atleast rep 1. When I got a hero to rep 1 I moved onto the next one. Doing this I was always the lowest geared hero and I still won a good amount of my fights. Gear is NOT a substitute for skill. If you learn to block, parry, and cgb you can fight anyone. If someone killed me it was because they outplayed me, not because they were carried by their gear.

did you ever think, maybe, just maybe, people who do have skill benefit massively from gear too? thats the entire reason the game is losing players (ontop of bad connection issues), the game has drained to people who meta build/playstyle, and new players have a massive mountain to climb to get to that peak.

gear is an outright bonus over vanilla characters, you cannot deny it, its the entire point system ffs.

Felis_Menari
04-30-2017, 01:18 AM
did you ever think, maybe, just maybe, people who do have skill benefit massively from gear too? thats the entire reason the game is losing players (ontop of bad connection issues), the game has drained to people who meta build/playstyle, and new players have a massive mountain to climb to get to that peak.

gear is an outright bonus over vanilla characters, you cannot deny it, its the entire point system ffs.

Do you feel that revenge builds are still a major factor in gear imbalance between Rep3+ players and those that are Rep2-?

Natedog858585
04-30-2017, 01:20 AM
Do you feel that revenge builds are still a major factor in gear imbalance between Rep3+ players and those that are Rep2-?

its not so much revenge anymore, just how playing new characters is a lot harder due to attacks being very weak when you factor in the defense bonus or revenge defense bonus. duel/even matches feel great, but playing vanilla characters and their heavies doing 20-30 damage vs 40-60 is not.

Egotistic_Ez
04-30-2017, 01:31 AM
New/low gear characters are at a disadvantage vs purple because of the +2 -1 of that gear. It's not debatable, it's simply fact. Against an even skilled player purple will trump non purple almost always (everyone has a bad fight now and then, there's also hero balance to consider).

Rather than splitting the already tiny population in half, I'd prefer a decent matchmaking system where you pick your character before you queue.

Felis_Menari
04-30-2017, 01:47 AM
New/low gear characters are at a disadvantage vs purple because of the +2 -1 of that gear. It's not debatable, it's simply fact. Against an even skilled player purple will trump non purple almost always (everyone has a bad fight now and then, there's also hero balance to consider).

Rather than splitting the already tiny population in half, I'd prefer a decent matchmaking system where you pick your character before you queue.

I don't think the devs intend on neutering the stat gains when maxed out, so I don't know what can be done aside from your suggestion. The last dev stream did mention full blown gear rebalance once the first DLC hits though, so maybe that will help remedy the imbalance. We'll have to wait and see.

Kaotic_CipherTV
04-30-2017, 02:16 AM

Then you are saying that its a skill problem not a gear problem...

Graci0us
04-30-2017, 03:22 AM
Feels to me, this is more matchmaking and lower population than anything. A no gear 4v4 sounds nice in theory, but how much activity would it truely see? I may be wrong, but my guess is it would be bare once ppl lvled up the characters they want to play. Ofc there will always be new characters to level, but after they are lvled, whoosh back to gs games. All an assumption, but i have seen these game modes asked for in the past with other games such as eso champ point free campaign, and hardly anyone used them.

Though i can say the funnest games i've had in for honor was a dominion, with full 108gs. I wonder if jacking brawl and duel xp gains way up to 4v4 lvl would help players? Just a thought. Get pvp practice on the new character for good xp, and gear up for your 4v4.

My fear is when they increase gear level, that it will deter new players from coming in because of the vertical learning curve, along with being so far behind if they want to compete in 4v4. This isnt an mmo. Plus, when competitive mode comes out, and your hero gets nerfed to oblivion, so you want to start another in order to compete at high levels, you have further to go in order to make him ranked rdy.

Natedog858585
04-30-2017, 03:49 AM
Then you are saying that its a skill problem not a gear problem...

how is that a skill problem. if you pinned two exact people together, one with max gear vs no gear. the max gear has to hit 3-5 times where the other has to hit 5-10. thats not a skill problem, thats a GS problem