PDA

View Full Version : Double XP Weekend.

DuhSavagePickle
04-29-2017, 08:34 PM
If it's not a thing, it should be.

Why?

1. Because it will make a lot of people play on the weekends(obviously).

2. It will encourage others to play new heroes because leveling them would be a lot easier.

3. It's just a fun thing for the community in general.

4. It would increase variety as in having others play new heroes, increasing odds of the lower geared players a better chance at the game and I would assume it would atleast have some effect on people who left the game previously do too having a low geared character.

Thoughts?

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 08:36 PM
World of Tanks player?

DuhSavagePickle
04-29-2017, 08:38 PM
World of Tanks player?

No I'm not, But I've played Gears of War before and Call of Duty and they have it.

Makes the community go wild, And increases player population.

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 08:40 PM
It draws in the casuals more... I agree.

Gankfest they should call it :D

No I'm not, But I've played Gears of War before and Call of Duty and they have it.

Makes the community go wild, And increases player population.

DuhSavagePickle
04-29-2017, 08:43 PM
It draws in the casuals more... I agree.

Gankfest they should call it :D

Lmao, they can call it what they like.

But I think it would be a pretty cool idea to be implemented into the game.

Don't you think so?

Graci0us
04-30-2017, 03:02 AM
I agree with you op. Cant speak for everyone, but i always enjoyed the events from hirez while i played smite. Friends n i would buy some pizza, and game it up for the day. Double xp and steel both could be a fun weekend event. Maybe on special days, both at same time?

Xinlyfenne
04-30-2017, 03:18 AM
Sounds good to me.

Karma_Ghost
04-30-2017, 03:44 AM
+1 from me. As it is, events, orders and faction war are all dependent on who and what you choose to play to benefit. Events like this where people can play however they want and still benefit would ease some of that frustration.

Egotistic_Ez
04-30-2017, 04:27 AM
Double xp on weekends, also make the ninja and centurion free to play for the second week of season two (give season passers their one week head start) to try and get some interest back.

DuhSavagePickle
04-30-2017, 06:27 PM
I agree with you op. Cant speak for everyone, but i always enjoyed the events from hirez while i played smite. Friends n i would buy some pizza, and game it up for the day. Double xp and steel both could be a fun weekend event. Maybe on special days, both at same time?

Sounds good to me.

+1 from me. As it is, events, orders and faction war are all dependent on who and what you choose to play to benefit. Events like this where people can play however they want and still benefit would ease some of that frustration.

Double xp on weekends, also make the ninja and centurion free to play for the second week of season two (give season passers their one week head start) to try and get some interest back.

Glad you guys agree, cmon Devs.

Let's make this Double XP weekend thing happen and bring more variety to the community.

TheMalakith
04-30-2017, 06:29 PM
Sounds fine with me as well. More people is more fun.

Can make a bit of a variation out of it as well, such as more steel only, more xp, higher chance of good loot, etc.

ZUNniK.
04-30-2017, 06:49 PM
Yep, i also think its a good idea

Elzziwelzzif
04-30-2017, 09:09 PM
All for this idea.
Would be a great start of the (first) weekend of the new season.

New heroes to level (and not the starters slog you normally have)
New maps to play on.
A very decent reason for players who backed down a bit to return, a nice start for new players.

I'd say, UBI, you have a genius here.

TheLastPandaa
04-30-2017, 09:31 PM
I really like this idea.

SangLong524
04-30-2017, 09:54 PM
great idea! this is the kind of threads I like. we can earn more steels by rep gain faster too. I suppose it wouldn't be too much to ruin their steel-bait system.
Double XP weekends or daily double XP with time limit. Like AC multiplayers. The snail-crawling pace of leveling is getting to me.

CitizenPuddi
04-30-2017, 10:16 PM
no reason for this to not be a thing

+1

UbiNoty
05-01-2017, 12:24 AM
Champion status actually grants you bonus XP - specifically, +25% XP boost for you, +10% XP boost for others, along with more end match loot and salvage from dismantling.
So I believe that with everyone running around with their 3-day champ status, the XP boost you should be receiving should be pretty significant.

I'll still bring up your suggestion to the team though!

Egotistic_Ez
05-01-2017, 12:29 AM
Champion status actually grants you bonus XP - specifically, +25% XP boost for you, +10% XP boost for others, along with more end match loot and salvage from dismantling.
So I believe that with everyone running around with their 3-day champ status, the XP boost you should be receiving should be pretty significant.

And that's great. Gotta start working on salvage for my shinobi. But the idea here is to actually advertise the double xp weekend so people, you know, come back?

DuhSavagePickle
05-01-2017, 04:40 AM
And that's great. Gotta start working on salvage for my shinobi. But the idea here is to actually advertise the double xp weekend so people, you know, come back?

Exactly, Nothing like 50% XP on the weekends PLUS the champion ship status.

It will cause people to play new heroes, giving a chance to the low level players to gear up at the same time while making it an even playing field.

It would bring back people who quit because of their low level.

Plus it's just a fun thing in general. One week can be double XP, another week can be double steel.

It's something to mess around with.

Something fun for the community that will make it more lively.

xLeapingLizardx
05-01-2017, 05:31 AM
Love these "event" type ideas..
Even stuff like double rewards for orders or even stuff like "if you complete all contract orders you get a scavenger crate or 2..
As people have said, you can be pretty creative with this..

CoyoteXStarrk
05-01-2017, 06:30 AM

Yeah but champion status is expensive and the game still isn't compeltely stable for alot of players which makes Champion Status kind of a waste.

xLeapingLizardx
05-01-2017, 06:33 AM
Yeah but champion status is expensive and the game still isn't compeltely stable for alot of players which makes Champion Status kind of a waste.

I believe he is referring to the free champion status they just gave everyone..
But it would be better if they gave it as an event instead of compensation for problems.

Bakeneko.
05-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Having some kind of event on every weekend would be awesome. And in addition to the event goal reward (Steel and/or Crates), doing stuff that counts towards the event goal could give double XP. (for example: if the event requires 2mil Dominion matches played, then dominion matches would give double XP during the event) to encourage people to participate in the event.