PDA

View Full Version : NAT has always been green, all of a sudden yellow? (Xbox One)

AmericanBalls
04-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Anyone know why the sudden change and how to go about getting it back to green? I haven't changed anything....Thanks!

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 06:45 PM
Why would you want to change it back to green?

Yellow is by far the best option.

Have you tried it yet?

Give it a go... see how it goes for disconnects, matchmaking etc.... Yellow NAT solves a lot of the problems you will have with green.

AmericanBalls
04-29-2017, 06:54 PM
Oh, well I just assumed green was the optimal one to have and was confused after months why it would just change all of a sudden. Thanks for the info, it seems to be working alright just wasn't sure what it would lead to down the road.

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 07:32 PM
Let us know if you find yellow to more reliable than the green you are used to.

Based on how matchmaking works... it should be FAR better.

Flello
04-29-2017, 08:17 PM
Let us know if you find yellow to more reliable than the green you are used to.

Based on how matchmaking works... it should be FAR better.

Yellow NAT is not better than green...

Yellow indicates that you have a 'moderate' NAT setting, which only allows you to connect to other users on either an open NAT (green) or moderate (yellow), but not strict (red)

In most cases yellow usually doesn't have many problems, but it's always best to have an open NAT (green).

Try opening ports on your modem/router, the ports I have opened are -

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)

Since opening these I have zero problems with NAT settings, it's always open for me.

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 08:24 PM
You just agreed with me... yet disagreed with me?

Sure having yellow nat is bad for red nats..... but a red nat is bad for greens.

Red nats are the fewest... green the most.... so why should the majority, suffer for the few?

Dropping to yellow is best for the individual player... remaining at green is best for the few who don't have decent internet.... yet those without decent internet, are a problem for those with the best. To hell with those with crap internet... I'm not supporting them and suffering as a result.

I pay my money, ill take my choice.

Yellow NAT is not better than green...

Yellow indicates that you have a 'moderate' NAT setting, which only allows you to connect to other users on either an open NAT (green) or moderate (yellow), but not strict (red)

In most cases yellow usually doesn't have many problems, but it's always best to have an open NAT (green).

Try opening ports on your modem/router, the ports I have opened are -

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)

Since opening these I have zero problems with NAT settings, it's always open for me.

Flello
04-29-2017, 08:41 PM
You just agreed with me... yet disagreed with me?

Sure having yellow nat is bad for red nats..... but a red nat is bad for greens.

Red nats are the fewest... green the most.... so why should the majority, suffer for the few?

Dropping to yellow is best for the individual player... remaining at green is best for the few who don't have decent internet.... yet those without decent internet, are a problem for those with the best. To hell with those with crap internet... I'm not supporting them and suffering as a result.

I pay my money, ill take my choice.

I'm not agreeing with you at all. You stated that yellow is by far the best option, which it isn't.

Moderate NAT settings don't usually have problems most of the time, but it certainly isn't the best...

An open NAT allows you to connect to more people than moderate.

EDIT - I think I get what you're saying. Red = bad ping? If so, this isn't the case, NAT setting has nothing to do with the quality of your internet. Only your router restricting certain connections.

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 08:44 PM
Yes it does allow you to connect with more people.... who all have red nat. Which causes disconnect and lag.... you're welcome to green... i'll stick with yellow and restrict the people who will cause me problems.

I'm not agreeing with you at all. You stated that yellow is by far the best option, which it isn't.

Moderate NAT settings don't usually have problems most of the time, but it certainly isn't the best...

An open NAT allows you to connect to more people than moderate.