PDA

View Full Version : The Class Specific Contracts Need to Go

JayyRupp
04-29-2017, 06:12 AM
I don't want to play 5 Dominion matches as a class I'll NEVER use and waste all of that XP. I know I can't be alone on this. Is anyone else kinda annoyed by some of these Contracts?

Dizzy4213
04-29-2017, 06:21 AM
I don't want to play 5 Dominion matches as a class I'll NEVER use and waste all of that XP. I know I can't be alone on this. Is anyone else kinda annoyed by some of these Contracts?

Completely agree. These class specific orders need to be removed, along with the stupid allied orders as well.

JayyRupp
04-29-2017, 06:32 AM
Completely agree. These class specific orders need to be removed, along with the stupid allied orders as well.

I know right? I don't always have friends online.

Egotistic_Ez
04-29-2017, 06:53 AM
What I find most amusing is that whole "we don't expect players to unlock everything because they'll only play one or two characters". Oh really? Then why force us to switch for orders?

Butonfly
04-29-2017, 06:57 AM
I agree, and don't do either of these orders.

Of course I know the company will track the metrics, so just keep on keeping on (passive protest) and hopefully they'll pick up on it.

Instead change them to "eliminate/execute 5 hybrids" or "5 heavies" and it'll make it much more fun hunting heroes down XD

CoyoteXStarrk
04-29-2017, 06:58 AM
If you want the steel you gotta work for it. They already made orders impossibly easy to complete and now you want them to dumb it down even more?

Boo Hoo.

Titanodragon
04-29-2017, 08:11 AM
Dude all they are asking for is a simple change that will help a lot. What if you don't like and heavies but you play hybrids or assassin's. You play more than one class but it's the same type of hero. It's really not that hard to see why people want it this way.

DUI Murda
04-29-2017, 09:29 AM
If you want the steel you gotta work for it. They already made orders impossibly easy to complete and now you want them to dumb it down even more?

Boo Hoo.

So you really enjoy doing 6 matches of dominion with 6 different heroes?
I play just one hero, there is no way I will jump on another hero I have no idea how to play for a measly 140 steel, and 1000xp for a hero I will never play again.

There's no boo hoo, some of us just don't want to be a jack of all trades.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-29-2017, 09:49 AM
So you really enjoy doing 6 matches of dominion with 6 different heroes?
I play just one hero, there is no way I will jump on another hero I have no idea how to play for a measly 140 steel, and 1000xp for a hero I will never play again.

There's no boo hoo, some of us just don't want to be a jack of all trades.

Yes I really do.

I like Orders that make me step outside my comfort zone in order to get rewards. Because I am not adverse to games having me play outside my comfort zone.

It makes things interesting. If you don't want the steel thats fine otherwise you need to stop talking. Don't sit there in a puddle of your own making crying about how you don't wanna do stuff in order to get rewards.

Welcome to how games actually work.

Tyrjo
04-29-2017, 10:02 AM
Instead change them to "eliminate/execute 5 hybrids" or "5 heavies" and it'll make it much more fun hunting heroes down XD

Yes I agree, this sounds like really fun orders. :)

kweassa1917
04-29-2017, 10:16 AM
I really don't understand why some people just want instant gratification for everything.

Sometimes there's orders/quests you like, you do them, other times you don't like, and just skip.

Why do people expect everything to go in their favor every time they just want it to be?

Is there no concept of 'wait' or 'patience' anymore for the younger folks? :confused:

Gray360UK
04-29-2017, 10:35 AM

Definitely agreed with Allied. While I do have friends, not a single one has For Honor. That Order is an auto-skip for me every time.

Whackme
04-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Some weeks ago we had a discussion about the fact that's it's not possible to unlock all items for every hero. Ubisoft answered that the game wasn't designed to unlock all stuff and items. (but finally gave in and increased the steel income. A good change, nobody needs this carrot on a stick mentality in a full prize title).
They justified it with the reason that players should concentrate their efforts on 1-3 heros and it was never intended to play all 12 heroes.

So I wonder why I get class specific contracts? Suddenly i shall play classes that I don't want to play in game designed to play with just 1(!) -3 heroes. Now i shall play with 6(!) different heroes?

Contracts are good, they give the players something to fullfill, to earn some extra exp and have some extra income. But forcing ppl to play classes they don't want to play is frustrating.
Additionally some contracts are utterly dump like "playing with friends". All my friends left the game weeks ago, mostly because of connectivity issues and toxic community.

Gray360UK
04-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Some weeks ago we had a discussion about the fact that's it's not possible to unlock all items for every hero. Ubisoft answered that the game wasn't designed to unlock all stuff and items. (but finally gave in and increased the steel income. A good change, nobody needs this carrot on a stick mentality in a full prize title).
They justified it with the reason that players should concentrate their efforts on 1-3 heros and it was never intended to play all 12 heroes.

So I wonder why I get class specific contracts? Suddenly i shall play classes that I don't want to play in game designed to play with just 1(!) -3 heroes. Now i shall play with 6(!) different heroes?

Contracts are good, they give the players something to fullfill, to earn some extra exp and have some extra income. But forcing ppl to play classes they don't want to play is frustrating.
Additionally some contracts are utterly dump like "playing with friends". All my friends left the game weeks ago, mostly because of connectivity issues and toxic community.

You're manipulating what they said to suit your argument. They didn't say you were not supposed to touch the other classes at all, just that they don't expect people to unlock everything for every single character. 30+ years of gaming experience and the recent 'Post your hero levels' thread tells me that thet were spot on too. Most people have focused on 1-3 characters. When you've got an account where every character is Rep 10 we can talk about how wrong they were, but I bet you have an account with 1-3 characters you've focused on like everybody else.

Whackme
04-29-2017, 03:43 PM
You're manipulating what they said to suit your argument. They didn't say you were not supposed to touch the other classes at all, just that they don't expect people to unlock everything for every single character. 30+ years of gaming experience and the recent 'Post your hero levels' thread tells me that thet were spot on too. Most people have focused on 1-3 characters. When you've got an account where every character is Rep 10 we can talk about how wrong they were, but I bet you have an account with 1-3 characters you've focused on like everybody else.

I'm playing Nobushi only, so the problem with the Class specific orders always hits me hard. Giving out contracts is a good idea, but like I said it's frustrating to get let's say two assassin-contracts but playing no assassin at all. Either I force myself to play assassin or I can shove the contracts down the dustbin (that's what I'm currently doing).

I just find it better to give players more freedom in what they want to play and still be able to make some extra steel and exp. Sure, the daily (mini-) contracts reward a lot in nearly no time but having unbound, non class specific orders is imo the way to go. (I mean the 48h contracts).

Additional to the class-specific orders you can also get the "play 6 different heros" or the "play with a friend" contract, what makes it even worse...

If I had an account with every hero on Rep 10 we wouldn't have a discussion at all, cause I had no problems with class specific orders.

Olikorn
04-29-2017, 04:17 PM
I don't mind the "small" orders to be class-specific, it encourages you to play other heroes, and if you don't want to... just skip them.

However, the one that really needs to go is the "non-Vanguard" order we sometimes get as "big" order. There is no reason to punish Vanguard players (especially since there is no "Vanguard-only" big order).

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 05:06 PM
I think a good work around would be to have every type of contract available..... but you can only choose 6 in each contract period... you can tailor them to your own guys then, or the game modes you prefer.

JayyRupp
04-29-2017, 05:26 PM
I agree, and don't do either of these orders.

Of course I know the company will track the metrics, so just keep on keeping on (passive protest) and hopefully they'll pick up on it.

That's actually a really good idea.

JayyRupp
04-29-2017, 05:27 PM
I really don't understand why some people just want instant gratification for everything.

Sometimes there's orders/quests you like, you do them, other times you don't like, and just skip.

Why do people expect everything to go in their favor every time they just want it to be?

Is there no concept of 'wait' or 'patience' anymore for the younger folks? :confused:

You're dumb. Next.

JayyRupp
04-29-2017, 05:28 PM

Boo Hoo.

You're a weebo nerd that doesn't understand logic. Go watch Naruto and leave the thinking to the adults.