PDA

View Full Version : Beserker broken?

AnabolicJunkie9
04-29-2017, 05:46 AM
Is it just me or does he seem broken now? Guys with no experieance just spam 2 hits then he has his hyper armour. I know you can easily parry this or dodge, but as an assassin it completely removes deflect.

Counter tips to this would be great or do you agree/disagree?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-29-2017, 05:54 AM
As a Zerker main I can honestly say we are FAR from broken.

Any decent player can wax a Zerker.

bmason1000
04-29-2017, 06:01 AM
Is it just me or does he seem broken now? Guys with no experieance just spam 2 hits then he has his hyper armour. I know you can easily parry this or dodge, but as an assassin it completely removes deflect.

...might i suggest parrying or dodging?

But which one? Parry is the superb choice for sure if you can react well enough. Back dodge if you choose the dodge route because either a top light or heavy in the side dodges direction is going to connect.

Side dodge can be safe if you're lucky or time it right but that next attack is coming fast and it's going to connect. So side dodge got you away from one hit but now you're back to the original question. Should i dodge or parry right now? Now read this post from the beginning again...thats what side dodge is like. You'll just have to keep asking that question until they're out of stamina.

Parry if you can, back dodge when you can't.

bmason1000
04-29-2017, 06:05 AM
As a Zerker main I can honestly say we are FAR from broken.

Any decent player can wax a Zerker.

Speak for yourself. My berserker annihilates "decent" players. On a scale of 1 - 10, "decent" being a 5...i am regularly destroyed by 6's and 7's hahaha

Olikorn
04-29-2017, 06:08 AM
...might i suggest parrying or dodging?
Both are dangerous vs a Zerk during a chain, because of their feints. The safest attacks to parry are their dodge attacks, zone attack, and initial heavies if they throw some.
If he reaches his second attack, just block until you block a light, as this will interrupt the chain.

teksuo1
04-29-2017, 06:32 AM
zero unblockables ; you'll be fine with just blocking. you'll be more than fine if you can parry.

Berserkers need to rely on feints because the basic kit really has nothing going for it.

JayyRupp
04-29-2017, 06:41 AM

Dude he's actually in a pretty rough spot right now. He's definitely not broken. I used him for almost all of Season 1.

ArlianDeBias
04-29-2017, 06:43 AM
Speak for yourself. My berserker annihilates "decent" players. On a scale of 1 - 10, "decent" being a 5...i am regularly destroyed by 6's and 7's hahaha

The same could be said for any character played correctly.

I don't think Berserker is overpowered, just focus on the GBC's and parries and be aware of the Beserkers who like to feint and grab throw into a wall for the guaranteed overhead heavy.

The power ranking for assassins in my opinion goes like this:

High Tier
Peacekeeper

Mid Tier
Berserker

Low Tier
Orochi

Butonfly
04-29-2017, 07:03 AM
Hyper armor on second+ chain forces the enemy to be mindfull of at least one thing when facing the berserker. It also gives the berserker "something" whith which to play mind games with the opponent. He get's to actually BE offensive, but it's not without it's counters (arguably flaws).

It's not OP at all. At best Hyperarmor is allowing a trade of blows for berserker, which is cool, but ouch.

Here, watch some berserker vs berserker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMe_AbKdcXU

OokiireteHoshii
04-29-2017, 02:01 PM
The only broken thing i see on berserker is after yesterday outage parrying a chained heavy attack from a berserker results in him getting far away from you like a nobushi or kensei. Is this intended of what...More tests are needed, but maybe it was just me not pressing forward to make the gb connect.

bmason1000
04-29-2017, 05:05 PM
Hyper armor on second+ chain forces the enemy to be mindfull of at least one thing when facing the berserker. It also gives the berserker "something" whith which to play mind games with the opponent. He get's to actually BE offensive, but it's not without it's counters (arguably flaws).

It's not OP at all. At best Hyperarmor is allowing a trade of blows for berserker, which is cool, but ouch.

Here, watch some berserker vs berserker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMe_AbKdcXU

That is a great find. Stat mixing some of that style with mine. I dig it.