PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: Red Orchestra

JG77Hawk_9
06-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Being not Il2 but a ground based FPS set in WW2 Eastern Europe, anyone of you guys played it?

Have a blast online playing either Reds or Nazi's in ground pounding style over terrain like Warsaw, Berlin, Caucuses and so on. People have objectives and must team up with others on side to achieve them with differeing soldier types. I love being the MG42 operator. Lying prone under some trees or in shrubs or on a wall and letting of small bursts to any Red I see.
It's an Unreal Tournament 2003/4 mod and lots of fun.

JG77Hawk_9
06-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Being not Il2 but a ground based FPS set in WW2 Eastern Europe, anyone of you guys played it?

Have a blast online playing either Reds or Nazi's in ground pounding style over terrain like Warsaw, Berlin, Caucuses and so on. People have objectives and must team up with others on side to achieve them with differeing soldier types. I love being the MG42 operator. Lying prone under some trees or in shrubs or on a wall and letting of small bursts to any Red I see.
It's an Unreal Tournament 2003/4 mod and lots of fun.

SwingerSpecial
06-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Red Orchestra is the IL2 of first person shooters - If you don't like a learning curve that hits you like a ton of bricks, go play Day of Defeat.

Personally I've enjoyed it tremendously (Have not tried the new 2.0 yet!), no other game has had such intensity to the close quarters skirmishes. Sweeping trenches with PPsH41, crushing skulls in room-by-room streetfights, holding back the Red Wave in front of the Reichstag.. and all this without ammo counters, crosshairs or minimaps. Definitely worth a try!!

JaguarMEX
06-09-2004, 09:57 PM
I play it, too bad there aren't many servers

In May 1942, Nazi submarines sank two Mexican tankers, and Mexico declared war against the Axis powers. Thus forming the 201st Mexican Fighter Squadron equipped with the P-47D and sent to fight in the Pacific
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/JaguarMEX-sig.JPG