PDA

View Full Version : Too much negativity

Concrete51CC
04-28-2017, 06:30 PM
The game has had a bumpy start with unforeseen issues. However, I still try to play it as much as possible and enjoy myself when I'm doing it.

There are certainly issues with player balancing (I'm looking at you, Warden Vortex 50/50), but Ubisoft has made considerable efforts to communicate more with us through the Warriors Den and weekly updates. They are also reading player feedback to get constructive ideas.

It is not easy to diagnose connection issues and crashes but their efforts can't be denied. People are emotionally connected to their Mains and they are always going to be upset when there is a Nerf or if they feel other characters are unbalanced which is going to be the nature of the ebb and flow of hero balancing. The game is still young and full of potential.

I believe that getting a free guard break after parrying a light and not a heavy would improve the game as well as potentially having chip damage in there for people that are turtling.

Anyway, I'm just sending some love and appreciation for what I can only imagine is a ambitious ongoing project. I bought GOLD and I don't regret my purchase.

VougishMan
04-28-2017, 09:51 PM
The game has had a bumpy start with unforeseen issues. However, I still try to play it as much as possible and enjoy myself when I'm doing it.

There are certainly issues with player balancing (I'm looking at you, Warden Vortex 50/50), but Ubisoft has made considerable efforts to communicate more with us through the Warriors Den and weekly updates. They are also reading player feedback to get constructive ideas.

It is not easy to diagnose connection issues and crashes but their efforts can't be denied. People are emotionally connected to their Mains and they are always going to be upset when there is a Nerf or if they feel other characters are unbalanced which is going to be the nature of the ebb and flow of hero balancing. The game is still young and full of potential.

I believe that getting a free guard break after parrying a light and not a heavy would improve the game as well as potentially having chip damage in there for people that are turtling.

Anyway, I'm just sending some love and appreciation for what I can only imagine is a ambitious ongoing project. I bought GOLD and I don't regret my purchase.

Well said! Honestly I don't know why everyone has their panties in a twist over this game. Yes there are issues, this game is unique and implements aspects of pretty close to d*mn near unexplored concepts, it's to be expected. I bought this game, the gold, the season pass, the whole shibang. Frankly, though i do agree that the bugs and connection issues can be irking, this game is pretty F**king phenomenal and I love it. Ubi, keep up the good work! Ya'll really amazed me with this one!

PecarCZ
04-28-2017, 10:02 PM
It is not easy to diagnose connection issues and crashes but their efforts can't be denied. People are emotionally connected to their Mains and they are always going to be upset when there is a Nerf or if they feel other characters are unbalanced which is going to be the nature of the ebb and flow of hero balancing. The game is still young and full of potential------Easy solution use DEDICATED SERVER NOT P2P **** SYSTEM WHAT NEVER WORKS""""""""""":???:__::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VougishMan
04-28-2017, 10:16 PM
It is not easy to diagnose connection issues and crashes but their efforts can't be denied. People are emotionally connected to their Mains and they are always going to be upset when there is a Nerf or if they feel other characters are unbalanced which is going to be the nature of the ebb and flow of hero balancing. The game is still young and full of potential------Easy solution use DEDICATED SERVER NOT P2P **** SYSTEM WHAT NEVER WORKS""""""""""":???:__::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's some articles you can read that actually explain the reasoning behind the use of the p2p system that make some valid points. I'm not exactly super psyched about it either, what with the connectivity problems on console, but after some research I do better understand why Ubi decided to go with this system rather than the standard host or dedicated server.

PecarCZ
04-28-2017, 10:39 PM
P2P never works and never will be working system.Every game with p2p have problems you can see it on Mass effect andromeda where p2p cannot work right.

CeIasun
04-28-2017, 11:26 PM
https://youtu.be/PKt7SjP5ZkA

https://youtu.be/2uTMTyqQxl4

Egotistic_Ez
04-29-2017, 03:33 AM
Ubisoft has made considerable efforts to communicate more with us through the Warriors Den and weekly updates. They are also reading player feedback to get constructive ideas.

It is not easy to diagnose connection issues and crashes but their efforts can't be denied.

The problem with that, at least for me, is that I and others were reporting these same issues all during beta. They didn't bother fixing them then, and even now many are still having issues. They earn no good will from me for starting to do their job 6 months too late.

P2P never works and never will be working system.Every game with p2p have problems you can see it on Mass effect andromeda where p2p cannot work right.

P2P can work. Most fighters use it, although in general they're only 1v1. Some shooters also use it, destiny pvp was P2P I believe and I never had an issue with that game (connection wise). The problem is simply that ubi wanted a better version without a dedicated host, and failed miserably with its design.

Gray360UK
04-29-2017, 10:45 AM
It's hard not to be negative sometimes. I mean I sit down to play For Honor in a perfectly good, positive mood. It's what happens next that makes me, someone who is unusually patient and stubborn, someone who will sit through hours of issues just to play those few good matches, negative. I don't want to be negative, but there are only so many times you can be having the best game ever and then watch in disbelief as yet another Error message comes up and destroys the session. I am not a naturally negative person, quite the opposite, but this game would test the patience of a saint.

Mia.Nora
04-29-2017, 12:39 PM
My main gripe is that for a game of its price tag, what it delivers is extremely subpar to majority of F2P Mobas.

Also constant lying is annoying. They have been lying about 0002001512 error for months. They also lied about choosing P2P for faster data transfer, where according to network analysis it is slower with over 100ms delay (in best conditions with 2 side by side computers) compared to most Mobas with dedicated servers with 60ms latency on average.

Not to mention region lock dried oceania so bad, I dont even bother launching game if it is not 7-11pm local time. And even then all I get is Dominion only, rest are still ghost town.

Concrete51CC
05-01-2017, 07:22 PM
The stability has gotten much better for me after the patch. I consider myself lucky being on the West Coast.

I can always find a game if there are disconnects I will just re-launch a different game type.

Keep up the effort, Ubisoft. There are still believers amongst us.

laugmanden
05-01-2017, 11:35 PM
I have 5 hours of "playtime"
However I have probably (excluding the tutorial) played around 30-40 minutes. That means that 80%+ of my time spend logged into the game is spend trying to find a game or being in transition (i.e. loading, reward, lobby screens.)

I have asked for a refund, and will never buy a Ubisoft product again. (For the record I own all AC, FC, MM and Anno games.)

UbiJurassic
05-02-2017, 01:35 AM

We appreciate the positive sentiment, Concrete51CC! Like you said, the development of For Honor is an ongoing project and we are looking to work with the community to identify areas of improvement and to use constructive feedback to create a better overall experience. We know that connection issues are still a problem for many players and over the course of future updates, we will be pursuing more and more fixes until the underlying issues afflicting connectivity are resolved. We have a lot of cool things coming in Season 2 and we are excited to share it with everyone soon. :)