PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Rate Ubisoft's For Honor Game Quality / Reliability? ( POLL )

SymphonyWarrior
04-28-2017, 06:07 PM
This is a Poll!

Please do not fight about who is wrong and who is right, that's all I see in the threads. I wanted to make a Poll so everyone can see what everyone is currently feeling about For Honor. And maybe, and just maybe Ubisoft will take this thread to their morning meeting and talk about how they can improve their strategies. I really enjoy playing For Honor, but lately I am just about to uninstall it and give up. The last four days the game has been unplayable for me. There times that I can play half to one game without having disconnection issues, not to mention when I can't get in the game.

That being said, I honestly hope that Ubisoft fixes this and really stop the game from having so many issues

Neziaa2016
04-28-2017, 07:16 PM
For a AAA game it's just terrible.

Illyrian_King
04-28-2017, 07:30 PM
For a AAA game it's just terrible.

This summes it up pretty fine!

The game badly lacks in content The same 5 modes are BORING meanwhile! There is no real adventure or contrasts to the last match of the same game mode ... no changes, only few ways to interact with the environment. Things like siege tools or minion deployment or actual castle stoorming with destructive environment, would make a great difference.

The Faction War is a flop!

The combat system is unique and fun, the story is fine for a "multiplayer-based-game" and the graphics are good for the current time, but that's all not enough if the multiplayer lacks that terribly!

That costumization is good, but there could be more things like:

Leg Armor
Minion Costumization
Guild houses with raids
Etc

Festerblight
04-30-2017, 01:07 AM
This games has flaws that you don't even find at indie games nowadays.

kweassa1917
04-30-2017, 01:54 AM
Generally great fun for me. But then again, I've never had much problems with the connection after 1.05... and played fighting games long enough to know that most "balance" complaints are a L2P problem... as well as waiting for patches to ground out existing problems is simply a matter of patience.

Getting out like 3~4 version updates within a couple of months is actually no small feat, and actually a very positive thing -- since about 10 years ago, the norm for AAA developers was maybe a single patch every 4~6 months or so, and sometimes even never.

Maybe the young folk born after we hit the 21st century think they should be getting fixes and patches on demand right away, but anyone whose got a real-life job knows that's not how things work in the real world. Those familiar with gaming companies also know that datamining is a very delicate job, requiring a lot of time.

So, I'm quite a bit more positive than the rest. "Flaws" yes, but I've seen worse, and much worse.

YuBiShiGouShi
04-30-2017, 01:57 AM
The game is basically unplayable thanks to P2P. Constant disconnecting in this game is what makes it terrible.

Festerblight
04-30-2017, 02:16 AM
Generally great fun for me. But then again, I've never had much problems with the connection after 1.05... and played fighting games long enough to know that most "balance" complaints are a L2P problem... as well as waiting for patches to ground out existing problems is simply a matter of patience.

Getting out like 3~4 version updates within a couple of months is actually no small feat, and actually a very positive thing -- since about 10 years ago, the norm for AAA developers was maybe a single patch every 4~6 months or so, and sometimes even never.

Maybe the young folk born after we hit the 21st century think they should be getting fixes and patches on demand right away, but anyone whose got a real-life job knows that's not how things work in the real world. Those familiar with gaming companies also know that datamining is a very delicate job, requiring a lot of time.

So, I'm quite a bit more positive than the rest. "Flaws" yes, but I've seen worse, and much worse.

I'm sorry but... You are dumb for thinking this way.

You don't compare products of today with products of decades ago, cause the products of decades ago are no longer on sale. You compare products of the present with products of... the present. Guess I should not complay if my GPU is only working for 50% of the capacity described in the label because the GPUs of 10 years ago would not even get close to that ammount of processing power?

Also, you don't compare products that are supposed to be top notch in their categories with the worse products of their categories, for a similar reason of the above.

kweassa1917
04-30-2017, 02:34 AM
You don't compare products of today with products of decades ago, cause the products of decades ago are no longer on sale.

Actually, you do, since it still requires real-life, living, breathing workers to make products nowadays, as same as 10 years ago.

You compare products of the present with products of... the present. Guess I should not complay if my GPU is only working for 50% of the capacity described in the label because the GPUs of 10 years ago would not even get close to that ammount of processing power?

Unless you're willing to argue that labor rules and humane treatment of workers in their workplace has somehow changed into slavery during the last 10 years, what you're saying is pretty much irrelevant. Or, are you one of those guys who says shi* like the devs need to give up weekends and holidays and work double, triple shifts non-stop to give gamers what they want within a couple of days everytime? I hope not.

Also, you don't compare products that are supposed to be top notch in their categories with the worse products of their categories, for a similar reason of the above.

But your reasons suck, and imply and propagate a false image that somehow, developers could always deliver a fix that satisfies 100% of the player base, straight away on demand, and they are obligated to do so even if it means seriouslyinhumane exploitation at the workplace. Except none of that is true.

How many of you send in tech reports and details of your net connection, as well as base info on your local ISPs? Because, groaning about tech problems without any relevant details is basically worthless in terms of development. The conditions regarding the network, and individual PCs at home, have become so varios and different that without relevant data, all your complaints are nothing but meaningless gripes and groans that doesn't interpret into anything technically.

So, realistically speaking, when people complain in the forums, it's like doing a maim in front of a doctor that's asking you "where does it hurt and how". Basically like a bunch of clowns.

Festerblight
04-30-2017, 02:58 AM
So... You need slaves in order to deliever a product with quality? Blizzard has slaves then? Cause I have played overwatch since alpha and even in the early phases of the game there has never been so much discontent and issues with the game as there is around this game right now. Just look at steamcharts and reviews for the game, there was a drop of over 80% in the playerbase in the lifespan of 2 months, there are people getting stuck for weeks without being able to play the game. And why should final costumers worry about tech issues and complicated stuff? That's the basis of developping... anything, that's why cars have shock absorbers and bumpers.

SymphonyWarrior
05-01-2017, 04:30 PM
People keep saying that when we complain about the game not being up to speed of demand, we are literally saying that the devs are slaves? How does that make sense?

Halvtand
05-01-2017, 04:31 PM
I barely experience any problems. While the game has issues, those are taken care of by the devs and I'm confident that this product will be awesome once the bugs are ironed out.

Netcode_err_404
05-01-2017, 04:59 PM
I barely experience any problems. While the game has issues, those are taken care of by the devs and I'm confident that this product will be awesome once the bugs are ironed out.

Yes when it finallywill comes out the beta im surely planning to buy it.