PDA

View Full Version : So centurion, just...no shield just the galdius?

Pinklander_Matt
04-28-2017, 07:48 AM
Why?.....

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 07:49 AM
Why?.....

Because we already have enough pansies with shields.

Plus he has a spiked glove on the other hand for punching

Pinklander_Matt
04-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Because we already have enough pansies with shields.

Plus he has a spiked glove on the other hand for punching

i'm not see any spiked, just the sword XD...where's the spiked?

Egotistic_Ez
04-28-2017, 08:10 AM

It's not spiked. The rumour, which seems confirmed by what the devs said his play style was like, is that it's an arming glove (or whatever they're called). Essentially it lets him parry and possibly catch attacks with his offhand. Think shield, but way cooler (and far less practical, lol).

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 08:12 AM

They have released screenshots that show his right gauntlet is different than the left and the knuckles are spiked.

Pinklander_Matt
04-28-2017, 08:17 AM
so this mean, than the centurion is an assassin class? XD

Pinklander_Matt
04-28-2017, 08:19 AM
i mean...short range, spiked weapon hidden in the other hand XD...

Draghmar
04-28-2017, 08:20 AM
Centurion is hybrid. Shinobi is assassin.

Pinklander_Matt
04-28-2017, 08:25 AM
Centurion is hybrid. Shinobi is assassin.

i hope the roman Cent. will be an hybrid like they said, because if his guard is broken like the assassin class, it will have no sense for mine idea of roman fighter XD

DrinkinMyStella
04-28-2017, 09:28 AM
he is a brute a powerful and strong hero in real life his attacks i bet will be powerful

Pinklander_Matt
04-28-2017, 09:37 AM
he is a brute a powerful and strong hero in real life his attacks i bet will be powerful

yes that's is what i want

Dude_of_Valor
04-28-2017, 10:03 AM
Look forward to trying these two characters out. Yet to find another class I truly like outside of the Warden.

Kiiyor
04-28-2017, 11:15 AM
It's not spiked. The rumour, which seems confirmed by what the devs said his play style was like, is that it's an arming glove (or whatever they're called). Essentially it lets him parry and possibly catch attacks with his offhand. Think shield, but way cooler (and far less practical, lol).

Cestus, I believe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cestus

https://68.media.tumblr.com/d3e8a9991f9e51efbe167f371babae7e/tumblr_inline_o36mflb0DU1sowtyq_540.png

http://quibbll.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/10-super-opasnyh-vidov-drevnego-oruzhiya-quibbll-7.jpg

There were all different sorts. Some were a little like knuckle dusters, some were covered in mail and spikes, some had claws, some were pretty much a lump if iron wrapped around a glove.

Should be interesting. Maybe it will be used for stuns.

Lyskir
04-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Centurion is a Vanguard/Assasin hybrid and im fcking hyped!!

Ryldaun
04-28-2017, 11:40 AM
Why?.....

To get back to the original question.

Apollyon even mentions a Centurion in the story and you know that the whole knight vikings samurai thing is a story that never happened? So they can add pretty much every kind of historic warrior.

Herbstlicht
04-28-2017, 02:24 PM
I think both new heros are going into some new concepts and playstyles, what i guess will be a good thing. But every advantage is going to come with some tradeoff. So if the centurion might be some assassin killing badass, he will have to have some weakness somewhere. Just in theory: if he has some deflect-like mechanic that works good against swift attacks, that could punish hella lot of playstyles. Giving him assasin like defence and some other weaknesses would be mandatory though.
Nevertheless, i really hope he is NOT going to become a counter-attacker but more of a "attacker" that eats through dodges and evasive moves. Like: hoho, you sneaky bastard tried to dodge my blade? Hah, have your face greet me fist! That would be fun :)

CandleInTheDark
04-28-2017, 02:40 PM
I think both new heros are going into some new concepts and playstyles, what i guess will be a good thing. But every advantage is going to come with some tradeoff. So if the centurion might be some assassin killing badass, he will have to have some weakness somewhere. Just in theory: if he has some deflect-like mechanic that works good against swift attacks, that could punish hella lot of playstyles. Giving him assasin like defence and some other weaknesses would be mandatory though.
Nevertheless, i really hope he is NOT going to become a counter-attacker but more of a "attacker" that eats through dodges and evasive moves. Like: hoho, you sneaky bastard tried to dodge my blade? Hah, have your face greet me fist! That would be fun :)

I suspect you are somewhere near there, he was described as an in your face pressure character. Remembering that the nobushi is (if I recall) vanguard/assassin, deflect or reactive guard are not a given (I personally prefer it but then I still reflexively block every attack when not an assassin since peacekeeper main) but could be cool. He might replace my warden as a semi main, shinobi will certainly be my samurai semi main along with the berserker for the vikings (I like assassins I cannot lie).

SlashingElbow
04-28-2017, 02:46 PM
So he can use his hands and grab you and knee your face in. Apparently the centurion has some sweet Muay Thai skills

kweassa1917
04-28-2017, 02:48 PM
What I'd really like to see is knights without full plate as option...

I've always liked the earlier chausses and hauberks, as well as coat-of-plates style transitional armor. Adds a lot more variety IMO, whereas the latter age (15~16th century) Italian-French style we have, IMO seem a bit dull.

CandleInTheDark
04-28-2017, 02:56 PM
So he can use his hands and grab you and knee your face in. Apparently the centurion has some sweet Muay Thai skills

If I recall, Roman said that was a charged heavy.

JohnWick87
04-28-2017, 02:57 PM
I think he looks badass !! But im afraid there will be thousands of them running around every match^^

kweassa1917
04-28-2017, 02:57 PM

We call that "generation kill", if the knee goes for some place... lower... if you get what I mean...:rolleyes:

kweassa1917
04-28-2017, 02:58 PM

We call that "generation kill", if the knee goes for some place... lower... if you get what I mean...:rolleyes:

Goat3_Saeko
04-28-2017, 02:59 PM
Why?.....

cestus is the name you are looking for it was an iron glove in ancient rome

CandleInTheDark
04-28-2017, 03:07 PM
I might have been wrong about the charged heavy, that was about a later screenshot, looking back at it. But that he has charged heavies is a sure thing.

TheLastPandaa
04-28-2017, 03:10 PM
Centurion is a Vanguard/Assasin hybrid and im fcking hyped!!

Me too. He looks awesome and... belongs to the knight faction! :D

Egotistic_Ez
04-28-2017, 04:18 PM
I think he looks badass !! But im afraid there will be thousands of them running around every match^^

You say that like it's not already the case with some classes.

Captain-Courage
04-28-2017, 04:19 PM
I was looking forward this class.

A Centurion without a scutum .... and is sword isn't even a spatha, but a simple gladius .... With a Cestus. Even if they wanted to give him a gladiator feel, it's failed since no galdiator ever fought with a gladius and a cestus combo.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/003/866/nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

TheMalakith
04-28-2017, 04:28 PM
I was looking forward this class.

A Centurion without a scutum .... and is sword isn't even a spatha, but a simple gladius .... With a Cestus. Even if they wanted to give him a gladiator feel, it's failed since no galdiator ever fought with a gladius and a cestus combo.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/003/866/nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Two gladiuses would have made more sense as a gladiator. Although not very common, it was actually used in the arena. I don't know why they didn't just give him a scutum though, a 4th shield class wouldn't have been to much imo.

Captain-Courage
04-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Two gladiuses would have made more sense as a gladiator. Although not very common, it was actually used in the arena. I don't know why they didn't just give him a scutum though, a 4th shield class wouldn't have been to much imo.

Yeah, a dimachaerus would have worked indeed since it was an actual gladiator fighting style (with a Spartacus feeling on top of that).
But no Gladiator ever fought with a Cestus / Galdius combo.
The only gladiator who used cestus in other encounters than Pankration or Pugilat (antique boxing) was .... the Cestus, and he used only that, in pairs, with no other weapons.

Sincerity117
04-28-2017, 05:13 PM
I hope he parries with his gauntlet. How badass would it be if he just stops the enemy blade with his hand

Gray360UK
04-28-2017, 05:33 PM
I hope he parries with his gauntlet. How badass would it be if he just stops the enemy blade with his hand

This badass:

https://media.giphy.com/media/7odMknzGn5nGM/giphy.gif

JayyRupp
04-29-2017, 05:24 AM
Why?.....

Does the turtling ***** feel vulnerable? L2p.