PDA

View Full Version : The game is broken & its time to honor your promise Ubi...

SerArthur-Dayne
04-28-2017, 01:27 AM
Just hit 8 straight hours over the last 2 days of searching for a dominion game with a yellow NAT (I have never been able to get green) without finding a single game. Sydney with broadband connection. Just had it searching while im doing other stuff at this stage...

I dont care anymore if they are trying, or if its just bad luck, or if the networking person got the Flu.. etc. Its been a steaming pile of garbage since months before beta, and has only gotten so much worse you cant even find a game, let alone have the opportunity to be kicked from it. And its been like this since launch, wait times around the half hour mark, and now into multiple hours.

They need to try servers and pay for it, and not be scabby Ubisoft and actually set them up in lots of areas. because this broke P2P system is shattered, and getting worse. And before anyone says "Well servers will make lag slightly worse hurrr.." I dont care. Id play with a McCdonalds wifi connection from the carpark if I could reliably find a fing game and extract some worth out of this virtual paperweight. Also people can reliably connect to servers.

Somebody needs to take some bloody initiative in the company, and fire the potsmoking scam-artist that arrives at their board meetings and says their terrible p2p system is on the up and up and is in good shape! WAKE UP!!!! You have a steam rating the same as No mans Sky solely because of this system you wont change. The playerbase disappeared faster than personal accountability at a Ubisoft office, and the only handfull of people that are left on the forum are the only people that somehow can magically connect when everyone else cant, probably because theyre all fing neighbours.

YOU said you would look at switching to servers if the game didnt drastically improve and players didnt come back. Weve waited for a few patches now on the promise you could make this system work. It dosent work. How do you plan to bring a 6 hour wait time down with minor packet-loss tweaks, etc..!??! Thats excluding the disconnects, rage quits, crashes etc that face you when finding a game.

Hire some people/ Allocate some of the competent networking staff to work on a version of the game that can run on servers. Set up a test version of the game, and test it in one of your busiest areas. If lag times go up by a 100ms or so, then adjust the characters attack times accordingly etc.. YOU said you would do this in a stream, and here we are months later with a worse version of the game. Come good on your promise because you have basically stolen from the people I know that havent found a MP game since launch. This sort of total crap in the gaming industry is insane, and being as polite as I can saying this, holding no animosity to the hardworking staff you do have; I hope sombody comes along one day very soon and sues you bigly, so as to set at least a base standard of functionality in these 200$ AUD products, and re-establish a modicum of respect for your customers, instead of inserting 1000$ of IAP in a season pass AAA game, thats broken.

You said you would look at servers. The game is rock bottom. Was it another lie, or will you actually do it? Cheers.

Mia.Nora
04-28-2017, 01:40 AM
They practically scammed any region out of NA and EU out of their money, by giving them a horribly restricting P2P connection. Playerbase in Oceania is probably only 2 digits at the moment, I know because I am from NZ and have the same issues with you. Except peak times there are no games. And during peak times it is always same 10-20 people I keep seeing without any new faces. I even recognize their icons right away now.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 02:59 AM
The fact you can't get a Green NAT type has nothing to do with them and everything to do with your quality of internet.

I have had a green NAT type since the Closed Beta

AncientReaper20
04-28-2017, 03:01 AM
The fact you can't get a Green NAT type has nothing to do with them and everything to do with your quality of internet.

Not true...I have had green NAT since release day, and I have VERY high speed fiber optic internet. After this patch....broken NAT

cragar212
04-28-2017, 03:02 AM

Nat type has nothing todo with "quality" of internet. I can switch my nat from red, yellow or green anytime

Mia.Nora
04-28-2017, 03:04 AM

I always have had Open Green NAT (well now I have the unknown NAT bug like eveyrone else), and have 200mbps fibre connection. It has nothing to do with our connection.

SlashingElbow
04-28-2017, 03:09 AM
They made it worse with the new patch. Its insane. They need to start refunding people or get dedicated servers

Butonfly
04-28-2017, 03:11 AM
Playing in NZ I can get a match in any game mode within 2 minutes during prime times. Ever since they restricted regions I won't bother trying during off times (like 6am) because it's you can't find a game.

Given I play with Aussies during peak times, it's safe to assume you've got some sort of issue if you're waiting 30 minutes. What exactly that issue is I couldnt say. Raise a ticket.

I usualy have a yellow NAT. In fact I thought yellow was normal XD. I had it come up green once last week.

This is also a PS4 experience, so depending on your platform you may not have a solid local playerbase with which to access. Which would be unfortunate.

Moondyne_MC
04-28-2017, 04:05 AM
That truly sucks OP, especially being in Sydney where most Aussie servers are hosted. I'm in rural WA, don't even have phone lines along my street, so I have to either hotspot off my phone for a 4G connection, or use my Vodafone wireless ****le which only gets 3G.

Still, even with my crappy connection (yellow NAT as well) I can find any type of game within a few minutes. Sure, 90% of them will DC either within seconds of starting or seconds before wining, but I can at least find a match. No idea what's causing you to not be able to find any. :-/

It may be a crappy solution, but if you're on PS4 feel free to add me (Moondyne_MC) and we'll group up and I'll search for games. Hopefully then you'll at least get some playtime in.

Edit: LOL at the censor. D*ongle is what it's meant to say.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 04:10 AM
Not true...I have had green NAT since release day, and I have VERY high speed fiber optic internet. After this patch....broken NAT

Yeah they have already annouced that issue and UbiNoty has been in and out of threads all day explaining the situation. Try and pay attention.

SlashingElbow
04-28-2017, 04:29 AM
Yeah they have already annouced that issue and UbiNoty has been in and out of threads all day explaining the situation. Try and pay attention.

U need to get the title of resident fluffer lol.. Jk <3 im sure you a good guy behind all your social justice :D

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 04:41 AM
U need to get the title of resident fluffer lol.. Jk <3 im sure you a good guy behind all your social justice :D

I am just being an adult about stuff.

I know the stuff is broken, but I'm not immature enough to come yelling and stamping my feet demanding they snap their fingers and fix everything right now. I have played games long enough to know fixing these things takes time and coming to the forums accusing the Dev team of being shady or lazy does exactly NOTHING to help the situation.

Moondyne_MC
04-28-2017, 04:48 AM

Somehow I don't think you know what "social justice" is, lol. Dude was just trying to be informative.

Mia.Nora
04-28-2017, 04:57 AM

I know the stuff is broken, but I'm not immature enough to come yelling and stamping my feet demanding they snap their fingers and fix everything right now. I have played games long enough to know fixing these things takes time and coming to the forums accusing the Dev team of being shady or lazy does exactly NOTHING to help the situation.

3 months after release is not demanding fix in the snap of a finger, especially for an issue that has been around since beta.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 05:04 AM
3 months after release is not demanding fix in the snap of a finger, especially for an issue that has been around since beta.

The fact that its still around should tell you how hard it is to fix.

You think they are just ignoring the issue or not trying to fix it?

The fact they came out and called it a problem that long ago should tell you that its not a simple fix. Coming here and listing your complaints in a constructive way is one thing, but coming here and stamping your feet and tossing insults doesn't help anyone. What exactly do you accomplish by being petulant towards to the very people who are responsible for fixing your problem?

escacleo
04-28-2017, 05:20 AM
The fact that its still around should tell you how hard it is to fix.

You think they are just ignoring the issue or not trying to fix it?

The fact they came out and called it a problem that long ago should tell you that its not a simple fix. Coming here and listing your complaints in a constructive way is one thing, but coming here and stamping your feet and tossing insults doesn't help anyone. What exactly do you accomplish by being petulant towards to the very people who are responsible for fixing your problem?

This 100%. Your average person knows 0, zilch, nada, squat about programming. Millions of lines of code. Tens of twenties of thousands probably just network code and it's probably a lot higher. Years go into making a game with 50+ people working on it. YEARS. 3 months and still problems with connection issues? Yup. That's what happens when you have a network platform that has never been tried before. It's a first of it's kind.

Servers would make problems worse. Fixing and optimizing p2p is the best option. It's been proven. You need every millisecond for reactions and adding a server between players adds up to 140ms from you to server to other player and back to server and back to you. Where it's 70ms (where I am) currently when both have good connections.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 05:55 AM
Also just to point something out to the OP

They said they would LOOK AT getting servers.

They did not say would definitely get them.

Mia.Nora
04-28-2017, 06:26 AM
You guys are hilarious. Industry standards for online gaming have been install > Login > Play without problems for over a decade.

It IS THAT SIMPLE. They ****ed up by avoiding proven effective industry standards to save a few bucks.

Also do not bother giving me the ******** of 'faster reactive game'. Professional Netcode Tests revealed over 100ms desynch in this game, while you can play on dedicated servers with as good as 40ms and with 60ms on average. For Honor intentionally avoid using lockstep to hide this, thats why attacks go through blocks and parries.

It is very simple, switch to dedicated servers like in R6 Siege and be done with all this ********. Moreover servers means less restrictions on region lock, since game stability will not be dependent on individual players anymore and they can rally more population to play together, or even multiplatform play which is %100 impossible in this version.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 06:34 AM
You guys are hilarious. Industry standards for online gaming have been install > Login > Play without problems for over a decade.

It IS THAT SIMPLE. They ****ed up by avoiding proven effective industry standards to save a few bucks.

Also do not bother giving me the ******** of 'faster reactive game'. Professional Netcode Tests revealed over 100ms desynch in this game, while you can play on dedicated servers with as good as 40ms and with 60ms on average. For Honor intentionally avoid using lockstep to hide this, thats why attacks go through blocks and parries.

It is very simple, switch to dedicated servers like in R6 Siege and be done with all this ********. Moreover servers means less restrictions on region lock, since game stability will not be dependent on individual players anymore and they can rally more population to play together, or even multiplatform play which is %100 impossible in this version.

You keep saying its simple.

The fact that they haven't done it is proof that its not lol

Mia.Nora
04-28-2017, 06:38 AM
You keep saying its simple.

The fact that they haven't done it is proof that its not lol

I said 'simple', not cost effective. They are avoiding doing anything because it will cost them money to hire data servers.

Their greed is overriding the need of costumers.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 06:46 AM
I said 'simple', not cost effective. They are avoiding doing anything because it will cost them money to hire data servers.

Their greed is overriding the need of costumers.

And you know this how?

I missed the article where the Devs admitted thats the reason why. Can you link me to your source?

SerArthur-Dayne
04-28-2017, 07:37 AM

I swear you are either one of the Devs (in which case, go fix your game) or you get off on being a contrarian. Im still undecided, but either way ill bite.

Im not demanding them snap their fingers and have this fixed overnight. But I am addressing the reality (which is becoming grossly common in the industry) that they released an alpha/ beta so many months to gague how ready their game was in order to sell it. They didnt address the network issues, and decided to release it anyway. Then at launch, this forum was packed to the brim of "this is the worst P2P game ever I cant play", everyone brought up the fact that the game needs servers. The Devs addressed us in one of the first streams with (heavy paraphrasing here) "Yeah maybe well move over to servers, I dont know, theres definately benifits to P2P and different benefits of servers. But moving to servers will take time and effort from when we start, and were not starting now. So we wont even bother assigning some of the networking staff to get a headstart on it, who knows, maybe well just fiddle with this system and see what happens"

That was months ago too, and they havent even discussed the fact that heaps of people cant even play the game. Im annoyed because theyve had all of this time, (well over half a year) and the game is in a worse state than the early beta build I played, considerably. Support ignore people, or give basic answers and cant even help set up the ports. And yeah, it is the games fault for this port problem. Ive bought 2 seperate port testers and both indicate ALL necessary ports are open yet its yellow nat, some days red and some days green.

Also you just posted in another thread a few minutes ago: Waited about 25secs and immediately got put into a Dominion PvP match, also saying you play on ps4. Then you also post in other threads sitting high atop your moral high horse telling people to be patient, that the game dosent have problems, to get over it, or it must be their fault, its not that bad, rome wasnt built in a day etc. When you dont have these problems by your own admission, yet lecture others on patience?

Im annoyed, like heaps of others, and Im expressing my dissatisfaction. If you'd like to continue to post another 7 seperate posts after this one expressing your dissatisfaction with my reply, then be my guest. Just hop off the horse.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 07:42 AM
*Wall of Text*

I'm telling people to be patient because thats all you can do. And my opinion is just as valid as anyone elses regardless of what issues I'm not having.

Coming here and blasting the Devs and Mods and ranting and raving for pages on end doesn't do anything productive.

Bob__Gnarly
04-28-2017, 07:51 AM
I'm telling people to be patient because thats all you can do. And my opinion is just as valid as anyone elses regardless of what issues I'm not having.

Coming here and blasting the Devs and Mods and ranting and raving for pages on end doesn't do anything productive.

Stop white knighting Coyote, this is a legit problem that needs to be brought to the devs attention. Especially after they just released a patch that was meant to address these types of issues.

The OP is frustrated and that's understandable.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 07:53 AM
Stop white knighting Coyote, this is a legit problem that needs to be brought to the devs attention.

You think they forgot? lol

They know the problem exists. That have publicly stated the problem exists. They have stated that its their number one priority to stabilize the game.

I understand being frustrated, but demanding they overhaul their game to put in dedicated servers based upon a passing comment they once said about the idea for servers? Really?

You know they are not going to do dedicated servers for a multitude of reasons.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-28-2017, 07:58 AM

Talk about being *adult* and change my post to *wall of text*. tee hee hee.

Talk about being patient, yet you dont have any of the problems those that are complaining are experiencing.

Talk about *ranting and raving for pages on end* when you replied to my one post *ranting and raving* seven times before getting my only response in this thread.

Youre being a hypocrite.

Also, where did I say your opinion wast valid? You sound like a SJW with that stuff. You can have an opinion, just dont try to dictate what mine is, and dont blast others for theirs, cheers.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 08:06 AM
Talk about being *adult* and change my post to *wall of text*. tee hee hee.

I changed it to that so I could still quote you to let you know I read it and still not have a giant wall of text attached to my post. Nice try though lol

Talk about being patient, yet you dont have any of the problems those that are complaining are experiencing.

I never said I don't have them. I said I don't have them often. I get occasional disconnects and Occasional "Failed to join" errors. Hell even last night I couldn't even GET INTO a game. I posted in athread last night about the "Game is starting but never actually starts" crap. I tried 10 times and gave up and went to play Witcher 3.

So yes I have issues just like everybody else. The difference is I don't see the point of coming here and yelling and screaming at the Devs when you know damn well they are already trying to fix it.

Me yelling at them, accusing them of greed, pretending I know more about games than they do and basically just being an old man yelling at clouds is not gonna make it get fixed any faster. It doesn't make them work quicker.

Talk about *ranting and raving for pages on end* when you replied to my one post *ranting and raving* seven times before getting my only response in this thread.

I am talking about the people complaining in general. There are pages and pages of essentially the same threads talking about the same issues.

Youre being a hypocrite.

Not really.

Also, where did I say your opinion wast valid? You sound like a SJW with that stuff. You can have an opinion, just dont try to dictate what mine is, and dont blast others for theirs, cheers.

By implying that I can't tell people to be patient due to me not having problems you are insulating that my viewpoint is less valid due to me not having it as bad as other people.

We know they are working on fixes. We know its taking forever and yeah that blows, but there are better ways to spend you time on the forums and be more constructive.

Rikuto01.tv
04-28-2017, 08:24 AM
OP isn't necessarily wrong about Ubi needing to admit their plans aren't working out.

His method of communication, however, was poor and definitely does not deserve a dev response.

Kalsiner
04-28-2017, 08:38 AM
For Honor P2P is different than traditional P2P and needs some fixs and adjustment, we get it. But i didn't paid for a game that let me play only when planets are lined up. This game is dying because of the lack of sanity from ubi$oft. You don't let things rot just because "you will fix it someday", it's been 2 months since the official release it's time to admit it will not work like that, and go for server or classical P2P.