PDA

View Full Version : Was Warden's Nerf too Much?

JayyRupp
04-27-2017, 10:30 PM
First let me start by saying I don't play Warden. After dueling for a few hours today I feel like he was nerfed a bit too far. EVERY Warden I encountered seemed to be extremely telegraphed and easy to read. I feel like his cancel window should be somewhere in-between where it used to be and where it is now. This opinion is based on playing against him using Kensei and Lawbringer post 1.06. Thoughts?

Yatagarasu-san
04-27-2017, 10:33 PM
First let me start by saying I don't play Warden. After dueling for a few hours today I feel like he was nerfed too hard. EVERY Warden I encountered seemed to be extremely telegraphed. I feel like his cancel window should be somewhere in-between where it used to be and where it is now. This opinion is based on playing against him using Kensei and Lawbringer post 1.06. Thoughts?

There is actually great deal of people, who main Warden, stating that they dont feel nerf at all, only because they arent used to spam Shoulder Bash, but instead use all of his tools :)

Looks like u only encountered Warden players, that were used to exploit Shoulder bash :( ...

I still lose to wardens,that are familiar with mechanics of game and their toolds and I am rep 10 Kensei.

I for one welcome this Patch.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-27-2017, 10:41 PM
Yeah it was way too much. Its because its his bread and butter move, the rest of the Wardens kit is fairly crappy and especially easy to read and avoid. Now that the Devs have talked about also nerfing parries too, that will literally turn this class into trash tier, as that it pretty much all there is left to do now. Just bring your fishing rod and chair, and try go fishing for parries, or maybe a top counter.

They should at least buff him in other areas if people were so upset with the bash.

EDIT: Guy above me... Where are these wardens stating that they havent even felt a nerf to the class?.. Kinda seems made up

Neqva
04-27-2017, 10:55 PM
seeing as how they ruined other classes (Like Conqs) I'd say the Wardens nerf isn't even remotely close to beeing "too much"

Juuzaam
04-27-2017, 10:57 PM
... Where are these wardens stating that they havent even felt a nerf to the class?.. Kinda seems made up
One of them is here :)

But honest opinion. We have to see the warden results in upcoming tournaments to know how much the nerfs did to Warden on "pro" level. (and if the full charged targetswitch nerf was intended)
On my potatoe level nothing changed at all for me. So i assume stronger players feel the nerfs, weaker players just feel the buff.

edit: ...cant say if the change was good or bad.

TheMalakith
04-27-2017, 11:08 PM
I barely notice the nerf, so no imo.

Dizzy4213
04-27-2017, 11:23 PM
I barely notice the nerf, so no imo.

Same. I still get vortex spammed to death, and even if i try to get out of it with a top light, they can still cancel and parry it. Also, even when I dodge the shoulder bash I still cannot punish the Warden for it.

Nerf has hardly done anything to him.

PecarCZ
04-27-2017, 11:34 PM
What nerf too much???? there is no nerf warden is still same as before patch vortex-light spam and still can cancel for gb same for PK but now cannot stay on place and spam but new meta light chain dodge back and then start again over and over until dead.

UbiNoty
04-27-2017, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback!
The changes we made to warden in 1.06 have only been out for a day for PC (less for some >.< sorry! it's fixed now) and maybe a few hours now for console players. We'll be keeping an eye on how he does over the next week and make plans from there.

That being said - play your warden a bit more, see how you feel after a few more hours of gameplay - and then come and give us your feedback on the forums! We'd love to hear your feedback about it!

PecarCZ
04-27-2017, 11:58 PM
Feedback PC patch 1.06 : Warden can still do same vortex spam light-light or canceling for gb in middle of dodge so 1.06 is no different vs 1.05 for warden . PK- cannot spam infinite light but now new meta spam light chain then dodge back w8 1s for recover and than start again so almost zero difference 1.06 vs 1.05 LB- most turtling class ingame +95% of all LB what i meet Duel/Brawl/4v4 not attacking and only w8 for parry or block-light or vortex-light spam combo gj on create super turtling defense op class.

Dizzy4213
04-28-2017, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback!
The changes we made to warden in 1.06 have only been out for a day for PC (less for some >.< sorry! it's fixed now) and maybe a few hours now for console players. We'll be keeping an eye on how he does over the next week and make plans from there.

That being said - play your warden a bit more, see how you feel after a few more hours of gameplay - and then come and give us your feedback on the forums! We'd love to hear your feedback about it!

It's pure cancer! The Warden nerf hardly did anything. Remove the cancel into GB from the shoulder bash, it's that simple. Nobushi has to commit to her kick, the Conqueror with his shield bash, Lawbringer with his shove, Valkyrie with her sweep etc. None of them can cancel it into a GB.

I know someone is going to make a dumb comment about Lawbringer and his so-called 50/50, but it's too late. Sypher already debunked the shove and why it is not OP, which you can watch here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOR1AsQ_gg). It's not a 50/50 because you don't have to guess like you do with the Warden, you can react to anything the Lawbringer does and punish him for it.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 04:25 AM
No it was not too much.

Shoulder bash is meant to compliment the gameplay of the Warden not have his entire kit rely on it.

Phallicmenace
04-28-2017, 06:02 AM
I'm a rep 11 warden and I welcome this change, It's one of the better changes so far and if anything he's still top tier.