PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den April 27th

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 05:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD55uCex4Sk

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-289427-16/this-week-in-for-honor-4272017

Ubisoft-wide outage, working on it. (UPDATE: Back all platforms). Console update being pushed after that,pc folk, they have identified the crash issue, they have a fix, testing it to make sure there are no further issues. Anyone who did not get rewards,contact support, they want to fix this, they need to know who to fix it for. Matchmaking issues on pc being kicked out of duel matchmaking, top priority after network is back up.

Noon eastern thursday (four UTC) new intended Den time.

Raider buff is coming, they tried to get it into patch 1.06, testing was not great. They are working on it, so a future patch.

Re-enabled join in progress so most matches start full.

Matchmaking, everyone has a tier based on their performance, people get matchmade based on that. Matchmaking timeout increased to six minutes from four to help people who are being timed out at the top and bottom.

Players getting 152 error, partial fix, still working on it.

New content, executions.

Faction war

Knights lost the tiebreak by 2% resource allocation. Vikings manually deployed the most resources. Two advantages to deploying manually, you get to choose a territory, also, there is a bonus of 20% if deployed manually on the same front on which you play (where the gamemode is). Vikings per match on average generated more assets through high scores. The knights deployed manually most often. Samurai is the most popular faction though it is close, all in the 30% range, but there is balancing based on faction numbers.

Offseason lasts three weeks, still releasing normal content. It is still a round so there is a reward at the end of it. Faction change in this period will not affect round one or season two for rewards. Devs suggest this is a good time to try new characters without worrying about performance and not getting resources for the faction war.

They have gathered ideas from the community on new orders and they have started working on those to release over time.

Season two starts May 16th. New maps, new items and a new rarity level for gear, so I am guessing you 108s have some more to go. First week new heroes are available to season pass holders, each hero will have an elite outfit also available when they are released to season pass holders. May 23rd new characters available to everyone. Cost will be 15,000 steel each. Season pass holders do not need to pay this.

Centurian looks badass, one handed sword and glove it looks like. Word on the street is he is a peacekeeper killer (at least he was killing one in the video ;) so probably their little joke). In your face pressure character, knockdown moves. Vanguard/Assassin hybrid. Male only genderlocked. Knight.

Shinobi, dual wield kama that they are able to throw from range. Quite a large moveset needing skill and dexterity. Assassin. No genderlock. Samurai.

Idea behind peacekeeper change, they want the attacks to be fast, what they don't want is light-light light-light light-light.

Still working on ranked and tournament mode, connectivity was number one priority

Turtle meta fixes, they are testing a lot of stuff. They are not yet ready to deploy, testing making out of stamina state more dangerous, another one is parry nerf, also working on dodge roll more punishable, the move will need to be well timed to use as an escaping tool. Looking at the chain pace and how much benefit there is in the chains. Increasing chip damage is also something they are looking at.

Position on 50/50's, they like this mechanic, they are trying to put more into the game, they do not think it is in a perfect state.

They are looking into flicker bug, no hard updates yet.

Griefing, they do look at reports, they do scale from warnings to three day bans etc.

New characters can be played in practice without paying, can also train against them, if you want to play them in multiplayer they must be unlocked.

60fps on console is not something that they can just snap their fingers and do, their options are limited.

Next week they will give more in depth info on season two, so gear, maps, new characters etc.

Netcode_err_404
04-27-2017, 05:27 PM
Defensive meta fix pliz !!!! :p

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Future patch ;)

Supercool5150
04-27-2017, 05:56 PM
Thx for the thread Candle. Good stuff.

DrExtrem
04-27-2017, 06:06 PM
15k for the new heroes.

"is that a joke?!?"

15k is one week of playing. That's effing cheap. Season pass my backside.

DuhSavagePickle
04-27-2017, 06:10 PM
15k for the new heroes.

"is that a joke?!?"

I agree, I myself don't have the season pass. But I agree that 15k is too cheap for us non-season pass holders.

People payed actual $$$$$ for the season pass. And we get a character do for 15k steel, should have atleast been 30k steel. That way it would ATLEAST give season pass holders some comfort.

But I'm not complaining, Just trying to give some justification for people who actually bought the pass.

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Thx for the thread Candle. Good stuff.

Welcome, any time I have chance to watch it live I make notes. I'll post the newsletter link in top post when I see that also.

15k for the new heroes.

"is that a joke?!?"

I looked up steel costs, I can buy steel for these two for less than I paid on season pass and still have enough to nearly get one of the heroes next release. But eh I also levelled quick with the champion status.

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 06:15 PM
Interesting that Knights deployed the most often in the Faction War, and won nothing. That's inspiring ... :rolleyes:

Supercool5150
04-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Interesting that Knights deployed the most often in the Faction War, and won nothing. That's inspiring ... :rolleyes:

I know right? So does that mean letting the assets be distributed automatically is better? That's where I'm confused.

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 06:21 PM

Yeah does kind of suck. One thing I would like to see is a way of communicating a faction wide message in the game to get a consensus on which front to push on, though I can see that taking quite a bit of work.

I know right? So does that mean letting the assets be distributed automatically is better? That's where I'm confused.

Not really, it depends where you play (if you deploy on the front the gamemode is in you get more)and making a choice as to where the current swing territories are.

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 06:22 PM

No it seems Vikings won because they deployed War Assets manually the most. They pretty much confirmed that manual deployment is better because a) you can pick the best territoriy to deploy in based on where assets are most needed rather than spreading your assets thinly, and b) you get a 20% front bonus if you deploy in an area you are fighting in.

Knights did the most fighting / played the most matches, basically, but won nothing because they didn't deploy wisely.

PeanutBlock
04-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Welcome, any time I have chance to watch it live I make notes. I'll post the newsletter link in top post when I see that also.

I looked up steel costs, I can buy steel for these two for less than I paid on season pass and still have enough to nearly get one of the heroes next release. But eh I also levelled quick with the champion status.

You get 6 new characters with the season's pass, so 90k worth in Steel. You also get 6 elite outfits = 60k worth of steel. Also sunbeam effect on ALL heroes. After 6 new ones are released, that it 18 heroes x 5k for an effect = 90k worth of steel.

So before factoring in Champion Status, Bonus Crates, 7 day early access and exclusive emblems, you get 240k Steel worth of new content. That is far more bang for your buck than just buying steel.

Some people need to learn math.

Halvtand
04-27-2017, 06:29 PM
Yet another excellent recap. I missed this one, and reading this saves me a lot of time. It's great getting everything lined up nicely like this, makes it really easy to go through.

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 06:30 PM
You get 6 new characters with the season's pass, so 90k worth in Steel. You also get 6 elite outfits = 60k worth of steel. Also sunbeam effect on ALL heroes. After 6 new ones are released, that it 18 heroes x 5k for an effect = 90k worth of steel.

So before factoring in Champion Status, Bonus Crates, 7 day early access and exclusive emblems, you get 240k Steel worth of new content. That is far more bang for your buck than just buying steel.

Some people need to learn math.

Eh i'm not complaining, I am not looking to price people out either, just saying you get two and a half heroes for the price I paid already, which was neither this is ok or this sucks, it was more in answer to the post I quoted.

No it seems Vikings won because they deployed War Assets manually the most. They pretty much confirmed that manual deployment is better because a) you can pick the best territoriy to deploy in based on where assets are most needed rather than spreading your assets thinly, and b) you get a 20% front bonus if you deploy in an area you are fighting in.

Knights did the most fighting / played the most matches, basically, but won nothing because they didn't deploy wisely.

This confuses me because I originally did write that vikings manually deployed more then the person talking about it said the knights did.

RenfieldX
04-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Faction war

Knights lost the tiebreak by 2% resource allocation. Two advantages todeploying manually., you get to choose a territory, also, there is a bonus of 20% if deployed manually on the same front on which you play (where the gamemode is). Vikings per match on average generated more assets through high scores. The knights deployed manually most often. Samurai most popular faction though it is close, all in the 30% range, but there is balancing based on faction numbers..

I found this very interesting. There's been a lot of people on the forums complaining that the Vikings had an advantage in Faction War because they had the most players. From what they said, the faction populations were fairly close in season 1, with Samurai having the most players.

PeanutBlock
04-27-2017, 06:32 PM
Eh i'm not complaining, I am not looking to price people out either, just saying you get two and a half heroes for the price I paid already, which was neither this is ok or this sucks, it was more in answer to the post I quoted.

This confuses me because I originally did write that vikings manually deployed more then the person talking about it said the knights did.

Sorry, I was a bit over sarcastic. There were a few posts mentioning 15k was too low, which I think is bogus. 15k is fine.

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Sorry, I was a bit over sarcastic. There were a few posts mentioning 15k was too low, which I think is bogus. 15k is fine.

Mmk, sorry if I came across defensive, since I didn't really state my opinion on it for you to get anything in what I was actually saying it was a fair point.

DeathWatcher0
04-27-2017, 06:37 PM
if they don't buff steel and salvage gains or remove the steel cost from upgrading and changing the look of gear by the time the new tier arrives, we're gonna have a problem steel wise, in the case that the new tier steel and salvage prices increase in the same fashion as the previous.

PeanutBlock
04-27-2017, 06:43 PM
if they don't buff steel and salvage gains or remove the steel cost from upgrading and changing the look of gear by the time the new tier arrives, we're gonna have a problem steel wise, in the case that the new tier steel and salvage prices increase in the same fashion as the previous.

This news is what worries me the most. I geared all 4 Knights to 108, which cost ~25k in steel EACH. If gear changes happen every season, it worries me, Re-gearing characters each season is not my idea of fun.

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 06:54 PM
This news is what worries me the most. I geared all 4 Knights to 108, which cost ~25k in steel EACH. If gear changes happen every season, it worries me, Re-gearing characters each season is not my idea of fun.

Better than what they did with the Division, that is still a sore point with me. I spent hours and hours in underground getting the gear build I wanted, had to buy one part of it with phoenix credits which are hard to come by. A week later they up the cap and didn't bring people up with it. You can't upgrade gear so I would have to have found nine gear pieces all over again and none of this was relevant in the game modes introduced with the dlc. Course you will have to find the gear you want with the stats you want in this as well but the set I had there was incredibly rare.

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 06:58 PM

I went back and checked a few things, the lines in bold are direct quotes exactly as spoken in the vid:

The Viking won for two main reasons, first one is that the Vikings actually deploy manually more often

Viking - 47% manual deploys
Samurai - 44% manual deploys
Knights - 45% manual deploys

(sketchy theory at best, why did the Knights never win any rounds if this is a deciding factor?)

In general the Vikings per match, they generate more war assets per player, so that means that their performance is the best in the match

The Knights actually deploy more often than all the factions, so that means that they are the faction that is the most dedicated to the Faction War.

(lot of good that did us!)

Samurai are the most popular faction in the world

Populations as follows:

32.3% - Viking
31.16% - Knight
38.81% - Samurai

Balancing confirmed when it comes to populations.

Supercool5150
04-27-2017, 07:04 PM
Don't know if you made that less confusing or not on how to deploy. lol...I'm just going to keep deploying manually for my own peace of mind.

PeanutBlock
04-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Better than what they did with the Division, that is still a sore point with me. I spent hours and hours in underground getting the gear build I wanted, had to buy one part of it with phoenix credits which are hard to come by. A week later they up the cap and didn't bring people up with it. You can't upgrade gear so I would have to have found nine gear pieces all over again and none of this was relevant in the game modes introduced with the dlc. Course you will have to find the gear you want with the stats you want in this as well but the set I had there was incredibly rare.

That sounds terrible. I have found that gear is less important most of the time, so the idea of the goal post moving every 3 months really discourages spending steel on gear.

xLeapingLizardx
04-27-2017, 08:23 PM
I went back and checked a few things, the lines in bold are direct quotes exactly as spoken in the vid:

The Viking won for two main reasons, first one is that the Vikings actually deploy manually more often

(sketchy theory at best, why did the Knights never win any rounds if this is a deciding factor?)

In general the Vikings per match, they generate more war assets per player, so that means that their performance is the best in the match

The Knights actually deploy more often than all the factions, so that means that they are the faction that is the most dedicated to the Faction War.

Populations as follows:

32.3% - Viking
31.16% - Knight
38.81% - Samurai

My theory is that Samurai may have gotten an edge from AFK farming... When you do that I believe once the match starts it still evenly deploys the assets...
Now I could be straight up wrong, it's just my own little conspiracy theory lol..

The_B0G_
04-27-2017, 10:25 PM
So no changes to factoin war? Guess I'm hopping over to Viking or Samurai.

Darkeater.Midir
04-27-2017, 11:02 PM
What about the Vikings who've been viking since S1 and didn't get their rewards?

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 11:08 PM
What about the Vikings who've been viking since S1 and didn't get their rewards?

As I said in the first post, they said everyone needs to put in a ticket, they want to fix it, they need to know who to fix it for.

Darkeater.Midir
04-27-2017, 11:15 PM
As I said in the first post, they said everyone needs to put in a ticket, they want to fix it, they need to know who to fix it for.

Oh, okay. Sorry about that CandleInTheDark. Thanks for informing me. I've already sent in a Ticket but didn't know how they would handle it.

Tundra 793
04-27-2017, 11:21 PM

Populations as follows:

32.3% - Viking
31.16% - Knight
38.81% - Samurai

This is a tad odd, those numbers directly contradict the ones they give us here: http://blog.ubi.com/honor-season-one-faction-war-ends-viking-victory/
Specifically, the blog lists these numbers;

Population:

30% - Viking
31% - Knight
39% - Samurai

Your manual asset deployments match the blog though. But the blog claims that the Vikings actually did deploy the most assets, "The Vikings deployed the most War Assets, but only by a slim margin; 33.87% of all deployed War Assets came from Vikings, while the Samurai unleashed 33.14% and the Knights used 32.99%."

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 11:23 PM
Oh, okay. Sorry about that CandleInTheDark. Thanks for informing me. I've already sent in a Ticket but didn't know how they would handle it.

Is ok :) better asking than ranting at them because you don't know lol

UbiNoty
04-27-2017, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the overview candle!
https://media.giphy.com/media/100QWMdxQJzQC4/giphy.gif

And if you're missing rewards - do as candle said, open a ticket with support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315). We'll take care of you and make sure you get your rewards.

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 11:29 PM
Your manual asset deployments match the blog though. But the blog claims that the Vikings actually did deploy the most assets, "The Vikings deployed the most War Assets, but only by a slim margin; 33.87% of all deployed War Assets came from Vikings, while the Samurai unleashed 33.14% and the Knights used 32.99%."

My figures are manual deploys, which the Vikings did most, and number of deployments, which the Knights did most. Even if the Knights deployed the most number of times (played the most matches, basically) that doesn't necessarily mean they deployed the most assets.

100 duel matches doesn't earn you as much as 50 Dominions, for example, but you would have deployed twice as many times.

As it's also stated that the Vikings earned the most per match, it does follow that they could deploy the highest number of war assets, without deploying the highest number of times.

I think that makes sense ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the overview candle!
https://media.giphy.com/media/100QWMdxQJzQC4/giphy.gif

And if you're missing rewards - do as candle said, open a ticket with support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315). We'll take care of you and make sure you get your rewards.

I take payment in non sequential used bills >.> I mean you're welcome ;) Dog video is cute

My figures are manual deploys, which the Vikings did most, and number of deployments, which the Knights did most. Even if the Knights deployed the most number of times (played the most matches, basically) that doesn't necessarily mean they deployed the most assets.

100 duel matches doesn't earn you as much as 50 Dominions, for example, but you would have deployed twice as many times.

As it's also stated that the Vikings earned the most per match, it does follow that they could deploy the highest number of war assets, without deploying the highest number of times. I think that makes sense ;)

Ah I get it, vikings manually deployed the most assets, knights manually deployed the most after games.

PecarCZ
04-27-2017, 11:37 PM
Ticket send to support and answer:I dont have requirement for season or scavenger reward.Best support ever ;););););)

Tundra 793
04-27-2017, 11:42 PM

As it's also stated that the Vikings earned the most per match, it does follow that they could deploy the highest number of war assets, without deploying the highest number of times.

I think that makes sense ;)

You know what, It's late, I'm drunk. Whatever you say man, I'll believe it.

God I suck at numbers.

CandleInTheDark
04-28-2017, 03:45 AM
I've added the link to the weekly newsletter to the top post underneath the video, pretty much what has been discussed here, some neat art and short character descriptions. It sounds like until the patch dealing with it, the Centurion is the answer to the defensive meta and the shinobi, as well as being long range, is going to be a very agile character. It also has vague opening details on the maps and gear.

Shinobi (Samurai Assassin) – The Shinobi are silent warriors able to move with a dancer’s grace and kill with precision thanks to a lifetime of disciplined training. They wield the traditional Japanese Kusarigama.
Centurion (Knight Hybrid) – The Centurion sees the battlefield like a chessboard. Equipped with the reliable standard issue gladius, Centurions can bypass enemy defenses through strategic close-quarters combat.

The two new maps, Forge and Temple Garden, will expand upon the selection of multiplayer battlefields. Additionally, Season Two will introduce a new level of gear rarity – Epic gear – which will increase the maximum gear score along with a balancing overhaul for the entire gear stats system.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-28-2017, 04:09 AM
THAT CENTURIAN DOE

https://www.exboyfriendrecovery.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/give-it-to-me.gif

CandleInTheDark
04-28-2017, 04:13 AM
THAT CENTURIAN DOE

https://www.exboyfriendrecovery.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/give-it-to-me.gif

Heheh, I will try the centurion in practice mode but my first month or so, other than trying to get my peacekeeper epic gear (I only just 108'd her ubi, this is like Division again >.>) will be with the shinobi, I've been stoked for that since seeing it is another dual wielder.

Felis_Menari
04-28-2017, 06:44 AM
I do find it amusing that the devs brought up basically all of the reasonable suggestions from posters for fixing the defensive meta. So, there's not much to do in that regard but wait and see when they start rolling out the related changes.