PDA

View Full Version : So what do the Knights do now....

MilkyBob.
04-27-2017, 04:02 PM
So now everyone is switching to the vikings... Can we atleast have heroes restricted based on faction? That would give us Knights a fighting chance.

You know how in the Orochi hero profile the narrator says the samurai are "outnumbered"?
***** what you on about?

Titanodragon
04-27-2017, 04:05 PM
If that where the case. The knights would win haha. But sadly we just have to wait to see what the devs decide to do.

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 04:07 PM
They have a little cry and then get over it, I guess.

Have to say my interest in the Faction War has dwindled to somewhere near zero after a season of total annihilation in which my contribution made no difference at all. Oh well, good thing we have God on our side at least ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Ick, no, while my main is a knight, and I have another knight I like, there are at least two vikings and what I am assuming is an upcoming samurai I want to work on, so what you're telling me is if I try to get two or three other characters to 108, most of that time will be worthless in terms of the faction stuff.

People being matchmade based on their faction I can get behind especially if winners get more resources (assuming we don't all become one faction or most of us) but I would bet, by the number of crests I have seen with different faction characters, I am not the only one in that position.

TheLastPandaa
04-27-2017, 04:19 PM
There is only one thing we can do:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/177/332/6d8.jpg

Oh god... this memes are great.
#Deus vult

CandleInTheDark
04-27-2017, 04:22 PM
There is only one thing we can do:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/177/332/6d8.jpg

Oh god... this memes are great.
#Deus vult

Makes me want to break out medieval 2 on pc, still the best total war game out there >.> Though English games sometimes require a naval fleet to do anything unless the catholic neighbours attack first and even then the pope steps in when I counter attack.

kweassa1917
04-27-2017, 04:35 PM
...are they? :D I never really understood why people flock to the winning team. Where's the fun in that? :D

I've always been more of an "underdog" guy, so I was planning to switch to Knights from the Samurais... but I don't really know how or when to.

Are they planning to give us another faction select screen, or do we have to give up our current faction and move over and face penalties??

Any info would be welcome in helping me become the Samurai traitor.... :D :D

MilkyBob.
04-27-2017, 04:36 PM
...are they? :D I never really understood why people flock to the winning team. Where's the fun in that? :D

I've always been more of an "underdog" guy, so I was planning to switch to Knights from the Samurais... but I don't really know how or when to.

Are they planning to give us another faction select screen, or do we have to give up our current faction and move over and face penalties??

In the Offseason there are no penalties

TheLastPandaa
04-27-2017, 04:56 PM
As a great knight once sayed:
https://img.memesuper.com/8e2c741a7c387135864b53185d974fbd_-not-defeated-black-knight-knight-meme_500-450.jpeg
Same works for the Knight´s faction.

Come on kweassa, you know you want to join the brotherhood.
And we got free Icecream for all members

Wateverdude
04-27-2017, 05:37 PM
Really who cares about the faction war, all I care about the reward. They give me 5 chest for thousands hours playtime, and it is dirt cheap.

Knight_Gregor
04-27-2017, 05:54 PM
Consider conscription?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5Bi-6jqe4

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-27-2017, 06:20 PM
It may actually benefit the knights that stay.

To my understanding, the less people in one faction, the more assets each individual gets.

This means that if you manually deploy them, your contribution will make a large difference and you will have massive control over your faction's outcome.

Wateverdude
04-27-2017, 06:28 PM
It may actually benefit the knights that stay.

To my understanding, the less people in one faction, the more assets each individual gets.

This means that if you manually deploy them, your contribution will make a large difference and you will have massive control over your faction's outcome.

We deploy asset manually, we still lose

Knights lost the tiebreak by 2% resource allocation. Two advantages todeploying manually., you get to choose a territory, also, there is a bonus of 20% if deployed manually on the same front on which you play (where the gamemode is). Vikings per match on average generated more assets through high scores. The knights deployed manually most often. Samurai most popular faction though it is close, all in the 30% range, but there is balancing based on faction numbers.

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1646442-Warrior-s-Den-April-27th

AgentCelt
04-27-2017, 06:32 PM
I played as Vikings last season, switched to Knights for season 2. I think with everyone switching faction just to be on the winning side, Knights will have the most loyal and active player base.

Knight_Gregor
04-27-2017, 06:33 PM
I played as Vikings last season, switched to Knights for season 2. I think with everyone switching faction just to be on the winning side, Knights will have the most loyal and active player base.

Clan Gregor welcomes you, Jarl!

AgentCelt
04-27-2017, 06:36 PM
Clan Gregor welcomes you, Jarl!

When do we start the crusade? Deus Vult!

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-27-2017, 07:15 PM
We deploy asset manually, we still lose

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1646442-Warrior-s-Den-April-27th

But remember, the less people we have, the more assets each person gets.

Now that people are leaving, each person will have a larger impact on the game.

This means that if the knights have a small number of skilled players, they will most likely win.

Dry.Fish
04-27-2017, 07:22 PM
I have hero's rep 6 and up in all factions and I will always be a knight.

Zhantay
04-27-2017, 07:52 PM
You are better of staying, the smaller the faction the more impact they have individually which can pretty much win a season if they have dedicated members. The Vikings should be fearing having more members, it will be even harder to take land.

bmason1000
04-27-2017, 08:17 PM
My issue is a bunch of disloyal sore losers hoppin in to my faction. Fake Vikings go home!

Ulrichvonbek111
04-27-2017, 08:50 PM
My issue is a bunch of disloyal sore losers hoppin in to my faction. Fake Vikings go home!

Skin them alive....
Make new sails for your Longships from them. 😷

Ulrichvonbek111
04-27-2017, 08:56 PM

Yes many are in hiding,,growing their beards and hair long ready to proclaim themselves as Vikings.
My Nordic warrior skin them alive and use their stripped skins to make new sails for your Longships...

RealJayDee1984
04-27-2017, 09:36 PM
Have to say my interest in the Faction War has dwindled to somewhere near zero after a season of total annihilation in which my contribution made no difference at all.
That pretty much sums up my feelings on this. I considered switching to Vikings, as I already almost did at the start of Round 1, but I guess chances are high I'll just stick with the Knights due to lack of giving a **** anymore.

Ryldaun
04-27-2017, 09:40 PM
There are really people who switch to the winning faction just because they won..? In that case they deserve to lose wherever they play.

UbiNoty
04-28-2017, 12:43 AM
Like some above me have said, we have a balancing algorithm that balances how many assets you receive at the end of a match based on the popularity of your faction. To oversimplify, players with popular factions receive less, and players on less popular factions receive more for similar in-game performance. A few useful tips we gave in today's livestream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138442327) - good performance gives more, and manually deploying assets on the front you played in gives you a bonus.

that being said - us samurai are the most popular :D
https://media.giphy.com/media/NjyRlliJPoiNa/giphy.gif

The_B0G_
04-28-2017, 02:31 AM
So with this type of algorithm the more players a faction the less affect bad players have on that faction due to assets being lower, so a faction with the least amount of players would be hurt more by bad players than the faction with many more... does that make any sense?

In other words the Samurai faction will have a more steady and consistent asset acquire rate from turn to turn rather than the other factions due to their large player base and will be hurt less by less skilled players. Bad players would hurt a smaller faction more wouldn't they?

Obviously the Vikings worst players are at least average at the game for the most part, what can be done to increase chances of winning for Knights? Apparently we have a lot of poor players according to the stats, do we all just keep plugging away? To not win even one round is hard to take when assets are 1% difference between all factions.

I was thinking about hopping the fence but I decided I'm not going to unless all my buddies are going to do it, I think end round times should switch between all faction peak times, not just Samurai and Vikings at the very least.

bmason1000
04-28-2017, 03:26 AM
Skin them alive....
Make new sails for your Longships from them. 😷
I like it.