PDA

View Full Version : Fix conqeror!!

nagya12356
04-27-2017, 03:55 PM
It is so hard to play against him! Cant go for heavy attacks cause he will never go for parry because he only needs to block to get a free parry. You cant go into chains cause he interrupts them. WTF??? If I cant use heavy feints against them cause he wont fall for them, because I cant do any heavies I cant go to chains(cause almost every chain has heavies in them), even if I doge the shield bash(in time) I still cant gb him. And people say if you are an assassin then doge attack: 1. it takes a light damage which is not enough punishment(for orochi and berserker or kensei). So what can I do against him?

TheLastPandaa
04-27-2017, 04:22 PM
https://img.memesuper.com/4be6564569b311a414a46b802e809354_in-be4-changes-were-intended-oh-no-not-again-meme_294-294.jpeg

JohnWick87
04-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Wtf. Dude ^^ Conq isnt verys strong right now ;) Look for Guides Tipps etc and you will finish many of them

nagya12356
04-27-2017, 07:09 PM
I mean i am sorry posting it like this but it is just so bornig to fight against them. Free gb for blocking heavy so you cant go for heavy attacks just lights, but if hee sees that then he is going to doge shield bash or parry you. And you cant go for chains cause he interrupts them so it is just the most boring fight ever. And it makes even worse that every conq is just turtleing. And I am not using exploits so I wont do GB. feints

WFL_M4sT3R_
04-27-2017, 07:23 PM
https://img.memesuper.com/4be6564569b311a414a46b802e809354_in-be4-changes-were-intended-oh-no-not-again-meme_294-294.jpeg

+1 :)))))))))))))))

vgrimr_J
04-27-2017, 07:43 PM
conq is still braindead

Maxime_Qc-
04-27-2017, 08:45 PM
FIX THE CONQ !!

http://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

TheLastPandaa
04-27-2017, 11:00 PM
FIX THE CONQ !!

http://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/205/835/LMO3HD6ZKIUXMM43M5QDSDA6EYOIYXPG.jpeg?1322069277
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder190/59559190.jpg

Reign
04-27-2017, 11:03 PM
Great...Now Conqueror will get nerfed again because Ubisoft bases game balance on whine posts.

TheLastPandaa
04-27-2017, 11:12 PM
Jokes apart:

If you guys keep openening post like this, Ubi will finally change his wep to something like this:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vxDNjV2R-Jo/hqdefault.jpg

Is not like there will be a huge diference because he does so little dmg allready, but hell guys, WHAT DO YOU WANT??!! He is one of the weakest hero of the game allready. If you have truble facing a Conqueror now (no, i will not say "git gud" never the less i could) why dont you spend a few hours on the training room playing vs him? We all have our nemesis and most of ppl who actually want to become better at the game have spent a looooooooot of time training for pvp.

Reign
04-27-2017, 11:28 PM
They want to win no matter the opponent, mechanic, or mode. And will keep crying about it and Ubisoft will keep complying until this game is stomped into obscurity. Which it is already well on its way. And it's depressing AF because the game was fun until they let the community take over. I didn't even have this game on my radar until open beta and when I played it went in for the gold edition, with the way it is now I would be hard pressed to F2P. And before everyone cries GG I did with OP Revenge, PK spam, zone attacks, and all on console no less and had a blast. Truly a shame this could've been something special.

nagya12356
04-28-2017, 11:16 AM
I am not saying that he is just kills you every time cause he is so OP. I say that you cant do anything against him if doesnt do anything. You cant do chains to go to your mix ups with kensei cause he stops every chain and If you try to do a heavy he gets a free gb. For Honor wants do get rid of turtle meta but then here is this character who is literally build for turtleing. If you are not a Warden or Warlord you cant open him up.

nagya12356
04-28-2017, 11:19 AM
Jokes apart:

If you guys keep openening post like this, Ubi will finally change his wep to something like this:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vxDNjV2R-Jo/hqdefault.jpg

Is not like there will be a huge diference because he does so little dmg allready, but hell guys, WHAT DO YOU WANT??!! He is one of the weakest hero of the game allready. If you have truble facing a Conqueror now (no, i will not say "git gud" never the less i could) why dont you spend a few hours on the training room playing vs him? We all have our nemesis and most of ppl who actually want to become better at the game have spent a looooooooot of time training for pvp.

Then tell me what to do against a conq who deosnt do anything just waits for you to attack so he can dash shield bash you or parry your heavies. Cause he first does some shield bash against me he sees that I can doge them so he wont do anyithing after that. Just waiting for parries. And again I cant do my mixups cause he stops every chain.

VKA32
04-28-2017, 11:34 AM
IMO, I see 2 problems here :

Lack of offensive options for conqueror -> I have a rep 2 conqueror and I find his kit being poor in the offensive department. The SB and is relatively easy to anticipate (not that I say you can always dodge it) as it's almos the only aggressive move he has. Then, he has a relatively good defence, but again it will only get you so far.

Then we have the lack of incentive to attack and the defense-meta / parrys problem. Other threads are explaining this very well but to sum it up, the current state of the game is :
Wait > parry > do damage > wait ... there is no real incentive on doing anything else, at least in duels and few classes really have good offensive options IMO (PK, i'm looking at you).

Overall, I'd like more diversity in the tools each class has at it's disposal, either by adding new global mechanics to the system or adding new moves to some characters who lack some of them...

My 2 cents.

TheLastPandaa
04-28-2017, 03:07 PM
Then tell me what to do against a conq who deosnt do anything just waits for you to attack so he can dash shield bash you or parry your heavies. Cause he first does some shield bash against me he sees that I can doge them so he wont do anyithing after that. Just waiting for parries. And again I cant do my mixups cause he stops every chain.

Do you realise that you can say the same thing of every character?

What happen if an orochi doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if a Raider doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if an Warden doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if a valk doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if an zerk doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if a Nobu doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if an shugo doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if a Kens doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
Etc Etc

MasterChiefPON
04-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Well, I think the problem isn't the Conqueror itself but the defensive meta, I agree with the thing someone said about how about if any character just turtles, it's the defensive meta of course but I also think (and in relation with that the OP said) that because Conqueror can stop any chain he doesn't have to put himself at risk going for a parry because block will prevent any unblockable that comes with that chain, if he just blocks, feinting becomes less viable and the only thing left is force him to react if your character has an unblockable move from idle or just turtle as well and wait for him to try to shield bash you or do something. At the end I think that Conqueror itself is not OP but I think his particular ability combined with the defensive meta is a problem unless you are willing to turtle too or have something to force him to make a move. So I understand why the OP is frustrated too.

Yoshimitsu_440
04-28-2017, 05:44 PM
In my opinion I think its stupid that conq gets a fee GB just from blocking heavy. And yet they nerfed orochi when he was getting deflect from blocking

TheLastPandaa
04-29-2017, 02:30 AM
In my opinion I think its stupid that conq gets a fee GB just from blocking heavy. And yet they nerfed orochi when he was getting deflect from blocking

There is a simple answer for that and is that he can not open a fight and doesnt get anything worth for a parry. Only a light atack in the best cases that does the lowest dmg of the game.

So, if as a conqueror you have literally NO openers (the sb is trash now and can not be used to open a fight), you deal the lowest dmg of the game, your atacks are one of the slowest of the game, anything you do takes huge amount of stamina, you can not feint... (do i continue?) How can anybody say he is a strong character? Ok, due to the defensive meta he can be quite dangerous in a skilled hands, but a skilled zerker, warden, valkire or even LB now can be not dangerous, but absolutely lethal. So please, stop complaining about the conqueror being OP. This is geting ridiculous allready.

nagya12356
04-30-2017, 06:41 PM
There is a simple answer for that and is that he can not open a fight and doesnt get anything worth for a parry. Only a light atack in the best cases that does the lowest dmg of the game.

So, if as a conqueror you have literally NO openers (the sb is trash now and can not be used to open a fight), you deal the lowest dmg of the game, your atacks are one of the slowest of the game, anything you do takes huge amount of stamina, you can not feint... (do i continue?) How can anybody say he is a strong character? Ok, due to the defensive meta he can be quite dangerous in a skilled hands, but a skilled zerker, warden, valkire or even LB now can be not dangerous, but absolutely lethal. So please, stop complaining about the conqueror being OP. This is geting ridiculous allready.

Lol gets nothing for a parry? Now i know that you dont know what you are talking about. Hee gets a free gb and a free heavy attack like every character. SB is useles? You can just do a simple dash and grab them while they try to doge away. Have nothing to open upp people shield bash xD

Herbstlicht
04-30-2017, 06:56 PM
Do you realise that you can say the same thing of every character?

What happen if an orochi doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if a Raider doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if an Warden doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if a valk doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if an zerk doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if a Nobu doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if an shugo doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
What happen if a Kens doesnt atack and only waits for you to move first and make a mistake?
Etc Etc

You are funny. As Valk / PK / Orochi / Warden you go for fast attacks / vortex - simply stuff he can't react too reliably.

Turtling Raiders / Nobushis though .. oh my. They can't even change their guard fast enough to block everything or react to feints in time.

Then i take this one step further and say on consoles it is even worse ˆˆ And yes, it is important to care about console players, because we are like 80-90% of the active playerbase.

And while i agree on his offensive kit besides his bash being subpar, played defensively he is hell. Cancer, like people seem to enjoy naming unpopular stuff.
So I can really relate to some frustrated post's about him. If some of you defending guys main him, try to think up better solutions then one sided pro pc-player vids. Most people can't play this way, are on console or play against someone who is not your neighbourhood friend granting ultra-friendly low latency.

The real game tends to be a lot different then some pros make it seem in their "balance defende or offence"-clips. Watch some live streamers getting owned by lag, failing parries in succession etc. - not only do you see some stuff being as bad as people make it out to be, you too can at least see trends. Like defensive conq being cancer. PK remaining so .. etc. ˆˆ

HiTeHa
04-30-2017, 08:29 PM
Ubisoft not have experienced (and maybe clever enought) ppls which can manage nerf and do a game balance. Look what they do with 1.06.... and because it is Ubisoft, it will be worse!

Eyaside
04-30-2017, 09:07 PM
Conq, even with the nerf is still top 4 easy and still a bit broken. The nerf is almost not noticeable and if anything it's like he only got a buff ( because of heavy finish). At lower ends of the skill food chain, he was a joke. At higher tier, he can become an almost unstoppable monster. You can be trash tier and watch gameplay of conq who won a tourney and easily mock the moves and playstyle of him and proceed to rarely die. The only risky move they will do is their charged heavy and they can glitch and flicker it to the point where you're lucky to block it, even if you're one of the best in the game. He needs a serious rework to where he's not a one dimensional one trick pony. Thankfully, not too many people are willing to play him up top out of being cheap (kinda like pk) so I don't deal with it often. But when I do, holy hell. I get almost all of my damage on trying to punish dodges.

sgt.smegma
04-30-2017, 09:35 PM
Hello everybody!

First of all I want to admit, that I startet with the conquerer. He is the coolest toon in the rooster (judged by the appearance). But after having some trouble with him in my first hours of FH I switched to the warden (secound best toon imho). Inb4 somebody pointing on me with his stinky finger, I switched w/o knowing that he can vortex and that he is considered OP somehow.
...after I reached P14 with the warden (w/o vortexing my way up) and get used to the game alot more than in my early hours the warden became somehow boring to me. Then 1.05 arrived and I´ve heard that the conq now is pretty much the most UP char in the game. Since I like challenges I finally returned to the "diamond in the rough", and I have a sh+tload of fun with him.
Let me ask a question. Has anybody ever won a duel without dealing some damage?
Believe me or not, I don´t rely on the turtle style with the conq because I have never won a match without swinging some iron against some flesh and bone :D. To be honest I am pretty offenive since I evolved my own playstyle with the conq. I think he has to be played way different than the other toons. Positioning is key and precise knowledge about distances. For example it is pretty effective to chain 2 heavies but the first one intentionally is to short. Many (not most) players fall for that move and try to attack inbetween or don´t switch their guard fast enough so the scound hit connects. If my opponent is smart enough and blocks or parries this "dance" I can always shield bash after the first swing or go to full block - means conq is not that predictable like many think he is. Full block is my best friend when I try to "fool" my enemy.
I have handed some pretty heavy turteling orochis their own a55 recently :D (only underlining, that I am really no defensive turtle)

TBO: I am an total average player (K/D < 1) but I have lots of fun with the conq atm and yes, I managed to get some "wows" and "ggs" from some decent players (and some really salty ragequits :D) ...and I know how hard it can be to fight against a decent conq.
What I also assume is, that ther are some players out there where you can do nothing against with the conq (but isn´t that the case for every toon?) but likewise I think the conq could be king in the current state of the game with the turtle-meta....but again, how can one win a match only by avoiding damage???

cheerio,
Sgt.smegma

PS: Hallo Jürgen <3