PDA

View Full Version : And So, Season 1 is Over

SilentTakeo
04-26-2017, 12:06 PM
As most of you know, Season 1 of the Faction War is over, with the Vikings crawling away with the deserved victory.

As such, the Vikes received 5 Scav crates, a Golden Emblem, unique ornaments for their heroes, and a lazy handshake from the programmers responsible for managing the Round ending-times (talking about timezones).

Sams came in second with 4 Scav crates, a Silver Emblem, and a sour taste in their mouths. But, hey, they came in Second, that means something, right? I mean, at least the next season will start fre- no. 18 territories to the other factions' 21 territories each. Fun.

And, the Knights strolled into third with 3 Scav crates and a Bronze Emblem. And, frankly, the Vikes sort of stole that final Round from em (oh well, do tell). Deus Volt next time, crusaders.

-

In conclusion, why did we waste literally 2 months for some meaningless accessories?

Also, where's that DLC? Comes in a week, right? No? Ubi hasn't said? Go figure.

-

Anyway, congratulations to the Vikes for Season 1, and here's hoping for a less irritatingly buggy Season 2.

P.S.- Where are my trophies, Ubi?

Draghmar
04-26-2017, 12:11 PM
In conclusion, why did we waste literally 2 months for some meaningless accessories?
The problem here is quite different. If you think you've wasted last two months playing For Honor because your only goal was winning FW to get rewards then...you shouldn't be playing this game from the beginning ;) I know that Ubi tried to promote FW almost like it was another game mode or something but in fact it's only bonus, something to tie all the fights.

The-Foxhounded
04-26-2017, 12:17 PM
Ahhahahhahahhah I like how you assume everyone got their rewards. You're a funny guy!

SlashingElbow
04-26-2017, 12:45 PM
I knew we were gonna win. Those ornaments and 8 crates are pretty sweeeet. For ODIN

Khlama51
04-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Ummm how did the Vikings steal that round? They deployed vastly more assets then Knights and Samurai. They worked there tails off and had to stave off two fronts, so no the knights the didn't deserve it or got robbed.

Charanis
04-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Ummm how did the Vikings steal that round? They deployed vastly more assets then Knights and Samurai. They worked there tails off and had to stave off two fronts, so no the knights the didn't deserve it or got robbed.

Actually the either win or lose is mainy due to disproportion between numbers of active players in each faction. Which will only grow because people will now massively switch to VIKINGS because there's no real penalty for switching factions in the off-season maybe just 1 loss of the round. Some time ago I even suggested that least populated faction should offer free 2 weeks champion status and some steel/heroes recruitment for new players joining or existing players switching, but of course noone from Ubisoft responded to that so there we go. Practically uncontested win for vikings which will become even more severe in Season 2 due to how factions work. More players = more assets. Wins = more players swithcing and joining vikings. More players = more wins. More wins = More wins. Enjoy your broken faction war ubisoft.

If interested here is the thread with suggestion on how to fix the faction war imbalances http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1629892-How-to-restore-Faction-War-balance-and-competetiveness?p=12542485#post12542485

jshears18
04-26-2017, 01:49 PM
The problem here is quite different. If you think you've wasted last two months playing For Honor because your only goal was winning FW to get rewards then...you shouldn't be playing this game from the beginning ;) I know that Ubi tried to promote FW almost like it was another game mode or something but in fact it's only bonus, something to tie all the fights.

I gotta agree with @SilentTakeo... but it's not wasting 2 months playing the game, I love the game – it was wasting 2 months deploying assets trying to get something special for winning the FW. I don't see a use for deploying assets anymore, the rewards are nothing special.

Hillbill79
04-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Anyone who switched factions after the first round wont get any season rewards.

Ahhahahhahahhah I like how you assume everyone got their rewards. You're a funny guy!

Ichnich89
04-26-2017, 01:58 PM
Actually the either win or lose is mainy due to disproportion between numbers of active players in each faction. Which will only grow because people will now massively switch to VIKINGS because there's no real penalty for switching factions in the off-season maybe just 1 loss of the round. Some time ago I even suggested that least populated faction should offer free 2 weeks champion status and some steel/heroes recruitment for new players joining or existing players switching, but of course noone from Ubisoft responded to that so there we go. Practically uncontested win for vikings which will become even more severe in Season 2 due to how factions work. More players = more assets. Wins = more players swithcing and joining vikings. More players = more wins. More wins = More wins. Enjoy your broken faction war ubisoft.

If interested here is the thread with suggestion on how to fix the faction war imbalances http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1629892-How-to-restore-Faction-War-balance-and-competetiveness?p=12542485#post12542485

You know that the faction with the highest player base, doesn't get the same amount of war assets per played game? And then again. Vikings weren't favored faction from the beginning. It has always been sams with the highest amount of player (remember round two with the release in Japan.), then knights in second, and Vikings with the least amount of players....

jshears18
04-26-2017, 02:02 PM

I gotta agree with @SilentTakeo... but it's not wasting 2 months playing the game, I love the game it was wasting 2 months deploying assets trying to get something special for winning the FW. I don't see a use for deploying assets anymore, the rewards are nothing special.

Prophit618
04-26-2017, 02:08 PM
You know that the faction with the highest player base, doesn't get the same amount of war assets per played game? And then again. Vikings weren't favored faction from the beginning. It has always been sams with the highest amount of player (remember round two with the release in Japan.), then knights in second, and Vikings with the least amount of players....

You got numbers on that? Because it seems to me that Vikings are by far the most populous faction. They had the most war assets deployed in every round (even the ones they lost, they had the top percentage by a full percent). Sams definitely seemed to get a boost in size around round 2, but Vikings still deployed more assets. I admit this is all anecdotal on my part, I certainly don't have numbers, but when you consider on top of that the fact that I never get into a match that isn't half vikings, even during Samurai "prime time", it sure doesn't seem like Vikings are lowest pop.

DrinkinMyStella
04-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Factions wars is so lame, it has potential to actually be something great but lacks enthusiasm. Those rewards though? defiantly was not worth it.

Gray360UK
04-26-2017, 02:33 PM
You got numbers on that? Because it seems to me that Vikings are by far the most populous faction. They had the most war assets deployed in every round (even the ones they lost, they had the top percentage by a full percent). Sams definitely seemed to get a boost in size around round 2, but Vikings still deployed more assets. I admit this is all anecdotal on my part, I certainly don't have numbers, but when you consider on top of that the fact that I never get into a match that isn't half vikings, even during Samurai "prime time", it sure doesn't seem like Vikings are lowest pop.

I can't believe that all of the Factions somehow miraculously deploy roughly 33% War Assets each as if the 3 populations are perfectly balanced, so something makes sure that even if there are only 2 Knights vs 200 Vikings vs 5000 Samurai we all end up with roughly the same War Assets deployed. This would have to be the case, or else population would decide the winner every single turn / round / season. The only way I can think of to to do this is to weight the amount of Assets gained based on Faction population.

As a bit of counter-anecdotal evidence, I frequently get into almost all Knight games, but maybe I only notice this due to observer bias, as I am a Knight myself. Last night alone I was in 2 different Dominions and each one had 7 Knight faction players (a different 7 each time, except for me of course).

DrExtrem
04-26-2017, 02:37 PM
You can stop the discussion.

The next faction war will be a two faction decision, with the knights only acting as the territory pool for the Vikings and samurai.

If you will ever see a knight in the future, it will either be a clueless, new player or a hardcore knight fan.

Faction war is dead now, because one faction wilk be gone with the next season.

And yes. knights got robbed during the last season. But not by the other factions but by the bonus system and the time zones.

Infidel.Castro
04-26-2017, 02:40 PM
So I was training for the Olympics for 4 years and I didn't win. What a total waste of my time. So unfair that other countries have more athletes competing for them.....

Prophit618
04-26-2017, 02:47 PM
I can't believe that all of the Factions somehow miraculously deploy roughly 33% War Assets each as if the 3 populations are perfectly balanced, so something makes sure that even if there are only 2 Knights vs 200 Vikings vs 5000 Samurai we all end up with roughly the same War Assets deployed. This would have to be the case, or else population would decide the winner every single turn / round / season. The only way I can think of to to do this is to weight the amount of Assets gained based on Faction population.

As a bit of counter-anecdotal evidence, I frequently get into almost all Knight games, but maybe I only notice this due to observer bias, as I am a Knight myself. Last night alone I was in 2 different Dominions and each one had 7 Knight faction players (a different 7 each time, except for me of course).

Hmm....all the more reason why I'd like to be able to see population numbers. Hook me up Ubi!

I think you're probably right about the faction war balancing act obscuring the numbers in each faction.

And otherwise, I'll be joining you in Knights for the next season. I was in Samurai this season because my buddies were, but we decided already that given the silly nature of Faction War, might as well make the switch to Knights (where I originally was anyway) and get the cool heater-shaped emblem.

Captain-Courage
04-26-2017, 03:03 PM
What I would really like to see is how many people actually manually deploy their assets in this smokescreen of a "game feature" that is Faction Wars.

Getting rid of it entirely wouldn't hurt the game, on the contrary (except for hamsters)

The end of this self generating joke of a "season" is still good news though : some new content will arrive ... soon ... I mean someday .... in the near future .... Before the end of the year ...