PDA

View Full Version : mp_dotrange LIES???

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 08:57 PM
I was online today, and decided to check the server settings. It said both enemy and friendly had type icons at 2km.

Imagine my surprise when I found myself in combat with a couple of enemy planes and there was no icon at all to be seen anywhere. I could clearly see the planeshape, but no icons. I checked it AGAIN after the combat. Yep: supposed to be there at 2km.

Is this some new artifact of 1.22? I notice that 3- and 4-second pauses are back with a vengeance. Could other things we take for granted (like *accurate* settings) be askew?

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 08:57 PM
I was online today, and decided to check the server settings. It said both enemy and friendly had type icons at 2km.

Imagine my surprise when I found myself in combat with a couple of enemy planes and there was no icon at all to be seen anywhere. I could clearly see the planeshape, but no icons. I checked it AGAIN after the combat. Yep: supposed to be there at 2km.

Is this some new artifact of 1.22? I notice that 3- and 4-second pauses are back with a vengeance. Could other things we take for granted (like *accurate* settings) be askew?

WUAF_Badsight
01-24-2004, 09:06 PM
do you have a key assigned to toggel icons ?

Xnomad
01-25-2004, 06:56 AM
Yep sometimes your icons aren't toggled on. If you cycle through with your toggle button they should come back on.

BlindHuck
01-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Yep, probably icon toggle. I once blasted a friendly (friendly icon only game) because I had icons turned off for single player. If I can do it, certainly lesser pilots can. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif