PDA

View Full Version : Release of Pay/Free add-ons

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 10:11 PM
I understand it takes time and money to develop these new aircraft for IL-2 when the game developers could be working on more profitable products. Therefore i would be willing to pay for the continued efforts of the dev. team.

However, I think it's important to keep those unwilling to pay up to date. So, I suggest the following:

Make the add-ons available on CD, maybe allow people with a credit card to download them from the IL-2 website. The people who really want to play the new maps an planes will buy this for sure [me too!]

For those unwilling to pay, give them the new aircraft as AI planes only! Make the new aircraft and maps show with only minimum detail. Those unwilling to pay will still be able to play online, but hopefully the low detail will convince them to buy the add-on.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 10:11 PM
I understand it takes time and money to develop these new aircraft for IL-2 when the game developers could be working on more profitable products. Therefore i would be willing to pay for the continued efforts of the dev. team.

However, I think it's important to keep those unwilling to pay up to date. So, I suggest the following:

Make the add-ons available on CD, maybe allow people with a credit card to download them from the IL-2 website. The people who really want to play the new maps an planes will buy this for sure [me too!]

For those unwilling to pay, give them the new aircraft as AI planes only! Make the new aircraft and maps show with only minimum detail. Those unwilling to pay will still be able to play online, but hopefully the low detail will convince them to buy the add-on.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Hmmm...maybe. As far as I know, the first add-on plane pack is going to be free (they seem to emphasize this a lot on the German site). All subsequent plane packs will cost a little. Regular patches are, of course free.

"Oh no, the V-1 Doodlebug is heading for our bunghole!" ---David

"...I possess the wings of faith. Though heavy on my shoulder (no measurement can prove their weight), still a burden are they not to me. I am the challenger of gravity." ---Emperor

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 10:20 PM
yhea, i'm still willing to pay if it will keep the dev team going. I'll give em 10$ per plane if they wanna charge that much.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 10:30 PM
VOL_Jon....

U should learn to "haggle".. lets say 1$/plane ;-)

www.f19vs.tk (http://www.f19vs.tk)

http://www.gbg.bonet.se/bjorta/F19-Orheim-IDCard-sm.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 03:06 AM
do you really think $1 per plane will keep them working?

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 03:26 AM
no ...

but *that's* where you start the negotiations.

See?

And I would pay anyone $20.00 bucks if they would tell me WHEN the first add on will come out!

ak!

falcon

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_07.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 04:03 AM
Yeah, I agree with you, but some oversea players may not able to buy the disk in US (I am an oversea player). May I give a suggestion:

Create addition mission packs for IL-2, such as "IL-2 Mission Pack: Battle for [Britian/ Mediterranean/ Pacific/ ...etc]". This is similar to "Rainbow Six: Covert Ops", "Rainbow Six: Urban Ops".

Besides, to me, I am willing to buy this kind of "Mission Packs" at about US$10 - US$25.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 02:14 PM
You might have missed that part about being able to pay by credit card and download from the IL-2 website...

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 12:55 AM
I think there is a point where the addon can/can't be cost-effective. They would probably be better of simply offering it via the website and you either download it or have the CD shipped to you from there. In saying that, it may not get as many sales as the old method of "in the shops".

This time though UBI had better ship it everywhere so that people get it within the same week, not 3-5 weeks for non-Americans. That little stunt to boost US sales FLOPPED, and cost UBI an awful lot of customer "goodwill". /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Please UBI and/or Maddox/1C, keep us informed on this, or the forums will be filled with "patch/addon rumours" like it was pre-1.1b.

----------------------------------------

Beauty is only skin deep. Ugly, on the other hand goes all the way to the
bone.

Lt.Percy: "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do ?"
Blackadder: "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 01:29 AM
Falcon_41 wrote:
- And I would pay anyone $20.00 bucks if they would
- tell me WHEN the first add on will come out!

Add-on will be out XMAS time.

Now wheres my 20 bucks? Should I give you my mailing address?? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Seriously tho...I want my 20 bucks /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

-----------------------------------------------------
</center>http://members.fortunecity.com/stg77/stg77banner.jpg
-----------------------------------
When a German Infantry unit's advance is halted...who do they call?? The Fighter jocks? Get real!!...They call the STUKA Pilots !!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.stg-77.net

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 01:32 AM
you guys are so quick to throw money into the air. you're horrible negotiators. wait till they tell you first whether or not you even have to pay, or else you might just be giving them ideas when they were going to send it out for free.

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 01:21 PM
wky do you WONNA pay it would be great with free models din't you learn anything from series cfs there was great to download free planes

---------------------------------------
A to the K to 4 to the 7 little
devils dont go heaven Freedom got a AK
---------------------------------------

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 09:43 PM
Not so fast Kondor!

Heh-heh, I'll pay *if* your right.

But I'd rather just have one of the nice folks in Oleg's company let us know when to expect the first add-on. Money or no, some are ready, correct?

Well I'm ready, bring on the new a/c!

Falcon

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_euro_us_02.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 10:04 PM
-- For those unwilling to pay, give them the new aircraft as AI planes only!

Let them sell video card, buy CD, then they make big Profit.

Be Sure.

Message Edited on 08/18/0309:06PM by LEXX_Luthor

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 10:26 PM
VOL_Jon wrote:
- yhea, i'm still willing to pay if it will keep the
- dev team going. I'll give em 10$ per plane if they
- wanna charge that much.
-
-

Heck, really good addon planes for Flight Simulator can fetch $25 each easily.

I would gladly pay anywhere up to $25 for good, quality addons.

They can add ALOT to a game.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 06:32 AM
I hate to say this . Shut up people! Jeeze. If they have payware addons then pay for it. If not then accept their gift graciously. Don't start a bidding war to see how much we are going to pay for the next addon!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 07:14 AM
It doesn't matter if the addons are free or you have to pay (well it does for me because I'm not working at the moment,) the fact is the game will soon reach the end of its life cycle and the developers will have moved onto to other commercial projects.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 05:28 PM
pay or free or blood ...

We want the a/c that are ready!

(read: P-51, etc)

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_euro_us_02.gif