PDA

View Full Version : Thick Blood

Specialkha
04-21-2017, 07:21 PM
This feat should be nerf. Level 2 feat that grant immunity to bleed. It is far too powerful; As a nobushi and PK, you lose a lot of damage potential, and even more as a PK, you have to light spam even more to kill the warden.

It should be nerf to 33% or maybe 50% bleed reduction.

CitizenPuddi
04-21-2017, 07:25 PM
its almost like you have to actually work to kill someone that consciously sacrificed a more universally-applicable tier 2 feat

crazy

Specialkha
04-21-2017, 07:28 PM
So, you want pk to light spam even more ppl? And warden are already op enough, they do not need that feat.

CitizenPuddi
04-21-2017, 07:34 PM
So, you want pk to light spam even more ppl? And warden are already op enough, they do not need that feat.

that is basically all the pk is anyhow, either light spam or gb bleed stabs

not following your point

::EDITED::

also, if you wanna talk about OP, let's talk about how pk doesnt show up on the minimap because of a tier 1 feat

Specialkha
04-21-2017, 07:57 PM
Lol that feat is OP? OK, can you leave my thread plz? I want to talk with serious ppl who knows what they are talking about.

CitizenPuddi
04-21-2017, 08:00 PM
Lol that feat is OP? OK, can you leave my thread plz? I want to talk with serious ppl who knows what they are talking about.

says the person calling for a nerf to a feat to fix a class with deeper issues

tell me more about balance, i'd love to hear it

you don't the ability to gank with impunity and near zero chance of initial reprisal as a tier 1 feat isn't a bit strong?

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 09:45 PM
its almost like you have to actually work to kill someone that consciously sacrificed a more universally-applicable tier 2 feat

crazy

While I don't agree with the op, (I have rarely had problems beating the warden with dodges or guardbreaks and if all else fails you have three other people, pick your matches), your logic applies to stealth also, the peacekeeper either gives up capturing zones quicker in dominion which lets them go after people quicker or a health gain on kills which given their renown comes from killing people is a sizeable loss in terms of having to spend the time to go find a boost or a friendly held zone. In my own view both feats are fine as is.

As a disclaimer, I do use that feat and I use it to get a forward dodge attack into someone's back but I think that is as fair as thick blood or any other feat is. By your logic, I made a conscious decision to spend a feat to ensure you better not have tunnel vision on my allies and require a little more situational awareness that could instead have let me go after people with less gaps to deal with health (I skirmish more than dominion).

RatedChaotic
04-21-2017, 09:47 PM
that is basically all the pk is anyhow, either light spam or gb bleed stabs

not following your point

::EDITED::

also, if you wanna talk about OP, let's talk about how pk doesnt show up on the minimap because of a tier 1 feat

Or that bug that shows players as the wrong color on the mini map. I ran into that one numerous times.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 09:58 PM
Or that bug that shows players as the wrong color on the mini map. I ran into that one numerous times.

Never ran into that one but yeah meeds dealing with.

CitizenPuddi
04-21-2017, 10:03 PM
While I don't agree with the op, (I have rarely had problems beating the warden with dodges or guardbreaks and if all else fails you have three other people, pick your matches), your logic applies to stealth also, the peacekeeper either gives up capturing zones quicker in dominion which lets them go after people quicker or a health gain on kills which given their renown comes from killing people is a sizeable loss in terms of having to spend the time to go find a boost or a friendly held zone. In my own view both feats are fine as is.

As a disclaimer, I do use that feat and I use it to get a forward dodge attack into someone's back but I think that is as fair as thick blood or any other feat is. By your logic, I made a conscious decision to spend a feat to ensure you better not have tunnel vision on my allies and require a little more situational awareness that could instead have let me go after people with less gaps to deal with health (I skirmish more than dominion).

I don't disagree with you.

I was making a point with my statement, noting the absurdity to call something OP when it requires a significant tradeoff and pidgeonholes one into a certain playstyle.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 10:05 PM
I don't disagree with you.

I was making a point with my statement, noting the absurdity to call something OP when it requires a significant tradeoff and pidgeonholes one into a certain playstyle.

Yeah I figured we're at pretty much the same conclusion since you would understand that argument having made it, it was more to explain what I said so that anyone else sees it is the same logic all around. As you said we don't disagree, apologies if that felt like I was picking at you.

xLeapingLizardx
04-21-2017, 10:16 PM

I Understand what you are saying but:
Say we are talking about Dominion, you could choose any one of those 3 feats and it would help you.
The difference with thick blood is that if you pick it and the enemy team doesn't have a nobushi, PK, (or I think valk?) you have a 100% useless feat.
That won't happen with your decision because you know the gamemode you'll be playing to adjust your feats, a Warden can't know who he will face so he has a high chance to have an empty feat for an entire match.

I hope that makes sense lol.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 10:19 PM
I Understand what you are saying but:
Say we are talking about Dominion, you could choose any one of those 3 feats and it would help you.
The difference with thick blood is that if you pick it and the enemy team doesn't have a nobushi, PK, (or I think valk?) you have a 100% useless feat.
That won't happen with your decision because you know the gamemode you'll be playing to adjust your feats, a Warden can't know who he will face so he has a high chance to have an empty feat for an entire match.

I hope that makes sense lol.

Also a very fair point, though I would counter it with it maybe works once per enemy then people are looking for you though the advantage is still with you and the thick blood is still an empty feat. Like I say I am not arguing that thick blood should be nerfed. I also have crossbow and high feat cooldown gear for when pounce stops working lol so i would guess I am horrible to deal with in the thick of a skirmish battle >.> I would do the same with a berserker throwing axe only it might be top feat cooldown gear, nothing says tell death I sent you like an axe in the back.

TheMalakith
04-21-2017, 11:47 PM
It's balanced. You won't know what you're going to face before picking it, if you don't face an enemy that has bleeding you'd have wasted a full feat for the match. I would pick the damage or damage reduction feat the warlord has over it any time if i had the choice.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-22-2017, 01:47 AM
It's balanced. You won't know what you're going to face before picking it, if you don't face an enemy that has bleeding you'd have wasted a full feat for the match. I would pick the damage or damage reduction feat the warlord has over it any time if i had the choice.

^^^This^^^

I don't even play the Warden and I have no issue with the feat. PK and Nobushi are not common enough tomake the feat worth choosing consistentlyin my opinion and as this guy said if there is no Nobushi or PK in the match then the guy has just wasted a feat.

Moondyne_MC
04-22-2017, 01:54 AM
I remember when my Nobushi was still low level (rep 1, not even blue gear yet) and I came up against a 108 Warden with max revenge build, thick blood and second wind. He literally just stood there allowing me and a teammate to beat on him for a good 15 seconds, healing and activating revenge periodically until he finally just killed us in 2 hits each. It was pretty dang funny.

SerrowvonHerow
04-22-2017, 02:17 AM
Okay, you can have Thick Blood and we'll take your 25% damage reduction feat.

Pleasure doing business with you.

CandleInTheDark
04-22-2017, 02:21 AM
Okay, you can have Thick Blood and we'll take your 25% damage reduction feat.

Pleasure doing business with you.

Eh, no deal >.> you know how many teams focus the peacekeeper? That was the first guaranteed feat in my build lol.

RatedChaotic
04-22-2017, 02:30 AM
Never ran into that one but yeah meeds dealing with.

Its hardly noticeable. I didnt even catch it. My son did. I think its rare. It happend when I died and respawned and fixed itself when I died again.