PDA

View Full Version : Visibility distance + how to change it?

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 01:41 PM
In one of the movies posted recently, buildings and objects far away was very nicely rendered. When I play IL2 the buildings far away are only pixmaps on the terrain and pops up when you close in. This has a bad visual appearence - especially when flying by a village or town. Is it possible to change this distance and how do you do it? Is the same applicable to mountains and terrain?

Petter A

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 01:41 PM
In one of the movies posted recently, buildings and objects far away was very nicely rendered. When I play IL2 the buildings far away are only pixmaps on the terrain and pops up when you close in. This has a bad visual appearence - especially when flying by a village or town. Is it possible to change this distance and how do you do it? Is the same applicable to mountains and terrain?

Petter A

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 10:51 PM
I think you posted about how I rendered the scenes on Roads to Moscow-I posted some tips on that string that I used---

I think the Problem your getting is gonna Vary with what type system and Video Card you have.............

Here is a link with some good tech help for IL-2 , including Video,general setup,Joysticks,sound and what not-- this may help you Optimize your Game performance......to get rid of some of the problems---*Note Clik the pictures to enlarge

http://euro_wdwmkr.tripod.com/Graphics.htm

As in the Movie Making we are able to manipulate the look of a clip with a program like Virtual Dub for example-- but in game you can not do this for obvious reasons - so try that link and maybe you can up performance of your Game.
*NOTE* settings are perfect/Excellent for filming purposes on my end
but in Multiplay online I set to High for better online performance

My System Specs:

ASUS A7N8X 333frontbus motherboard

nVidia nForce2 MPC sound

AMD 2800+

2 Gig 2700 DDR RAM

ATI Radeon 9700+ 128mb

2 - 80 GIG HD's

3 Meg Ethernet Dedicated Conn.

Hope the link may fix your bugs.......