PDA

View Full Version : 3 rapid questions demanding clear answers

Merryweather456
04-19-2017, 03:41 PM
Hi.

1) What is superior block?

2) What does the shield icon with 4 curved arrows around mean? Does that point to a successful dodge or a successful dodge-block?

3) Why are the berserker's chain attacks (left-left-left) unblockable and yet no orange icon appears on screen?

Thx in advance

Xinlyfenne
04-19-2017, 04:04 PM
1. Superior block is similar to deflect. When you do it, you get a free guard break. Kensei has this. To activate it, change stance to which direction the hit is coming from, and dash forward quickly.
2. The (two) arrows mean deflect. Successfully deflect then you can activate a counter attack.
3. They are blockable. What they do have is hyper armor.

Halvtand
04-19-2017, 06:31 PM
1. Superior block can also come from launching an attack at the right time with some heroes (Conqueror, Valkyrie and Warlord). At the start of the attack the shield is moved to cover that direction which means that they can block an incoming attack and have their own on the way (hopefully) before the enemy figures out what's going on. Unsure if this move can counter unblockables.

Merryweather456
04-20-2017, 07:23 PM
1. Superior block is similar to deflect. When you do it, you get a free guard break. Kensei has this. To activate it, change stance to which direction the hit is coming from, and dash forward quickly.

Sounds all wrong to me. Superior block must be sthing different. Plus, to deflect you have to dash in the direction of the attack, not forward.

Hillbill79
04-20-2017, 07:28 PM
Sounds all wrong to me. Superior block must be sthing different. Plus, to deflect you have to dash in the direction of the attack, not forward.

You dash forward to deflect top attacks

Xinlyfenne
04-25-2017, 05:36 PM

I said they were similar. I did not state they were the exact same. Also, Kensei's superior block may differ from other classes' versions. Superior block is a term Ubisoft uses for special/advanced blocks.