PDA

View Full Version : fix the console communication

M0unt4insquid
04-19-2017, 02:54 AM
I play For Honor on the console and from my experience i can say that the communication is horrible. How do you expect us to communicate with each other with "WOW!" 'THANKS!" "SORRY!" "GOOD FIGHT!" and the list goes on...are you serious? Not even yes or no? I dont understand why we cant just have the OPTION to type...some people have keyboards for their console. It wont hurt at all to add it. Im trying to play 2v2s where we all just meet in the middle and fight each other which seems really fun. unfortunately spamming "GROUP UP!" does not get the message across. so please just give us the option to type.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-19-2017, 03:08 AM
More detailed options? Yes.

Ability to freely type? No.

That_guy44
04-19-2017, 04:43 AM
I like the idea. It'd mean less hate mail in my inbox.

guffffff
04-19-2017, 10:33 AM
yeah, stuff like "Laggg", "Gank the fat b@stard on A", "Gonna rip u a new one!" and of course "Your MOM!!!" would help a lot

Lumina-US
04-19-2017, 01:27 PM
I play For Honor on the console and from my experience i can say that the communication is horrible. How do you expect us to communicate with each other with "WOW!" 'THANKS!" "SORRY!" "GOOD FIGHT!" and the list goes on...are you serious? Not even yes or no? I dont understand why we cant just have the OPTION to type...some people have keyboards for their console. It wont hurt at all to add it. Im trying to play 2v2s where we all just meet in the middle and fight each other which seems really fun. unfortunately spamming "GROUP UP!" does not get the message across. so please just give us the option to type.Sorry bud, but HELL NO to a free roaming text chat.

I don't look forward to all the "Duuuuade, i'm so gonna gangb1ang your mother and your dog" comments, that the PCers already suffer from in the chat window of my console, everytime i execute somebody and neither am i interested in getting my XB1-account spammed to death with hatemails/conversation messages, wishing me aids or worse.

So let's burry your idea, mkay...

AgentCelt
04-19-2017, 01:43 PM
Would be great. Maybe include a character limit so people don't spend half the game typing out 100 letter long tactics.

Lumina-US
04-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Would be great. Maybe include a character limit so people don't spend half the game typing out 100 letter long tactics.If with the likes of a twitterish letter limit, it would still be large enough to insult your, mine or anyone's parents, grandma's/pa's and dogs - Bad idea!

AgentCelt
04-19-2017, 02:26 PM
If with the likes of a twitterish letter limit, it would still be large enough to insult your, mine or anyone's parents, grandma's/pa's and dogs - Bad idea!

Easily solved by having an option to disable the chat. Which I think is already an option in the User Interface settings.

DrinkinMyStella
04-19-2017, 03:07 PM
i want this as well so i can use the salt for my entertainment.

Pope138
04-19-2017, 03:10 PM
Headsets.
I always have my headset on and try to be vocal and help my team, but I'm left with the impression that the people who aren't chatting also have chat muted. I know a lot of people don't chat, but those are also the same people who are probably going to ignore whatever it is you type anyway. They just aren't interested in teamwork.

I actually like the quick chat options, but it would be nice to have the ability to say "Holding C" or "Someone capture A."

FredEx919
04-19-2017, 04:20 PM
Hey everyone,

I would love to hear more suggestions for quick chat options you would want to see. I can't make any promises but I'm happy to send these over to the team. I'll keep an eye on this thread and build a list to send over.

RatedChaotic
04-19-2017, 04:45 PM
Only if we can disable it. Otherwise please dont. We have headsets. We dont need people typing and having text fights during gameplay.

Lumina-US
04-20-2017, 01:54 AM
"Defend Zone A/B/C"

"We just lost Zone A/B/C - try to take it back!"

"Stay/stick together"

"Enemy down"

Would be pretty helpful quick chat commands for example.

The_B0G_
04-20-2017, 02:11 AM
There is fairly cheap way to be rid of this problem and give the most clear and precise communication possible, and it's been around since 1876, it's called a microphone, aka mic, all consoles come with them.

It's crazy how little people use them in this game, out of 20 matches maybe 1 or 2 people have mics. People only plug them in when you call them out on their terrible play usually.

Lumina-US
04-20-2017, 02:16 AM
There is fairly cheap way to be rid of this problem and give the most clear and precise communication possible, and it's been around since 1876, it's called a microphone, aka mic, all consoles come with them.

It's crazy how little people use them in this game, out of 20 matches maybe 1 or 2 people have mics. People only plug them in when you call them out on their terrible play usually.No thanks i prefer not to be autism-style rage-breathed, right into my ears, by any 12 year olds i just executed before - you can keep your mic.

The_B0G_
04-20-2017, 03:46 AM
No thanks i prefer not to be autism-style rage-breathed, right into my ears, by any 12 year olds i just executed before - you can keep your mic.

I almost never run into anyone younger than 16 in game, if you're too afraid of confrontation using a mic thats a valid response, but don't make it seem it's because of children on the game and you don't talk to people on the other team, just your own. So you won't hear anyone on the other team. Let the pc "master race" keep that joyful feature.

Lumina-US
04-20-2017, 04:08 AM
I almost never run into anyone younger than 16 in game, if you're too afraid of confrontation using a mic thats a valid response, but don't make it seem it's because of children on the game and you don't talk to people on the other team, just your own. So you won't hear anyone on the other team. Let the pc "master race" keep that joyful feature.Too affraid to use a mic? - dude, you're talking to a former Age of Conan Hardcore-raider here, Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Skype, i have seen it daily for 6 years straight, among europe's best, so i am absolutely not a mic-phobist.

But sorry to say so, it is because of this children, or shall i rather say adults that often behave like children? - go watch some CoD/Battlefield autism-rage videos - you may then see where my argument is coming from.

Btw. even if you just can hear your own, that doesn't mean that everybody on the team behaves like an angel - they can still scream your ears out while they are on a temper tantrum etc. ;)

The_B0G_
04-20-2017, 04:15 AM
Too affraid to use a mic? - dude, you're talking to a former Age of Conan Hardcore-raider here, Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Skype, i have seen it daily for 6 years straight, among europe's best, so i am absolutely not a mic-phobist.

But sorry to say so, it is because of this children, or shall i rather say adults that often behave like children? - go watch some CoD/Battlefield autism-rage videos - you may then see where my argument is coming from.

Hahahaha I'm sorry, I had no idea about your hardcore MMO experience, you've played all this time in PvP MMO's and you're all the sudden tender to these outbursts? Your response says you can handle all of this, yet completely contridicts itself by the end of the paragraph, if you can't handle someone, mute. I'm sure there is a block or mute button on those many elite games you listed.

Lumina-US
04-20-2017, 04:19 AM
Hahahaha I'm sorry, I had no idea about your hardcore MMO experience, you've played all this time in PvP MMO's and you're all the sudden tender to these outbursts? Your response says you can handle all of this, yet completely contridicts itself by the end of the paragraph, if you can't handle someone, mute. I'm sure there is a block or mute button on those many elite games you listed.Not being able to handle it, is very different from being sick of it my friend - why do you think i never plugged the mics in either my XB1 and PS4 ever since 2013? - go figure.

The_B0G_
04-20-2017, 05:35 AM
Not being able to handle it, is very different from being sick of it my friend - why do you think i never plugged the mics in either my XB1 and PS4 ever since 2013? - go figure.

Probably becauae you listened to it for years and are now sick of it, and don't care what anyone has to say. It's both the same really, you get players that want to coordinate, you get players who are going to complain, it's the same in every game, no matter what genre.

Point of this post being, if you want clear communicatioms, plug your mic in, we all have it, if you want comms but refuse to speak, deal with the limited options.

Pope138
04-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Headsets are great, but not everyone is into them. C'est la vie!
I think the quick chat is great and could be better with more options.

DuhSavagePickle
04-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Seriously guys? Yous are afraid of having Text chat available because you're afraid of arguments in-game?

If you're that worried about it then there should be on option to turn on/off chatting.

I would LOVE REAL chatting over the stupid quick-messages.

It would help so much, it would make the game THAT much better.

It's simply your preference. If you can't handle that then just have that option turned out so you don't have to see it.

But not wanting it in the game completely because you don't want to see in-game arguments or because you're afraid of being called out on your cheese infront of everyone is simply a greedy solution.

I say we NEED in-game chat like PC has... If you don't like it, simply turn it off.

That is all.

Gray360UK
04-20-2017, 07:56 PM
Seriously guys? Yous are afraid of having Text chat available because you're afraid of arguments in-game?

If you're that worried about it then there should be on option to turn on/off chatting.

I would LOVE REAL chatting over the stupid quick-messages.

It would help so much, it would make the game THAT much better.

It's simply your preference. If you can't handle that then just have that option turned out so you don't have to see it.

But not wanting it in the game completely because you don't want to see in-game arguments or because you're afraid of being called out on your cheese infront of everyone is simply a greedy solution.

I say we NEED in-game chat like PC has... If you don't like it, simply turn it off.

That is all.

You must be new to people :rolleyes:

Have you seen what it gets used for on PC? Nothing good I promise you. Are you planning to discuss complicated tactics with your team or are you hoping to exchange pleasantries with your opponent? Oh boy, are you in for a shock ;)

But, you do have a point, no harm in them adding it, as long as it can be turned off.

WoodDaGawd
04-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Adding chat would just add to the toxicity. If you want to talk, use a headset.

I use a headset. But it's plugged into my phone for music to drown out a lot of the noise already from the game.

Pope138
04-20-2017, 10:47 PM

Have you seen what it gets used for on PC? Nothing good I promise you. Are you planning to discuss complicated tactics with your team or are you hoping to exchange pleasantries with your opponent? Oh boy, are you in for a shock ;)

But, you do have a point, no harm in them adding it, as long as it can be turned off.

But what if you don't want to be exposed to toxic chatting, but you do want the quick chat?
If I were ubi, I'd stick with the quickchat (maybe add to it) and anyone who wants more in depth communication will have to use a headset. I know it can be hard to find people to play with that use headsets, which is why clan support needs to be implemented.

pancakerz
04-20-2017, 11:14 PM

are you kidding me? sure there are problem players, but for me chatting with folks is half the fun. Especially when you get a good round with some chill folks.

But I agree that the quick chat needs a rework. Take a look at Rocket League for quick chat commands done well. Or Epic's Paragon.

FledgeSRondo
04-21-2017, 04:58 AM
I've been in a few Dominion matches where the enemy team will turtle up inside our closest Objective, laying traps and planting certain heroes skilled in the art of ledge throwing. In those instances some teammates tend to get annoyed and keep running like Lemmings back to the same Objective hoping to uproot the interlopers, and I've watched as we inexorably fall behind as a vengeful passion overcomes my teammates better senses. It would be nice if there was a way mid-battle to tell teammates to head to different objectives, like "Take Objective C!" or something. Oftentimes I would do it myself, but strategically sometimes it would be better for others to go given the hero and build I've chosen which may be better used elsewhere.

Also, if there were a way to warn teammates of traps, like "It's a Trap!" or something. Sometimes enemies will throw you off a ledge and wait for your teammate to come revive in order to killed them from above, using your dead body as a lure. In those instances the only option you have to spare your teammate from an untimely death is to refuse revive, which might not be the best course of action given the lay of the battlefield and the proximity of where you may be needed compared to where you would likely respawn. If you could somehow warn teammates that a trap has been set, that would help them to avoid or tackle those pitfalls conscientiously while opening up opportunities.

Also, it would be neat if there were a way to indicate to teammates to lure opponents to certain spots, much in the same way that the "Help!" plants a light marker, except it says "Lure here!" or something similar. I've seen some teams coordinate really ingenious traps using environmental blind spots this way, with one drawing the enemy to a spot to be blindsided around the corner or from above.

bmason1000
04-21-2017, 06:31 AM
You guys know there are quick chat options for "location A" etc? I use them non stop. Also "i got this, go" is good for "i can hold this, you go somewhere else." A lot of times people actually respond to it quite well. "I got this! Location B! Go!" so on and so on.

bmason1000
04-21-2017, 06:39 AM
If you're in a location with a good vantage point, zone a at the shard is fantastic, you can easily direct your team to where you see opportunities or problems. Whether or not they listen...no amount of full text or headsets can fix this. That being said, i think the current quick chat options are incredibly useful if used correctly. I'd like to believe my george s. "berserker" patton routine has helped secure a few wins. Hopefully haha.