PDA

View Full Version : High "Skill" Warden Gameplay

lDelicious
04-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Tell me, is this really "skill" based gameplay in FH?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jETgDKRUlgc

Developers, I hope you are going to address this stupidity sooner rather than later, because this is just a joke.

EDIT: Thankfully this post has garnered support on the Competitive Reddit. FINALLY people are waking up, and whilst there are still a few players defending this character, the vast majority has spoken!

BARMALEY--
04-18-2017, 09:45 AM
yes it is, it is all game and is

Lumina-US
04-18-2017, 10:01 AM
I would rather call it cheap shoulder bash spamming - btw. I beat that guy several times already without doing that.

There is a BIG difference between Skill and spamming the same every move over and over. : )

Herbstlicht
04-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Thing is: it works. Its boring, looks bad, cheap, no one wants to watch it or fight against. But it works - and that really sucks. As i posted somewhere before: the way Nobushi's kick is working, seems to be the best of all these attacks. Breaks your guard but can be reacted to in different ways as it can be used in different ways.

Warden gives you a guaranteed hit in 50% of shoulder charge uses. Who else got this kinda advantage?
It really sucks, no matter to what ways you go in defending this class. Only other way then adjusting warden would be putting the others on wardens level. But if all classes get cheese ... bah. No good.

Dry.Fish
04-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Reminds me of some Orochi's with their storm rush feints

cragar212
04-18-2017, 03:34 PM
Such a cheesy playstyle definitely not what a fighter should look like.

Not to mention the warden used pretty much every exploit possible for him.

Dude_of_Valor
04-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Warden game play looked rather average. Just think his opponent was to passive and never kept distance that well. So what if the Warden keeps going SB into cancel, he will make a mistake and then you punish it.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 03:48 PM
I hate the way duellers fight to be honest, they overdo the feinting and mindgames to such a ridiculous degree. TrU3Ta1ent is no better than the Warden imo, he switches guard constantly for no reason to try to outsmart a Warden who never changes his guard in response anyway. TrU3Ta1ent is playing mindgames with himself. The Warden has his guard left on top and couldn't care less what the Raider is doing. Likewise feinting the Raiders Zone Attack when the Warden was on the floor was pointless, another bad case of over-duelling leading to a style of fighting where you cripple your own ability to be dangerous. Terrible gameplay. The 99% emphasis on pretending to fight and the 1% actual fighting is just something I find incredibly boring to watch.

Iuslez_
04-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Thing is: it works. Its boring, looks bad, cheap, no one wants to watch it or fight against. But it works - and that really sucks. As i posted somewhere before: the way Nobushi's kick is working, seems to be the best of all these attacks. Breaks your guard but can be reacted to in different ways as it can be used in different ways.
Nobushi's kick is working? Isn't it not used against any good player?

Warden's SB should be tweaked, not made useless like nobushi's kick (that Luckily has other Tools, unlike the warden). Honestly if the GB soft feint had to be inputed before the SB launch it would probably be enough to make it balanced (and maybe an increased stamina cost).

Netcode_err_404
04-18-2017, 04:33 PM
I agree this game is kilometers far from beeing competitive, is more like a casual game with a low amount of pro players that think its competitive.

But that happens when you know your opponent is good at parrying. He probably knows that, true is a parry king, so the only way to not get bored 5 minutes feiting and doing nothing, is to spam this safe bash.

I agree with you all, on the fact this is not an high lvl warden clip, is just a " Ez warden gameplay" clip, but i do not blame that warden. If he would have had a kensei he would have lost, because he hasn't any kind of ez assured damage.

Also, exploiting light feints and GB feints, if this is one of the best players, im Jack sparrow.

kweassa1917
04-18-2017, 04:37 PM
I hate the way duellers fight to be honest, they overdo the feinting and mindgames to such a ridiculous degree. TrU3Ta1ent is no better than the Warden imo, he switches guard constantly for no reason to try to outsmart a Warden who never changes his guard in response anyway. TrU3Ta1ent is playing mindgames with himself. The Warden has his guard left on top and couldn't care less what the Raider is doing. Likewise feinting the Raiders Zone Attack when the Warden was on the floor was pointless, another bad case of over-duelling leading to a style of fighting where you cripple your own ability to be dangerous. Terrible gameplay. The 99% emphasis on pretending to fight and the 1% actual fighting is just something I find incredibly boring to watch.

It's lame for sure, but you can't really fault them for using what's given legit.

In the end it's the problem I've mentioned numerous times -- you don't make quick-activation unblockables in a fighting game. And ESPECIALLY you don't stack on top of such UB another extra set of effects like it branching into different attacks or knocking down or draining stamina.

It's either "(a) a safe, quickfire attack, but NORMAL, can be blocked, can be parried", or "(b) a special throw down, flip, push, knockdown, stamina drain skill", or (c) a slower, but more powerful and unblockable individually. You don't combine those into a single skill in fighting games.

Some of the worst instances of balance breaking happens in games like Tekken when cerain classes have such "multi-trait easy spam" skills, like for instance (a) side-movement tracking, (b) quick, safe, hard to punish, (c) juggling traits all combined into one skill. Since in Tekken a juggling combo is the equivalent free, guaranteed damage combos in FH, a juggle initiator that's quick and safe to use is like... *ugh*... you had to be there.

LaserCaiser
04-18-2017, 04:42 PM
Ifeinting the Raiders Zone Attack when the Warden was on the floor was pointless

That was a good thing to do in that situation though (another option would have been light -> zone). as it wasn't the maximum oos punish, he tried to bait an oos parry attempt, which would have knocked the warden down again, for another possible parry bait/cancel into GB.
That was the Raiders 50/50, warden guessed right.

If you think that attempt was pointless, I don't think you should critisice their gameplay.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 05:41 PM
That was a good thing to do in that situation though (another option would have been light -> zone). as it wasn't the maximum oos punish, he tried to bait an oos parry attempt, which would have knocked the warden down again, for another possible parry bait/cancel into GB.
That was the Raiders 50/50, warden guessed right.

If you think that attempt was pointless, I don't think you should critisice their gameplay.

You're telling me why they fight like they do as if I don't get that part, and I do. Understanding does not make it more entertaining to watch or more fun to do. You kinda missed the point of what I said, which is that I find the gameplay style of duels and people who play them too much (99% mindgames 1% attack) incredibly boring to watch.

RatedChaotic
04-18-2017, 05:44 PM

I agree. This video just proves to me Streamers are some of the worst players in this game.

David_gorda
04-18-2017, 06:22 PM
You're telling me why they fight like they do as if I don't get that part, and I do. Understanding does not make it more entertaining to watch or more fun to do. You kinda missed the point of what I said, which is that I find the gameplay style of duels and people who play them too much (99% mindgames 1% attack) incredibly boring to watch. sorry but you dont understand that part, when an opponent is Out Of stamina like that you sometimes follow through with the unblockable and sometimes feint it, its being unpredictable against a decent player that can parry, Warden is strong but balanced and i think more characters should have Similiar ways to open up a turtle.

Netcode_err_404
04-18-2017, 06:44 PM
sorry but you dont understand that part, when an opponent is Out Of stamina like that you sometimes follow through with the unblockable and sometimes feint it, its being unpredictable against a decent player that can parry, Warden is strong but balanced and i think more characters should have Similiar ways to open up a turtle.

If these openup would have a cooldown yes, i would agree, but since ubi decided spam festival is the best festival, NOPE

David_gorda
04-18-2017, 06:52 PM
If these openup would have a cooldown yes, i would agree, but since ubi decided spam festival is the best festival, NOPE yeah agreed they should have a cooldown, dont Know ubisoft dont have cooldowns on some attacks, standard in mmos with melee combat.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 07:31 PM
sorry but you dont understand that part, when an opponent is Out Of stamina like that you sometimes follow through with the unblockable and sometimes feint it, its being unpredictable against a decent player that can parry, Warden is strong but balanced and i think more characters should have Similiar ways to open up a turtle.

You're quoting me saying something that directly answers what you have just said. So my answer to you is the same 3 sentences you just quoted me saying. Try readng the 3 sentences this time, rather than just hitting Reply With Quote ... :rolleyes:

RatedChaotic
04-18-2017, 07:57 PM
What I find hilarious about the whole thing....is the Warden wastes half his stamina doing nothing for no reason at all. Its not like he was trying to be unpredictable or anything. He sat there out of range wasting stamina in the beginning. Thats a supposedly good player? OK.. You guys watch these scrubs on a regular basis? lol.....I'm not the best at this game but from the few videos I've seen from that Streamer. I'll take my chances learning on my own.

cragar212
04-18-2017, 08:19 PM
What I find hilarious about the whole thing....is the Warden wastes half his stamina doing nothing for no reason at all. Its not like he was trying to be unpredictable or anything. He sat there out of range wasting stamina in the beginning. Thats a supposedly good player? OK.. You guys watch these scrubs on a regular basis? lol.....I'm not the best at this game but from the few videos I've seen from that Streamer. I'll take my chances learning on my own.

Lol aren't you like a gimp who says you rage quit all the time because you have brain damage or something?

Ps it shows

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 08:24 PM
Lol aren't you like a gimp who says you rage quit all the time because you have brain damage or something?

Ps it shows

a) I think you have the wrong guy
and
b) seriously low blow there, way to stoop, was that really necessary just because he doesn't like the way they fight?

I disagree with you, therefore you have brain damage? Really?? :rolleyes:

David_gorda
04-18-2017, 08:31 PM
You're quoting me saying something that directly answers what you have just said. So my answer to you is the same 3 sentences you just quoted me saying. Try readng the 3 sentences this time, rather than just hitting Reply With Quote ... :rolleyes:lol you wrote in an earlier post that feinting the unblockable was pointless, which i told you it wasnt but you dont understand that you need to feint against decent players, i dont care if you think its boring with mindgames takes alot more skill then spam r1 with peacekeeper.

cragar212
04-18-2017, 08:32 PM
a) I think you have the wrong guy
and
b) seriously low blow there, way to stoop, was that really necessary just because he doesn't like the way they fight?

I disagree with you, therefore you have brain damage? Really?? :rolleyes:

A) Pretty sure correct guy

B) Told everyone he has brain damage as excuse for rage quitting.

If I say I only have 1 hand and someone says Hey arent you that guy with 1 hand I wouldn't think of it as a low blow lulz

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 08:35 PM
lol you wrote in an earlier post that feinting the unblockable was pointless, which i told you it wasnt but you dont understand that you need to feint against decent players, i dont care if you think its boring with mindgames takes alot more skill then spam r1 with peacekeeper.

Pretty sure you need to pick your targets better given Gray,among other peacekeeper mains, has been making a lot of noise on trying to get the r1 spam nerfed.

David_gorda
04-18-2017, 08:40 PM
Pretty sure you need to pick your targets better given Gray,among other peacekeeper mains, has been making a lot of noise on trying to get the r1 spam nerfed.so are you saying he is right the feinting the unblockable was pointless? I havent read Every thread so i had No Idea who his Main is but he Said he want attacking and nonmindgsmes, which pretty much all peacekeepers do and i used that as an example.

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 08:46 PM
so are you saying he is right the feinting the unblockable was pointless? I havent read Every thread so i had No Idea who his Main is but he Said he want attacking and nonmindgsmes, which pretty much all peacekeepers do and i used that as an example.

I am pretty sure I made no other argument but that you might want to pick your targets better, any other meaning into my words you read is up to you but I didn't think there was that much room for adding other arguments in what I said.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 08:49 PM
lol you wrote in an earlier post that feinting the unblockable was pointless, which i told you it wasnt but you dont understand that you need to feint against decent players, i dont care if you think its boring with mindgames takes alot more skill then spam r1 with peacekeeper.

It was pointless against the opponent in that video. The low level of skill that Warden fights with is pretty much the point of this thread / that video. You're missing the entire point and the bigger picture I am talking about, in favour of trying to imply I don't know how to play the game. Classic troll behaviour. Your poor comprehension = I need to L2P. Oookay :rolleyes:

cragar212
04-18-2017, 08:58 PM
so are you saying he is right the feinting the unblockable was pointless? I havent read Every thread so i had No Idea who his Main is but he Said he want attacking and nonmindgsmes, which pretty much all peacekeepers do and i used that as an example.

There are abunch of casual players here like the guy you have been arguing with. No point correcting them when they clearly lost when it comes to anything beyond heavy attacking and blocking imo. I have just accepted it and ignore it.

David_gorda
04-18-2017, 09:01 PM
It was pointless against the opponent in that video. The low level of skill that Warden fights with is pretty much the point of this thread / that video. You're missing the entire point and the bigger picture I am talking about, in favour of trying to imply I don't know how to play the game. Classic troll behaviour. Your poor comprehension = I need to L2P. Oookay :rolleyes: Yep, No offence but you need to learn to play, both these players in the video is very Skilled even though that wardens play in that video was abit weird IMO. Yes boring to watch someone spam shouldbash feints but i Hope all spam moves Will be changed in the future.

David_gorda
04-18-2017, 09:04 PM
There are abunch of casual players here like the guy you have been arguing with. No point correcting them when they clearly lost when it comes to anything beyond heavy attacking and blocking imo. I have just accepted it and ignore it.hehe yeah true pointless trying to explain to noobs why People need to feint against decent players. 😊

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 09:15 PM
Yep, No offence but you need to learn to play, both these players in the video is very Skilled

"That is what a really good player is at the moment. Play as Warden, does the Vortex all game, does soft feints, guardbreak feints, all the exploits, etc etc GG man" - TrU3Ta1ent summing up your 'very skilled' Warden ;)

What does he know though, right? Probably about as much as me. We're all such noobs compared to you :rolleyes:

SerArthur-Dayne
04-18-2017, 09:19 PM
True talent spams and flickers his guard, spams feints, spams side attack to top bash etc.. and complains when someone else spams SB feints... cmon

He got rolled by a better player to be honest, he didnt throw feints and some lights at the warden spamming that sb cancel. He couldnt bait the warden to throw out a top ight by feinting some top heavies at him, maybe letting the odd one sail through. He got so panicked when warden started pursueing him aggressively later in the video, to the point he didnt even roll out or escape, just had a brainfart for the majority of this match, spent half of it being salty and explaining why its unfair, and had the ego to expected to win with meh effort, and obvious resignation in his voice.

It looked like the warden player was honestly operating at 100kmph, while true talent was operationg at 50kmph. at 4:20 he allowed himself to get slapped pink by a consecutave chain of 5-6 full vortex cycles!! LOL! He could just roll out but he took 5!! Why do people hang on the word of these streamers, Im statistically way better than he is, heaps of people are.

*Although I did spot a GB cancel into top light & a top light cancel into someething else... That seems broke to me. Also reduce the cost for rolling so people can easily roll out.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 09:27 PM
True talent spams and flickers his guard, spams feints, spams side attack to top bash etc.. and complains when someone else spams SB feints... cmon

He got rolled by a better player to be honest, he didnt throw feints and some lights at the warden spamming that sb cancel. He couldnt bait the warden to throw out a top ight by feinting some top heavies at him, maybe letting the odd one sail through. He got so panicked when warden started pursueing him aggressively later in the video, to the point he didnt even roll out or escape, just had a brainfart for the majority of this match, spent half of it being salty and explaining why its unfair, and had the ego to expected to win with meh effort, and obvious resignation in his voice.

It looked like the warden player was honestly operating at 100kmph, while true talent was operationg at 50kmph. at 4:20 he allowed himself to get slapped pink by a consecutave chain of 5-6 full vortex cycles!! LOL! He could just roll out but he took 5!! Why do people hang on the word of these streamers, Im statistically way better than he is, heaps of people are.

*Although I did spot a GB cancel into top light & a top light cancel into someething else... That seems broke to me. Also reduce the cost for rolling so people can easily roll out.

TrU3Ta1ent is a bit of a whiner. Seen him use his channel to whine about anyone that beats him way too many times. Shame so many people think popularity = skill.

Netcode_err_404
04-18-2017, 09:30 PM
TrU3Ta1ent is a bit of a whiner. Seen him use his channel to whine about anyone that beats him way too many times. Shame so many people think popularity = skill.

He is the biggest ner4d of for honor i've ever seen, one of the best players. He whine because as yu can see, spamming 60 times the bash is beyond the absurd.

cragar212
04-18-2017, 09:33 PM

You should let Ubisoft know this so they stop inviting him to Canada to help with balance /kappa

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 09:35 PM
You should let Ubisoft know this so they stop inviting him to Canada to help with balance /kappa

You mean the same Ubisoft that said they have no problem with Wardens, right? ;)

cragar212
04-18-2017, 09:44 PM
You mean the same Ubisoft that said they have no problem with Wardens, right? ;)

Hmm no he has never gone. If he did game would probly be better. But it wouldn't matter to players who don't know what a stam punish is anyways. So you got nothing to worry about.

Epoqx
04-19-2017, 12:56 AM
Anyways, warden's shoulder bash is gettin nerfed. As expected.

You can say anything about TrU3Ta1ent, he proved that he is a top player, with low tier char, in tournaments. He got skills, reaction time and knowledge.

That video shows at least 1 thing : TrU3Ta1ent needs to actually use 50 times more his brain than that not so good warden player, who just put so much pressure spamming SB, that TrU3 lost concentration and/or gave up.

Happy that all these warden players will get mad about that nerf.

Herbstlicht
04-19-2017, 01:11 AM
Besides warden players, the whole community seems in agreement - nerf this stuff. And even those warden players may rejoice when they finally realize for honor is more about hitting 2 different buttons in a well timed manner. Yeah i know that bug stuff is actually hard to do. But the result looks just so pathetic.

kweassa1917
04-19-2017, 02:46 AM

The thing is, the last line of the above quote suggests that the enitre assessment above that might be wrong.

The impression I get from the video is that the Warden player is actually much more skilled than the vid streamer, and is basically trolling him on purpose with repetitions

In my turf, there's an old saying that goes "It's always easier to give advice when you're just watching someone else playing chess" -- we're not the ones playing, so we tend to look at the vid objectively and detached from the situation without any pressure, but when you're actually the one fighting, things rarely happen in the way we see it objectively.

To me, the whole things looks as if the Warden just trolled the guy with SB spams on purpose, taunting him so he loses his cool. And my guess is the Warden player probably could have beat the streamer without resorting to that shi*, but he still did it anyway.

The thing with "easy, spammable moves" is that its always easy to spell out a counter for it. PK light spam? Block or parry. WarDochi toplight/ZA spam? Maintain distance and keep guard to side. Lawb shoving? Dodge. Valkyrie spamming? Block and dodge.... and etc etc.. but when we're actually fighting, it's not as if the opponent is using only that one spam in timely intervals. There are other moves to watch for, the whole situation that my pressure you in some way, and many other environmental and psychological variables in work -- hence the term "mindgames".

In simpler words, you know how sometimes, you see a person less skilled than you, and just to probe his defenses you use the basic spamming attacks to see how he handles it. He actually blocks those well. So then you think to yourself, "OK, he's not a total beginner, and he's focused....So let's see if he can handle this one..." and use those same spamming skills, but this time, add in slightly more variables, use different timing, pressure him with more of your movement, positioning... and then this time, the opponent before you is seriously thrown off, because the spamming skill you were using probably took all your opponent's focus and effort to defend it as it is -- and when more factors were added in, it overwhelmed and broke him.

I think that's what's happened here.

The vid streamer shows signs of being seriously "mindf**ked" due to being enraged by the same moves spammed by the Warden, and honestly, against a class that has low-risk, high-reward, easy-spam moves, I'm willing to bet it can happen to any of us.

JesterSyxe
04-19-2017, 08:49 AM
Warden is for LOSERS. Enough said.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Warden is for LOSERS. Enough said.

Outstanding arguement, and well articulated point's. We'll get this straight to the Dev's without delay...

RunnerRunner22
04-19-2017, 09:18 AM
This could easily be fixed by substantially increasing the stamina cost of shoulder bash and especially cancelling shoulder bash. It is beyond me why this hasn't happened yet.

kweassa1917
04-19-2017, 09:36 AM
This could easily be fixed by substantially increasing the stamina cost of shoulder bash and especially cancelling shoulder bash. It is beyond me why this hasn't happened yet.

It would certainly reduce the amount of spamming, but doesn't change the fact that the concept of the skill and its variations are a cheap-arse easy-mode 50/50.

Just get rid of guaranteed heavies from GB and basically they don't even need to touch Warden vortex. It remains a cheap-arse 50/50, but then the potential rewards of that 50/50 will also be proportionately low, compared to the stamina cost, if we remove these guaranteed heavies from the equation.

lDelicious
04-19-2017, 09:37 AM
I'm SOOO glad that people are finally starting to realise how dumb this character is....

Lumina-US
04-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Warden is for LOSERS. Enough said.If that's all you have to say sir, then you are highly official an IDIOT.

Maybe some people just like the Warden's look the most, so they want(ed) to play that character from the very start, or maybe some people prefer a Longsword over a Dagger, Morning star or Axes?

Or maybe some people think he represents the Knights Faction the most and best? (my thoughts exactly)

But fine, suit yourself and keep insulting other players for what they prefer, like a selfish 5-year old pre-schooler would do. Enough said.

Dude_of_Valor
04-19-2017, 10:53 AM
The thing is, the last line of the above quote suggests that the enitre assessment above that might be wrong.

The impression I get from the video is that the Warden player is actually much more skilled than the vid streamer, and is basically trolling him on purpose with repetitions

In my turf, there's an old saying that goes "It's always easier to give advice when you're just watching someone else playing chess" -- we're not the ones playing, so we tend to look at the vid objectively and detached from the situation without any pressure, but when you're actually the one fighting, things rarely happen in the way we see it objectively.

To me, the whole things looks as if the Warden just trolled the guy with SB spams on purpose, taunting him so he loses his cool. And my guess is the Warden player probably could have beat the streamer without resorting to that shi*, but he still did it anyway.

The thing with "easy, spammable moves" is that its always easy to spell out a counter for it. PK light spam? Block or parry. WarDochi toplight/ZA spam? Maintain distance and keep guard to side. Lawb shoving? Dodge. Valkyrie spamming? Block and dodge.... and etc etc.. but when we're actually fighting, it's not as if the opponent is using only that one spam in timely intervals. There are other moves to watch for, the whole situation that my pressure you in some way, and many other environmental and psychological variables in work -- hence the term "mindgames".

In simpler words, you know how sometimes, you see a person less skilled than you, and just to probe his defenses you use the basic spamming attacks to see how he handles it. He actually blocks those well. So then you think to yourself, "OK, he's not a total beginner, and he's focused....So let's see if he can handle this one..." and use those same spamming skills, but this time, add in slightly more variables, use different timing, pressure him with more of your movement, positioning... and then this time, the opponent before you is seriously thrown off, because the spamming skill you were using probably took all your opponent's focus and effort to defend it as it is -- and when more factors were added in, it overwhelmed and broke him.

I think that's what's happened here.

The vid streamer shows signs of being seriously "mindf**ked" due to being enraged by the same moves spammed by the Warden, and honestly, against a class that has low-risk, high-reward, easy-spam moves, I'm willing to bet it can happen to any of us.

This is very true and generally how one should approach a match round 1 against an unkown opponent.

However at the same time, having people observe your matches is a great way to get good feedback on what you did right and wrong.

Trouble is you have to sift through wades of **** in order to find the decent feedback.

DrExtrem
04-19-2017, 12:34 PM
I support my main hero.

It is a stylish, beautiful and honest hero and I love using the shoulder bash follow up after a crushing counter (once).

What I don't support is spamming shoulder bash or any other move on the game.

I don't do it - but I suck.

Pro warden - contra (shoulder bas)h spam.

Gray360UK
04-19-2017, 01:00 PM
I support my main hero.

It is a stylish, beautiful and honest hero and I love using the shoulder bash follow up after a crushing counter (once).

What I don't support is spamming shoulder bash or any other move on the game.

I don't do it - but I suck.

Pro warden - contra (shoulder bas)h spam.

I admire this kind of integrity. Believe it or not there are PK mains out there (myself included) who don't like to use light spam just because it feels wrong. Going back to my Warcraft days (again), I remained a Combat Sword Rogue when everyone else was switching to Assassination because it allowed you to one-shot people. I have never been a FOTM player and don't believe in using exploits just because you can either.

kweassa1917
04-19-2017, 01:05 PM
I admire this kind of integrity. Believe it or not there are PK mains out there (myself included) who don't like to use light spam just because it feels wrong. Going back to my Warcraft days (again), I remained a Combat Sword Rogue when everyone else was switching to Assassination because it allowed you to one-shot people. I have never been a FOTM player and don't believe in using exploits just because you can either.

Well, that just leaves the other 92 million PK light-spammers to convince1 We're almost there! :D

CandleInTheDark
04-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Well, that just leaves the other 92 million PK light-spammers to convince1 We're almost there! :D

You can add me to the no spam list so that is 91,999,999 ;) Same when I played warden with the shoulder charge.

Maybe some people just like the Warden's look the most, so they want(ed) to play that character from the very start

I am in the same boat with PK, as soon as I saw it, and I mean the character itself and bio, no videos of it, I knew she was my main,100% and would have been also if she were trash tier.

Gray360UK
04-19-2017, 01:33 PM
I am in the same boat with PK, as soon as I saw it, and I mean the character itself and bio, no videos of it, I knew she was my main,100% and would have been also if she were trash tier.

Same for me. I was a stealthy dual-wielding Rogue for 4 years in WoW, in Dragon Age Origins I was a stealthy dual-wielding Rogue ... you name it, if you could be a stealthy dual-wielding Rogue, I'd be one. Now in For Honor I am the closest thing you can get to being a stealthy dual-wielding Rogue. It was love at first sight, haha.

CandleInTheDark
04-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Same for me. I was a stealthy dual-wielding Rogue for 4 years in WoW, in Dragon Age Origins I was a stealthy dual-wielding Rogue ... you name it, if you could be a stealthy dual-wielding Rgoue, I'd be one. Now in For Honor I am the closest thing you can get to being a stealthy dual-wielding Rogue. It was love at first sight, haha.

Dragon age 1 and 3, (not a good enough pc for 2 and didn't have 360) first characters, duel wielding rogue, all the assassin creed games, played most if not all dual wielding characters on dynasty warriors, played dual wielding jedi, d&d play by post my rogue venerated the god of thieves and shadows (and was dual wielding and stealthy and while my god may have been evil (he is neutral now I believe but I haven't kept up past 3.5) I had plans for the city that didn't involve undead worm infested people), it's a common theme.

---Edit---

Amusing thing in that d&d game I mentioned, most of our party venerated that god >.> apparently he had plans for the city that didn't involve undead worm infested people also. When evil people have to save the world...

RatedChaotic
04-19-2017, 03:17 PM
A) Pretty sure correct guy

B) Told everyone he has brain damage as excuse for rage quitting.

If I say I only have 1 hand and someone says Hey arent you that guy with 1 hand I wouldn't think of it as a low blow lulz

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I sure you are putting 2 of my post together....I have stated many times that I use xbox to report for quiting early. I have only rage quit a few times because of players exploiting bugs or these connection issues. As you can see in my stats I only have a few hrs in pvp so I dont ragequit as much as you may think. Tho I rage not rage quit.

I do have slight brain damage from multiple IEDs from the Iraq War and have a tendency to rage or get frustrated easily as a result from it. Theres a differece you know between raging and ragequitting.

Grey was spot on...I didnt like how these so called "good players" were fighting. IMO thats how scrubs fight.

I think those posts you were referring to were a few months ago when this game had 0 fixes out and I was really pissed and was raging about how the release was handled. I apologize if I misworded my post to make you believe I ragequit alot. I probly missed my meds that day lol.

JohnWick87
04-19-2017, 03:29 PM
I once loved the warden and played him through the betas without spamming shoulderbash etc. No they are just annoying as ****. I dont like to play him anymore and as enemys they are a pain in the ... Shoulderbash spam. Sb cancel to guardbreak. SB charge for much longer range. SB moves with you when you dodge to the side ( i know best way is backwards but then they just charge or cancel and do a guardbreak vom 5 meters away. wtf)

CandleInTheDark
04-19-2017, 04:10 PM
I once loved the warden and played him through the betas without spamming shoulderbash etc. No they are just annoying as ****. I dont like to play him anymore and as enemys they are a pain in the ... Shoulderbash spam. Sb cancel to guardbreak. SB charge for much longer range. SB moves with you when you dodge to the side ( i know best way is backwards but then they just charge or cancel and do a guardbreak vom 5 meters away. wtf)

It might be worth having another look after the shoulderbash nerf, see what you think of it. I stopped playing peacekeeper for the same reason with light spam but I figured that a, I liked the character too much to just give up and b, if I wasn't playing her, it was one less person playing her the way I felt she was designed to be.