PDA

View Full Version : Why do people do this?

xLeapingLizardx
04-18-2017, 06:57 AM
In Elimination my whole team is dead and 3 or 4 of the enemy is still alive... They let me do a 1v1 while they watch.. I kill the guy I'm fighting, go for an execution, they then hit or GB me so I can't get the execute, the next person begins to fight me while they revive the one I just killed....

This is so annoying.
Like, if this is gonna be an endless survival round where I absolutely cannot win, just fight me and get it over with..
Which again is why I made this exact thread a while ago: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1577352-Perfect-Solution-for-Elimination-Revives

Joseph_2017
04-18-2017, 07:15 AM
In Elimination my whole team is dead and 3 or 4 of the enemy is still alive... They let me do a 1v1 while they watch.. I kill the guy I'm fighting, go for an execution, they then hit or GB me so I can't get the execute, the next person begins to fight me while they revive the one I just killed....

This is so annoying.
Like, if this is gonna be an endless survival round where I absolutely cannot win, just fight me and get it over with..
Which again is why I made this exact thread a while ago: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1577352-Perfect-Solution-for-Elimination-Revives

Run to a ledge and hope for the best. Its cheap but it's your only chance at victory tbh, chances are they'll GB spam you though.

RayNoGG
04-18-2017, 07:33 AM
Why do people do this? Lol to irritate you and make you salty as simple as it is.

Don't forget this community as a whole has a large percentage of kids that don't fight honorably. Hell, I don't even fight honorably most of the time given the current state of the game.

I usually just give up and let them kill me if it's a 4v1 just cause it just gets boring and wasting everyone else's time. 3v1 maybe I'll try for a bit, 2v1 actually favors you because of revenge.

At the end, people don't play fair elimination cause it doesn't really encourage it "for now." Buff ready on match start, 1 second buff grab and gear stats on, so I usually bash people to stop pretending to be honorable in this mode when it's like 2v1 or something. GO play duels or brawl if you want fair play.

kweassa1917
04-18-2017, 07:41 AM
Ever play dodgeball when you were young?

DrExtrem
04-18-2017, 08:01 AM
It has nothing to do with kids.

Its about some arseholes trying to ruin your experience. The community of the game is broken - to be more specific, its toxic, griefplay is the norm and they get away with it.

Look at rainbow 6 ... "rook mine"

Here, people try to ruin other people ls experience every match. I don't mind if somebody tries to 2 on 1 me ... honor is not present and I don't expect it. But in this game people abuse bugs and glitches every match. They spam emotes and often push you to rage quit, so they can report you. They used you as a toy instead of playing with you. I would report them for griefplay - something I don't do lightly.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-18-2017, 08:37 AM
I dont mind if people want to 1v1, and I generally play with "honor" to an extent, but when it comes down to it you gotta just guard that body and let them know you plan to win.

I think you can be honorable, but also not be a pushover or let your team lose at the same time.

I do think theres a huge problem though with revive times, they are insane, and if it were up to me they should be increased by a multiple of 4-6 or something. Now that revenge has got a nerf, they need to nerf revive times in game modes like elimination substantially. I recorded this clip a while ago, and frankly its impossible to guard the bodies. Also with the massive revenge nerf (which was needed) that benefits gank squads even more, they didnt help balance it by redicing revive times so its just an endless uphill battle like this:

https://youtu.be/rJEY8CaeKI8

kweassa1917
04-18-2017, 08:39 AM
It has nothing to do with kids.

Its about some arseholes trying to ruin your experience. The community of the game is broken - to be more specific, its toxic, griefplay is the norm and they get away with it.

Look at rainbow 6 ... "rook mine"

Here, people try to ruin other people ls experience every match. I don't mind if somebody tries to 2 on 1 me ... honor is not present and I don't expect it. But in this game people abuse bugs and glitches every match. They spam emotes and often push you to rage quit, so they can report you. They used you as a toy instead of playing with you. I would report them for griefplay - something I don't do lightly.

The situation explained neither a bug nor an exploit.

It's controversial, that's for sure, but then again, if I were in the op's shoes I'd hardly feel myself in the position to complain in the first place.

They're at least giving me a chance to fight some more, when they could have just ganged up on me and finished the match there.
If you don't like the treatment, just charge forth and start swinging at all of them. They'll kill you on the spot right away.

(ps) I bet none of you complained when Holden Cross kicked Daubeny's scrawny arse and basically toyed with you by forcing you into a duel, surrounded by Iron Legion, huh. So in this scenario, you're the warden, they're the Iron Legion and Holden Cross, and your dead teammates are Daubeny's army. Losers don't get to complain! :D

Draghmar
04-18-2017, 09:18 AM
So...they gave a chance to fight when you should die and then you complain that they take it away...yeah...I really don't understand this attitude. If you want to play 1v1 they there is mode for that. If someone wants to play many 1v1 on the same map and others wants that too then it still ok. But don't complain when people decide different. In my opinion what they did is they gave their teammate chance to win with you 1v1 but when he failed they just took you down. That's it.

[...] that benefits gank squads even more, they didnt help balance it by redicing revive times so its just an endless uphill battle like this:
They spam with revive and you where spamming with revenge. ;)

DrExtrem
04-18-2017, 10:19 AM
The situation explained neither a bug nor an exploit.

It's controversial, that's for sure, but then again, if I were in the op's shoes I'd hardly feel myself in the position to complain in the first place.

They're at least giving me a chance to fight some more, when they could have just ganged up on me and finished the match there.
If you don't like the treatment, just charge forth and start swinging at all of them. They'll kill you on the spot right away.

(ps) I bet none of you complained when Holden Cross kicked Daubeny's scrawny arse and basically toyed with you by forcing you into a duel, surrounded by Iron Legion, huh. So in this scenario, you're the warden, they're the Iron Legion and Holden Cross, and your dead teammates are Daubeny's army. Losers don't get to complain! :D

Abusing bugs and exploits is a general problem and part on my general statement.

Imho, it is better to grand your enemy a swift death, instead of toying with him. The described situation was basically hopeless. If did not finish him rightly but did not grant him the execution either. They were "short form of richards".

Holden cross' offered daubeny a trial by combat. A one on one, that follows rules. Off course, daubeny had to rely on Holden's word - but holden was true to it. If we compare the duel situation to the daubeny one, holdeb cross would have pancaked the warden while executing the second. After that, he would have killed the warden and all the others, while spamming the pony emote.

Lumina-US
04-18-2017, 10:31 AM
I do think theres a huge problem though with revive times, they are insane, and if it were up to me they should be increased by a multiple of 4-6 or something. Now that revenge has got a nerf, they need to nerf revive times in game modes like elimination substantially.While i agree with some things you said, this part of your post here is pure flat out BS.

Reviving a player as a Warden for example, takes more than twice as long as doing so on a Conq or Shugoki (unless you sacrifice better stats on your gear for Rev-speed which is dumb)

So sorry to say it (almost) uncensored, but you can increase my An..., reviving others (on certain classes) takes long enough as it is and is probably the last thing in this game that need's an increase.

Capoupacap
04-18-2017, 01:04 PM
I totally agree that revival in these specific case is an issue but is there any solution that doesn't screw the general gameplay ?

I personnaly think that elimination under revenge should not be interreruptable since it get nerfed...

Arekonator
04-18-2017, 02:28 PM
Reviving a player as a Warden for example, takes more than twice as long as doing so on a Conq or Shugoki (unless you sacrifice better stats on your gear for Rev-speed which is dumb)
I will disagree here, there is no stat as valuable as being able to bring your teammate back in less then a second.

Prophit618
04-18-2017, 02:30 PM
They gave you a chance, however slim, of winning. I've come back from that situation (like, once), so it's not impossible. In their mind they were doing the honorable thing. If you wanted it to end quickly, just stop fighting back. If you want to take advantage, dash over to a ledge and try to eliminate revive as an option.

Not really sure where people are getting this "griefing" thing from. If he stopped fighting and they refused to kill him, that would be the case, but most likely it should be viewed as a sign of respect.

For what it's worth, using the chat to say "Just gank already" usually gets the intended results also.

Iuslez_
04-18-2017, 04:24 PM

This is so annoying.
It is even more annoying for your teammates actually, that have to sit and Watch and can't do anything.

Seriously, I have better things to do than Watch lowskilled players (not speaking about you) do "honorable" duels in a 4v4 mode until the timer runs out. Happened to me multiple time today. I'll guess I'll do the elimination orders vs AI from now on. At least it won't take me an hour to do 5 games.

Alustar.exe
04-18-2017, 04:45 PM
Why do people do this? Lol to irritate you and make you salty as simple as it is.

Don't forget this community as a whole has a large percentage of kids that don't fight honorably. Hell, I don't even fight honorably most of the time given the current state of the game.

I usually just give up and let them kill me if it's a 4v1 just cause it just gets boring and wasting everyone else's time. 3v1 maybe I'll try for a bit, 2v1 actually favors you because of revenge.

At the end, people don't play fair elimination cause it doesn't really encourage it "for now." Buff ready on match start, 1 second buff grab and gear stats on, so I usually bash people to stop pretending to be honorable in this mode when it's like 2v1 or something. GO play duels or brawl if you want fair play.

you make a lot of baseless assumptions about the age of the average player. Additionally honor in regards to this game is just as baseless. Simply because the title has the word honor in it doesn't mean the whole game is a bunch of 1v1s.

xLeapingLizardx
04-18-2017, 05:49 PM
So...they gave a chance to fight when you should die and then you complain that they take it away...yeah...I really don't understand this attitude. If you want to play 1v1 they there is mode for that. If someone wants to play many 1v1 on the same map and others wants that too then it still ok. But don't complain when people decide different. In my opinion what they did is they gave their teammate chance to win with you 1v1 but when he failed they just took you down. That's it.

I never said I wanted a 1v1 fight.... I am just saying if they are gonna let me fight 1v1 while they all watch, let me finish off the guy at least...

As for the situation I referred to in the OP: So it's basically like an endless 1v1 fight. I kill one, the other comes up while the team revives the one I killed.
So I could basically outplay their whole team over and over and over and over and over and achieve absolutely nothing... All I have achieved is wasting everyone's time (especially my teammates')
It really gives me the same feeling of the scrubs who run around when they are the last person alive for the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game...

If that is the way they are gonna play, I'd rather just the whole enemy team come at me all gung-ho and Shugoki grab spam, shield bash spam me, or pancake flip spam just so we can move on.
When they play that way, it is absolutely pointless for me to fight... I can't win...

FootlessRhino
04-18-2017, 06:22 PM
when my teammates are doing this I just don't play along and execute the guy since I mostly play eliminations for orders and ain't nobody got time for that arena simulator ****. that usually results in me being called unhonorable, but i learned to live with that lol. when I'm the only one left and they try to go at me one at a time while resurrecting their teammates I just try to guard the corpses and switch my attack targets frequently, they usually just pile up on me shortly after that:D