PDA

View Full Version : Can we have some love for Orochi ?

Thasnatos
04-17-2017, 05:33 PM
In this video you can see Ororchi's Hurricane Blast can be canceled by your opponent when he makes any attack ( thats fast enough ) before the Hurricane Blast Hit. So my suggestion to buff orochi a little bit by disrupt every action of the opponent after being deflected or make the move goes faster so orochi can trade the damage. Yes i know Hurricane Blast can be cancel by you and open a Wind Gust, GB to surprise the oponent. but they still can counter guardbreak that, right ? further more taking risk dodging an attack for the deflect instead of parrying it (in my opinion parrying is easier than deflect. Atleast the risk is lower) and get nothing from it ?. And to me it doesn't make any sense when you put a move into a class but that move is not even usable. To be short i just want to put more rewards for player that takes risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BasJU2Vo3M

thapsycho
04-17-2017, 05:49 PM
My opinion. Orochi doesn't need any buffs they are too strong for an assassin when they have no gear and when they have gear.... especially in revenge the 2 light attacks on the top take half your health straight away....

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 05:50 PM
Stop playing Orochi, go play Raider for a month, and then come back and play Orochi.

You can feel the love instantly.

Blasto95
04-17-2017, 05:53 PM
Stop playing Orochi, go play Raider for a month, and then come back and play Orochi.

You can feel the love instantly.

Unless you know how to play Raider...

explain to me how theres been multiple Raiders in semi-finals and finals. In 2v2 and 1v1 and maybe 4v4 though ive never watched that. And this is at top tier competitive level.

Xb1MasterNoctis
04-17-2017, 05:54 PM
My opinion. Orochi doesn't need any buffs they are too strong for an assassin when they have no gear and when they have gear.... especially in revenge the 2 light attacks on the top take half your health straight away....

Orochi easist class to beat in the game he need a bit of a speed boost.

Thasnatos
04-17-2017, 06:05 PM

No i've played Orochi against good players the only thing they have to do is guard top and right ( zone attack ) i've tried using feint attacks but after 2-3 games they just simply block the attack and i can't do anything to them every attack i do is blocked.

Blasto95
04-17-2017, 06:15 PM
Orochi easist class to beat in the game he need a bit of a speed boost.

Unless youre in at least the top 5% percent of skill, Hero viability means absolutely nothing. Its all skill until you get to the very top. And even then, the game is still new to the point that people are learning new tactics every week.

You think Shugoki always ran around knocking people over? people thought he was dead when they patched his unlock tech.

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 06:16 PM
The problem you have is in both regular and top tier play, there is only one hero where the orochi is out of the head to head range the devs want for all characters, greens all across the board with one splash of red. The berserker on the other hand is the exact opposite, they are red all along the board with one green and every other hero varies in between the two extremes. I suspect orochi is very low on the list of priorities because currently he is where the devs want him to be.

KotoKuraken
04-17-2017, 06:18 PM
Are you really asking for the heavy deflect to be buffed? It's risk/reward.

It's the same exact risk as the light deflect, except if your opponent doesn't light attack the moment you deflect, you take out half of even a heavy's health bar.

tl;dr It's working fine for a move that can kill with only two uses of it

Thasnatos
04-17-2017, 06:49 PM
Are you really asking for the heavy deflect to be buffed? It's risk/reward.

It's the same exact risk as the light deflect, except if your opponent doesn't light attack the moment you deflect, you take out half of even a heavy's health bar.

tl;dr It's working fine for a move that can kill with only two uses of it

haven't you watch the video ? the Hurricane Blast deals 2 bars / 5.5 bars of Conqueror Health. Thats half of the health bar ? Ororchi Heavies deals 1.5 bars, this Hurricane Blast damage increase by just slightly 0.5 bar compare to the heavy. why would i play risk just to get a little bit more damage ? with a parry guarantee a guardbreak + heavy or 2 top light attacks.

Karma_Ghost
04-17-2017, 09:25 PM
Unless you know how to play Raider...

explain to me how theres been multiple Raiders in semi-finals and finals. In 2v2 and 1v1 and maybe 4v4 though ive never watched that. And this is at top tier competitive level.

Unparriable ZA bug is literally the only reason.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Orochi is probably my best character overall (Though Zeker is my favorite) but the way other people play him pisses me off.

The people who spam GB over and over and over and over and over and over just so they can land the overhead heavy is soooooooooo annoying.