PDA

View Full Version : New Update - The Bandito Update!

Ubi-Negitron
04-11-2017, 03:14 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/bandito_key_art_2_final_forum.jpg

Giddy up, y’all!

We have a blazin’ new update coming tomorrow, with a tank full of surprises!

Here are some highlights - a brand new Tier I bike, and three weeks of the Midnight Circuit!

How could it possibly get better than this? Read on to find out!

Introducing the Bandito!

We’re introducing a brand-new Tier I bike called the ‘Bandito’ – a Speed Bike with incredible handling, speed, and strength!
Reclaim the leaderboards with this ballistic ride!

Note: The Bandito will be available exclusively on iOS devices for only ten days.
The Bandito will be available on Android devices, two weeks from its release on iOS.

Midnight Circuit Returns!

Cam’s back with a challenge - and this time, it’s for three wicked weeks!
Ride the Bandito for one whole week in the Midnight Circuit, and experience the power of this badass bike!

Note: Riders on iOS and Android will get different bike and track combinations for this edition of the Midnight Circuit.

Trials Frontier Turns Three!

It’s our third birthday, and to celebrate three years of racing with y’all in the Frontier, we’re giving away a brand-new track ‘Headhurt Bluff’!

Bug Fixes and Improvements

- Midnight Circuit issues have been fixed with this update! Expect smoother, better races in the Midnight Circuit!
- We've reduced the frequency of crashes across iOS and Android, with a more stable build.
- We've improving the stability and connection issues in the Bunker. You should have no problems connecting to it!

For any questions or feedback about this update, do let us know as a response to this thread.

Race to the top, y’all!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
04-11-2017, 03:36 PM
this time i'm confident!

you were even able to roll the update in a timely manner

maybe the fixes have also worked, fingers crossed!

good races everyone! :cool:

Bonxy
04-11-2017, 03:37 PM
When does the midnight circuit start ?

metjammer
04-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Lots of bugs seem to be fixed, thanks!

BUT I still have two of them on my rug:

- the game still freezes for two seconds when hitting the exit arrow after spinning the wheel

EDIT:

- still can't buy missing parts for Plant Food and others

EDIT2:

EDIT3:

FINAL EDIT:

I will delete bugs in this post as soon as they're repaired in the game. So if this post is empty, you've done your job.

Thank you.

BaDBoY53-TFG
04-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Where is at least some info about the Halloween tracks? Or they won't be released in this update (once again...)? It's like the main thing I am waiting for in this game now. And yeah, fixes for the LBs... Plenty of people just disappeared from them, I can't see Donkey LB at all, for example.

AurisTFG
04-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Freezing issue STILL NOT FIXED

HOW MUCH I NEED TO WAIIIIIT!!??!??

Sandholm
04-11-2017, 06:17 PM
When will the leaderboards be fixed/recalculated? :(

Sandholm
04-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Yeah, still freezing for me too, but dont need to login out and then in again in ordet to play bunker... So progress :3

Sardius77-TFG
04-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Reposted from TFG: New update 5.0.0(iOS) bugs!

I installed the update and played for 30 minutes. Here's what I'm seeing:

1) As noted by others, there's a new "More Games" button on the options page.

2) Leaderboards are still missing most or all players. I assume this is more of a server issue than an update issue?

3) TapJoy rewards still do not work (no reward after watching video, for example)

4) Purchasing from chip shop caused audio stuttering followed by game crash. Happened twice in a row for two different items. Thankfully, purchased items were in inventory after app restart. Haven't tried since...
** Edit ** Tried again...same thing (different devices)

5) TapJoy videos seem to have disappeared (so far) from the loot wheel respin after completing a track. This is a good thing, as TapJoy videos still offer no reward (in this case, a respin).

6) I can't comment on login issues, as I am now conditioned to log in/out of every play session

alexmacdek
04-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Good work! Fixed for me login/logout bug now the game preserves the login username/password in background. (iphone 4s iOS 9.3.5)

moofecker
04-11-2017, 08:09 PM
what justification is there for giving priority to IOS - that sucks

j.pan
04-11-2017, 09:57 PM
Simple: Most IOS players pay for every zhit, some android players hack every zhit. Sad, but at the end of the day, true.
Cheater overview, created by @bonxy: http://trials.bonxy.net/notes/cheaters

Whole thing get's boring: every update new overprized bikes, fake records, missing track parts, & missing bike blueprints not available, laggy server, missing funny, hidden things. Development is made for profit optimizing only.

Five hours bunker showdown? Really, who want's that? One or two hours are more than enough.

CabanonGH
04-12-2017, 01:38 AM
if you hack a game, you're not a player, you're a ******* ****

never hacked a game, never will, it's pretty pointless. im on android.

Bonxy
04-12-2017, 08:01 AM
The in game leaderboards on iOS just do not work at the moment.

rawmantick
04-12-2017, 09:52 AM
I believe the justification is purely economical. As far as I understood, the development is fairly separated, perhaps except for the core gameplay, for iOS and Android, and requires extra time and staff resources for maintaining leaderboards, in-app purchases, etc. Having that in mind, I would personally, hypothetically being from RedLynx, give priority to the platform, that has a better return on investing of those resources and staff. Which just so historically happens to be iOS. It must suck to see cheating, pirating, adjusting currency etc. having put the same effort.

PS: It only sucks if you have an Android phone. It feels just wonderful for iPhone owners, I can verify. It's all relative.

CagBall
04-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Where is at least some info about the Halloween tracks?

When will the leaderboards be fixed/recalculated? :(

These should be priority fixes/additions.

Simple: IOS players pay for every zhit, android players hack every zhit. Sad, but at the end of the day, true.

What a ridiculous generalisation. People pay for stuff on Android too and at the last count, Android had more players (even if you discount the 30 or so hackers spoiling everything). Ergo, you're talking nonsense.

I believe the justification is purely economical. As far as I understood, the development is fairly separated, perhaps except for the core gameplay, for iOS and Android, and requires extra time and staff resources for maintaining leaderboards, in-app purchases, etc. Having that in mind, I would personally, hypothetically being from RedLynx, give priority to the platform, that has a better return on investing of those resources and staff. Which just so historically happens to be iOS. It must suck to see cheating, pirating, adjusting currency etc. having put the same effort.

As mentioned above - Android has more players therefore it would make more economical sense to cater for Android, if what you say were true, which it is not. However, I hope this bike can be obtained for free/by playing the game. Otherwise this game just went from F2P to P2W by releasing this OP bike.

It feels just wonderful for iPhone owners.

No need to gloat! :p

NSP_I_VeNoMz
04-12-2017, 12:32 PM

Been waiting almost 2 years for Halloween 2015 tracks to be available. :(

H-Refr
04-12-2017, 03:46 PM
When does the midnight circuit start ?

Already started today.

There's Halloween Tier 1 Pack in the Shop.

Irish-man8
04-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Still logging in and out and in and out and in and out. No track map pieces still from previous MC challenge. Also no Halloween tracks pack.

rawmantick
04-13-2017, 01:50 PM
As mentioned above - Android has more players therefore it would make more economical sense to cater for Android, if what you say were true, which it is not. However, I hope this bike can be obtained for free/by playing the game. Otherwise this game just went from F2P to P2W by releasing this OP bike.

You seem to have tried contradicting with what I said but if you think about it - what I said and what you said may very happily co-exist. There may be more players. But that doens't automatically make it economically more justified. What matters is profit, not the number of players. Now, we of course may only speculate on which platform brings more money. But my gut feeling and reverse engineering of the decision of devs to focus on iOS somehow tells me there is more money on iOS. We can of course argue that more free players means more competitors for the paying ones, but that's a much longer chain of economical decision making then direct profit per player.

So yes, what I said is not true if you put equality between number of players and actual profit. You are absolutely right with your conclusion about what you thought and not what I actually said.

To be honest, unless developers comment on this or share profit numbers, which they most probably won't and I being them wouldn't too, we can only speculate about the true nature of the decision. Maybe the iOS code is the main development branch, while Android is a hack-y add-on. Maybe there are app market restrictions. Maybe they're shirt on men and threw a coin to what platforms gets an update first. Maybe it's indeed about one platform bringing more green that the other (which I believe is). Maybe the game backend architecture is such that the changes to Android simply have to be propogated through releases on iOS first. Who knows? One thing I doubt is that Android is simply ignored out of some sort of unsympathy "just because".

// Former mobile games developer

H-Refr
04-13-2017, 05:03 PM
From my console gaming experience this is most likely just a contract between the publisher (Apple) and developers.

PhitosBR
04-13-2017, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=

- midnight circuit still not working, I get one try for two hours of waiting[/QUOTE]

For me either

Lenny156
04-14-2017, 10:03 AM
- Game crashes when i buy something from the bunker shop, at least the item is in my inventory
- still can't buy missing missing parts from dark smoke (9/10 parts)
- MC isn't working correct, I get one try for 2 hours of waiting.
- blueprints for old bikes like KTM 500 are not buyable, but of course we can buy a new bike with real money. :rolleyes:

NSP_I_VeNoMz
04-15-2017, 12:48 PM
FOR PEOPLE WHO GET THE GLITCH WHERE YOU GET 1 ATTEMPT AFTER WAITING 2 HOURS
When you enter the midnight circuit and it says 0/5 tries remaining and lets you have 1 attempt... DO NOT USE IT.
Press the home button and then head back into midnight circuit and it gives you all 5 attempts.

Hope this helps.

KrazFTW
04-15-2017, 01:46 PM
When you enter the midnight circuit and it says 0/5 tries remaining and lets you have 1 attempt... DO NOT USE IT.
Press the home button and then head back into midnight circuit and it gives you all 5 attempts.

Was about to write the same thing: Just make sure that it says 5/5 or 10/10 when pressing the "Race" button. In addition - also wait for the green light on the leaderboard.

Bonxy
04-16-2017, 06:42 AM
When the race button is illuminated in the MC, if you don't have all your retires you can log out and back in and this gives you all 5/10 retires back.

The iOS track leaderboard issue is a server side issue.

The missing riders from global leaderboards I don't know. I can't understand why people would disappearing unless they recalculated them and messed it up.

The log in issue does seem to be fixed though. *High 5* 😇

The leaderboards issue needs addressing urgently. What is trials without leaderboards ??

Sardius77-TFG
04-16-2017, 02:27 PM
The log in issue does seem to be fixed though. *High 5* ��

Sort of fixed...I still need to occasionally log out and back in, but maybe only once per day. I'm good with that.

The leaderboards issue needs addressing urgently. What is trials without leaderboards ??

No kidding! Right now I'm playing only to max out bike upgrades. No leaderboards = no good. Afraid to set new PBs. Not a freaking chance in hell I'm buying the Bandito with broken leaderboards.
The clock is ticking, I'm not ready to give up Trials just yet but if things continue as-is there will be no reason to play.

NeetjeNL
04-16-2017, 02:44 PM
What's up with the two top times on iOS Midnight Circuit?
(Plus, I'll try log in/out in about 21 minutes to get back to having 5 retries instead of 1 every two hours ;) )
https://i.imgur.com/WbAWUPw.png

VK_F.E.V.
04-16-2017, 07:06 PM
Still can't log in Midnight Circuit - connection error!
I managed to get through there the track once - then I have always this error.
Tried to reinstall the game - did not help. Technical support wrote - do not answer for 4 days.
Please help me to solve the problem, because there are only two days...

http://i.imgur.com/CsiOJzK.jpg

mrkushmann
04-17-2017, 06:53 AM
This **** is rigged. Less then 2 seconds to complete 3 Bridges. Nice run!
No wonder Why bunch ****in of cheaters!

WickedRichy
04-17-2017, 09:41 PM
Ubisoft. How about you make a new trials game on PC xbox and Playstation and have them all have online multiplayer at launch. Frontier is nice but make a new big game plz.

sanymas
04-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Format of the MC is great,like it,totally skill based,but the rewards we get are truly not.
Why would I grind for a whole week,just to get a few jems and golden tickets.
Will not miss anything even if I didn't play.

sanymas
05-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Have not seen the bandito offer for the last 5 to 6 days on my android device,will I be able to buy it

KrazFTW
05-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Have not seen the bandito offer for the last 5 to 6 days on my android device,will I be able to buy it

It's available for purchase, again. 2 days and 12 hours remaining.

sanymas
05-08-2017, 01:48 PM
@KrazFTW Still not on my device,