PDA

View Full Version : Why people hate PK?

nagya12356
04-09-2017, 06:47 PM
I dont know why she gets more hate then Warden, Shugoki, Warlord or even Berserker?
I mean Shugokis run is just basic bullsht. Wardens vortex is just annoying, you try to doge but he gbs you. Warlord headbut is still too quick. And Berserker has more mix ups and he even has faster side lights than PK.
So why people hate PK more then them?
I am open minded so please tell me why. I want reasonable explanation and just rage.

Dizzy4213
04-09-2017, 06:52 PM
Probably because the vast majority of PKs do nothing but light spam, and just like Orochi, run away constantly because they know nobody can catch them. They're also the worst ones when it comes to kill stealing.

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Because pk is the perfect light spammer.

It leaves you no chance to recover and get back o to the game. The opponent can struggle but most of the time it only delays the inevitable.

Valkyrie, nobushi and imvho orochi, are second.

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 07:00 PM
They're also the worst ones when it comes to kill stealing.

See I asked about this on the combat board the other day, because someone said if I am PK then I need to be getting kills to get my feats up and benefit the team and the only way they do that is through kills and streaks, which is kind of a point because it isn't like the Warden where I know if I get into a fight with three people and two of them die I get renown. I did say well yeah but lunging at a guy I haven't done anything to to get the deathblow is pretty much kill stealing and there are those that see it that way, there are those that will say you're an assassin, the team does better by you having your third and fourth tier feats. And yeah the majority it seems do nothing but spam, it was why some of the PK mains were saying the dodge nerf was the wrong one for what was causing the community as a whole to dislike fighting them.

I must confess I have the speed boost but that is pretty much because I don't want people getting away from me >.> lol, if I put a hurting on you I am going to finish the job if I can.

nagya12356
04-09-2017, 07:02 PM
The PK light is slower than berserker light and berserker can feint lights, but somehow people can parry him but no pk so i still dont get it

vgrimr_J
04-09-2017, 07:02 PM
people dont want to git gud. sooner or later everything this game is going to have nerf train going just like in destiny

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 07:07 PM
people dont want to git gud. sooner or later everything this game is going to have nerf train going just like in destiny

In fairness, the dagger throw from the gunslinger in destiny took a whole lot more skill to get it in the head than light light spam (outside the ones that came because someone looked up at the sky and chucked a knife halfway across the map), I know I was more annoyed with that than I would be at any nerfs in this case because that made it not worth using unless it was to kill steal.

zide-
04-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Because PK is actually OP whereas Warden, Shugoki and Berserker may only seem like OP if you are a newb and don't know how to play the game. Plenty of complaining about Warlord too, so PK is not the only one getting hate.

nagya12356
04-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Because PK is actually OP whereas Warden, Shugoki and Berserker may only seem like OP if you are a newb and don't know how to play the game. Plenty of complaining about Warlord too, so PK is not the only one getting hate.

LoL if you are so pro then how can u not block a simple light attack. Tell me if you can outplay vortex and shugoki run then why cant you parry pk light? If you have the reactions for it.

nagya12356
04-09-2017, 07:26 PM
And if PK is so OP then why are Shugokis, Warlords and Wardens in tournament finals? I know because in tournament level u cant just spam light cause people can parry them. Against Warden vortex just roll away and when he dashes back to you and starts it again? "You roll away" and when u out of stamina? You cant roll anymore so you are basically fcked
I dont complain about PK I just parry her light attacks nothing crazy. And Shugokis run "just dash away" and if he gbs you? U dashed so u cant counter gb so please tell me more how can you play against these 3 characters but not against PK.

Hillbill79
04-09-2017, 07:31 PM
You are aware PK's side attack is a heavy, right?

Zerks is a light, why shouldn't it be faster?

The PK light is slower than berserker light and berserker can feint lights, but somehow people can parry him but no pk so i still dont get it

Alustar.
04-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Most people that complain about PK are just parroting what they see on forums and don't actually pay attention to what the really deadly PK players do. I myself don't "spam" lights. The only time you'll really see me chain more than two or three together are with bleed buffs.
As for kill stealing, that's a funny one. I do it on accident mostly. And it usually always results in an execution, so really you shouldn't complain in a group setting.
In my opinion if a player is playing PK in a group correctly, she's switching between targets spreading bleed damage and harassing them while the main target puts out the dmg.

Yokonato
04-09-2017, 07:41 PM
And if PK is so OP then why are Shugokis, Warlords and Wardens in tournament finals? I know because in tournament level u cant just spam light cause people can parry them. Against Warden vortex just roll away and when he dashes back to you and starts it again? "You roll away" and when u out of stamina? You cant roll anymore so you are basically fcked
I dont complain about PK I just parry her light attacks nothing crazy. And Shugokis run "just dash away" and if he gbs you? U dashed so u cant counter gb so please tell me more how can you play against these 3 characters but not against PK.

You do know PK was actually in several tournaments? And only recently was it banned from the current ones because people did the whole spam lights til your dead strategy? Its by no means a perfect method but it works,especially on console where you either block the first hit or suffer through at least 2 before your block can get up thats not counting the ease of how PK lights can switch attack sides compared to other characters attack patterns switching left or right

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 07:44 PM
The pk can not be in a final, when the hero was banned from the tournament. ;)

nagya12356
04-09-2017, 07:51 PM

What are you talking about? The dash attack? I did not talk about that I talked about simple light attack. The side doge attack is free parry people not very using it in duels.

nagya12356
04-09-2017, 07:53 PM
You do know PK was actually in several tournaments? And only recently was it banned from the current ones because people did the whole spam lights til your dead strategy? Its by no means a perfect method but it works,especially on console where you either block the first hit or suffer through at least 2 before your block can get up thats not counting the ease of how PK lights can switch attack sides compared to other characters attack patterns switching left or right

Yeah she was banned on CONSOLE on PC she is NOT. yesterday tourney was shugoki vs warden.

tbtsrjc
04-09-2017, 08:22 PM
People hate PKs because deep down they closely remind them of their ex. She looks innocent, gets in close and stabs you three times and walks away smiling knowing that she just killed you.

zide-
04-09-2017, 08:32 PM
LoL if you are so pro then how can u not block a simple light attack. Tell me if you can outplay vortex and shugoki run then why cant you parry pk light? If you have the reactions for it.
How about you sink more hours into the game before being so overly defensive for your wrongful opinions about classes like PK. PK lights and zone are so fast, at least on consoles, that you simply have no time to react according to the direction indicator or dodge. PK being OP is not something I'm making up, it has been agreed by the devs and the community several times. Warden's vortex is easy to predict and avoided, so is Shugokis hug run. If you are having trouble with those, you definitely need more time with the game.

Illyrian_King
04-09-2017, 08:36 PM
I don't know when I lost a duell against a PK last time ... must be long ago I guess :rolleyes:

I personally hate it much more to fight against other classes like conqueror

Herbstlicht
04-09-2017, 08:40 PM
fighting pk on console is utter bul*****.
why do you think she got banned from tournament?
but still no word on console issues ...

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 08:52 PM

Sure but the pks side dash attack only has a two frame parry window.

simonarichinfo
04-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Yeah!! There are lots of reason behind this why people hate this but one thing I am not sure that what are the major things behind this. So still searching for right reason!!!

Gray360UK
04-09-2017, 09:26 PM
People hate PKs because deep down they closely remind them of their ex. She looks innocent, gets in close and stabs you three times and walks away smiling knowing that she just killed you.

This sadly overlooked comment wins the thread for me ;)

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 09:40 PM
This sadly overlooked comment wins the thread for me ;)

Its a comment that people with a certain life experience simply don't want to recognise. ;)

Moondyne_MC
04-10-2017, 12:09 AM

The thing is the Zerker can't chain lights together like the PK, who can literally do it until she runs out of stamina, preventing you from ever landing a guard break. On console it is nearly impossible to consistently block PK light attacks, I have an average reaction speed of about 250ms which is nothing to write home about, but should be fast enough that I can at least block them. But no, on console it feels like the whole thing takes about 200ms start to finish.

So when she gets someone panicking doing this, they'll likely either try for a GB, or to try and get their own attacks in, in which case the PK can casually dodge away and launch a dash heavy with a follow up stab for essentially no effort.

Simply put, the PK is WAY too fast in all her movements that she's a complete anomaly as an Assassin, similar to how the Shugo operates nothing like the other heavies.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-10-2017, 01:13 AM

Because PK was so OP she was banned

sssnake154
04-10-2017, 02:59 AM
And if PK is so OP then why are Shugokis, Warlords and Wardens in tournament finals?
Isn't it because PK were banned?:rolleyes:
Her light spam and ZA mix is incredibly annoying and strong - that's the reason.
Also, PK should be "difficult" character, but with that damage and speed she might be moved to "easy".
Also she can literally destroy characters with slow guard stance speed, like LB or Raider.
Also flick, but that was fixed...i think?..
Also she is some kinda meme already.
PK might be not THAT much OP, but still she's a very strong and infuriating character to face.

Billocles
04-10-2017, 03:05 AM
Light attack spam