PDA

View Full Version : Conqueror is still unpunishable?

Gemini-Iceland
04-09-2017, 03:54 PM
I have tested it tons with Kensei and Valkyre. No way to dodge and Guard Break a Conqueror? Am I missing something or?

Patch Notes:

Shield Bash Mix Up Miss recovery no longer has the ability to Block.

[Bug Fix] Conqueror cannot counter Guardbreak from Shield Bash Mix Up Hit and Miss Recoveries.

Developer Comments: Shield Bash Riposte and Mix Up are extremely hard to punish even if you Dodge because they have defense on Start-Ups, Hit and Miss Recoveries. Removing the ability to defend on these moves should make Conqueror more punishable. We’ve also fixed a bug on Shield Bash, Riposte and Mix Up that allowed Conqueror to counter Guardbreak from these moves’ recoveries; which was an exception from our generic rule that Guardbreak cannot be countered from Recovery.

BunnyRawrr
04-09-2017, 04:21 PM
I have tested it tons with Kensei and Valkyre. No way to dodge and Guard Break a Conqueror? Am I missing something or?

Patch Notes:

[Bug Fix] Conqueror cannot counter Guardbreak from Shield Bash Mix Up Hit and Miss Recoveries.

Developer Comments: Shield Bash Riposte and Mix Up are extremely hard to punish even if you Dodge because they have defense on Start-Ups, Hit and Miss Recoveries. Removing the ability to defend on these moves should make Conqueror more punishable. We’ve also fixed a bug on Shield Bash, Riposte and Mix Up that allowed Conqueror to counter Guardbreak from these moves’ recoveries; which was an exception from our generic rule that Guardbreak cannot be countered from Recovery.

If you are a conquerer player forget 1 vs 1 its really bad now. Your shield bash cant be used! If you do its just to get free damage on yourself, since its a really easy movement to doge everione can punish you easily. Soo shield bash its a no use. You have more damage to be able to finish them but its really hard to get there since he dosent have feints to get some parrys or get a guard breack on the enemi. Meaning you can only use Conquerer in dominion and only if u are sure that you will get help or you are agains more then 1, if not its just too easy to coiunter and kill a conquerer.

So you cant parry if u are afraid of feints.
You cant shield bash cause its really easy for them to doge and get free damage on you.
And you cant charge heavy because its dumb to do that on him,(since you cant counter guard breack and its an easy parry for the enemi)

And last Conquerer just have advantage on a situation you have Revenge. Dominion if you are agains more then 1 and have revenge gear.(but they whant to nerf revenge gear so eventually u can also forget this advantage)

If assassins tried to assassinate you could try take adavantage on defending and get some damage in. And this update would be a good balance since you can parry a lot as conquerer.
But assassins will wait more then you. Meaning you will never get the oportunity to play with your defence passivs.

Gemini-Iceland
04-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Dude I just said you can't punish the shield bash. Try it. At least not with Kensei and Valkyre.

BunnyRawrr
04-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Dude I just said you can't punish the shield bash. Try it. At least not with Kensei and Valkyre.

i have been trying conquerer since last aupdate cause I just like to play her and I havent been able to counter them! Only when they are super slow on the movements. If they are normal I always get hit.

G0dzBlaze
04-09-2017, 06:36 PM

I played vs a Conq with Valkyrie and you are right. I was unable to punish him after a missed SB. He was able to CGB 100% and he even parried my side dodge attack like before.

ArchDukeInstinct
04-10-2017, 03:25 AM

Patch Notes:

If you're playing on console, the update hasn't been applied to them.