PDA

View Full Version : This game at high level play is terrible to watch.

DBLxxShotz
04-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Just watched Iskys playing against some top level guys in a tourney and all i saw was Warden vortex over and over and over again. Absolutely boring!!! Im positive this was not the way this game was intended to be played.

Danioku
04-08-2017, 11:24 PM
Welll the final with the same Shugoki Oni-cheese was even worst to watch.

Totally ******ed and unbalanced mechanic that ruins 1v1 mode (and not only) atm.

But dont worry Ubisoft will take care of it in some months LOL

corazondedelfin
04-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Shorter words:

This game is terrible.

This was not the way this game was supposed to be played.

KingTheokoles
04-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Just watched Iskys playing against some top level guys in a tourney and all i saw was Warden vortex over and over and over again. Absolutely boring!!! Im positive this was not the way this game was intended to be played.

You're 100% right. When the devs were playing this in the office having a blast fighting against each other, they failed to take into consideration what giant pieces of crap most human beings are, and that they would exploit every possible bug, spam lights on broken characters and use the same 2 moves on every character just to win a match in a video game lol. How could that be fun for a PK to just smash buttons, they don't even interact with their opponent its literally pressing buttons while being locked on.

Makes me sad, the game had so much potential. The game lost 95% of its casual player base by not disabling the PK until she was properly balanced, and when you lose the casuals, you get left with the people thinking they're MLG players try harding every game with the same spam, not trying anything risky or new.

Hormly
04-08-2017, 11:32 PM
I want to like this game so bad but its becoming very clear that the fighting engine is riddled with cheap BS that ruins the experience.

It was fun in the early days, but now everyone knows how to exploit their classes broken mechanics, and you're right, no fun to play or watch at top level

darkspawn2101
04-08-2017, 11:55 PM

I just did this myself.

Two High level wardens, both versus me as Shugoki, one Rep 17, one Rep 10. And both just spammed Vortex. Is this all the class is capable of? It's barely better than Conq if so.

corazondedelfin
04-08-2017, 11:59 PM
And that's the exact reason that this game is never going to be a competitive e-sports videogame.

Oh look! A warden doing a vortex! Waw! And again! And again! Again? Again!!! Waw!! And the other guy the warlord does a zone attack and then a vortex headbutt too! Waw! And again the warden vortex! And again the warlord! Waw! Shoulder vs Head! Waw!!!! So cool! Let me give you all my money for watching this.... (ironic)

Delectable_Sin
04-09-2017, 12:03 AM
I want to like this game so bad but its becoming very clear that the fighting engine is riddled with cheap BS that ruins the experience.

It was fun in the early days, but now everyone knows how to exploit their classes broken mechanics, and you're right, no fun to play or watch at top level

This is exactly where I am right now. I loved the game in the beginning, but now that everyone knows how to play optimally, and that optimal play just happens to be 1-2 moves spammed repeatedly per character, the game has lost its luster.

I'm a little amazed at how linear this game is. I mean, most characters have about 3-5 different moves, with 3 combos.

It blows my mind how they didn't foresee this happening.

They need interesting interactions, like different versions of the GB dependent on how you grab someone, big combos meant for different situations, different attacks with tricky timing (or even controllable timing), unblockable charge up attacks, etc..

Bob__Gnarly
04-09-2017, 12:07 AM
This is exactly where I am right now. I loved the game in the beginning, but now that everyone knows how to play optimally, and that optimal play just happens to be 1-2 moves spammed repeatedly per character, the game has lost its luster.

Agreed.

I don't play duels/brawls anymore because it's just boring. At least in dominion you can utilise more of your moveset. 1v1 is just a staring match waiting for your opponent to screw up or abusing cheese.

Delectable_Sin
04-09-2017, 12:10 AM
Agreed.

I don't play duels/brawls anymore because it's just boring. At least in dominion you can utilise more of your moveset. 1v1 is just a staring match waiting for your opponent to screw up or abusing cheese.

Totally agree. Dueling is insanely boring now days.

invalid target0
04-09-2017, 12:37 AM
I completely agree. If they don't fill the team with better designers Ubi will ruin a big opportunity. There's not many windows to create new subgenres you can call your own.

IamheiN
04-09-2017, 12:57 AM
The Shugoki charge of the oni spam needs to end NOW. Is killing the competitive of the game every tournament, please fix this sh1t asap.

Varicose_Veins
04-09-2017, 01:34 AM
For some reason the Warden is considered sacrosanct by Ubi. The vortex and the 50/50 especially is very silly and is crying out for a fix.

corazondedelfin
04-09-2017, 01:03 PM
The Shugoki charge of the oni spam needs to end NOW. Is killing the competitive of the game every tournament, please fix this sh1t asap.

Oni shugoki charge + Warden shoulder charge + Warlord head charge = They all shouldnt exist at all.

+1 to you both... Pity that they will do whatever their balls tell them to do, not the gamers.

Vingrask
04-10-2017, 01:45 AM
You're 100% right. When the devs were playing this in the office having a blast fighting against each other, they failed to take into consideration what giant pieces of crap most human beings are, and that they would exploit every possible bug, spam lights on broken characters and use the same 2 moves on every character just to win a match in a video game lol. How could that be fun for a PK to just smash buttons, they don't even interact with their opponent its literally pressing buttons while being locked on.

Makes me sad, the game had so much potential. The game lost 95% of its casual player base by not disabling the PK until she was properly balanced, and when you lose the casuals, you get left with the people thinking they're MLG players try harding every game with the same spam, not trying anything risky or new.

I said that time ago: the devs was naive.

I imagine exactly what you said, because it is the way I play today even knowing the game deeply: devs playing against each other and nobody abusing just one feature. All of them attacking and defending in a balanced way, what for sure make this game damn fun.

Then you have the players.

Manlorey
04-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Agreed.

Well, it seems that it is a common necessity to feint in duels, as feinting is the only way to open up an opponent who does not have openings. As someone who has not mastered feinting to a good degree I must say, the duels are becoming boring from me too, as I feel that feinting is harder to do on console. Well, if you play a relative feint/less char like Orochi, there is a lack of good feinting options there to begin with.
Also playing only 4v4 modes due to that.

Godlymuppet
04-10-2017, 12:32 PM
I too have noticed this. I used to love watching the streamers. But now it's so boring. Just feints and counter guard breaking. The good players now all play exactly the same way. It doesn't matter who they face when you see the class you know exactly how the fight will go.

I have to say it gives me a bit of a dilemma.

I'm a pretty average player. I'm on PS4, so it's not quite as turtly, but still very similar.

I sometimes steam roll and often get steam rolled. The match making is so inconsistent. Maybe I'm just in the threshold of a skill bucket so bounce in and out.

If I want to improve, I need to work on my parries, which I kind of suck at at the moment. And learn the whole counter guard break thing, which is much harder on console.

But here's my dilemma, if I get better will I be robbing myself of the last enjoyable parts of the game? Will all my games just end up
copy pasta turtle games?

Assuming ELO even exists in this game, will getting higher actually reduce enjoyment of the game?