PDA

View Full Version : What Was Point of Berserker Buff?

Dr-KaBoom
04-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Who cares about super armor on infinite combo? Who tries to interrupt the infinite combo by attacking lol? Infinite combo is trash and only works on the most beginner of players. Was this buff simply to help the Zerker a little bit against Shugoki super armor? Like what was the point?

Tundra 793
04-08-2017, 05:35 PM
I think it was really just the most the developers could do, with the Berserker's limited toolset.

I'm a Rep 9 Berserker main, and in my experience, in high level fights the best thing Zerkers can do is just feint into lights or GBs, pretty much all other combos will get blocked or parried.

That Infinite Combo was touted as the Zerkers sort of signature move, but as soon as you get like Rep 2+, it's just gone. Everyone learns how to counter it really fast, and Zerkers just stop trying to get those 4 hits. Lowering it to 2 just makes the most sense from a developers standpoint, even though the most I ever intentionally hit an opponent is 3 times, any more than that and I know I'm going to get parried.

I play on Xbox One and haven't gotten around to testing the buffs yet, though just reading the patch notes, I still don't think I'll ever return to using the Infinite Combo.

Hillbill79
04-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Honestly, for all the difference the changes made, they might as well not have bothered... Zerks are still the buggiest guy in the game... they need to fix the input lag before anything else.

Yeah, its still a feint game, one light at a time.