PDA

View Full Version : FB aces?

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 07:34 AM
I am playing the original IL-2 and I have noticed, that the AI aces don't stand a chance against plane with decent fire power and armor. While they fly pretty well in overall, they always try first to fly directly against you, which gives you good chance to score. As a result there is no way a FW-190 can match my IL-2I. In reality this wasn't the case, as IL-2I was not used in quantities due to its vulnerability against german fighters. I just wonder if the AI aces in FB are more clever? Or maybe it is my ultimate gunnery skills...

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 07:34 AM
I am playing the original IL-2 and I have noticed, that the AI aces don't stand a chance against plane with decent fire power and armor. While they fly pretty well in overall, they always try first to fly directly against you, which gives you good chance to score. As a result there is no way a FW-190 can match my IL-2I. In reality this wasn't the case, as IL-2I was not used in quantities due to its vulnerability against german fighters. I just wonder if the AI aces in FB are more clever? Or maybe it is my ultimate gunnery skills...

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 07:38 AM
Nope, they still often go for headons. Problem is, they're pretty damn good at it. So if you try for a headon with them, be prepared to get a bullet between the eyes.

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 07:43 AM
lunahud wote:In reality this wasn't the case, as
- IL-2I was not used in quantities due to its
- vulnerability against german fighters. ....tenmmike wrote you can not be further from the truth the il-2 series was the most prduced aircraft in ww2(also the most shot down) il-2 =tough bird

U.S INFANTRY 84-91

Message Edited on 09/22/0311:44PM by tenmmike

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 07:49 AM
Those online computer guys are tough

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 07:58 AM
"tenmmike wrote you can not be further from the truth the il-2 series was the most prduced aircraft in ww2(also the most shot down) il-2 =tough bird"

Tenmmike, I meant the figter version of IL-2, named IL-2I. Acctually due to the lack of figters at the beginning of the war, there were some field modifications to make IL-2 figters, but later they developed a proper figter version from IL-2. However at that time it was no match for german planes (Yva guns are superior against bombers though!).