PDA

View Full Version : Warden needs complete rework

nagya12356
04-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Since the conq nerf Wardens only counter are Shugoki(because of his run he can defeat anyone) and Raider(because of the side dash gb). I dont know why people saying that warden is completly balanced he is not! Other than that 2 character warden can vortex everybody and they cant do anything about it. Yes they say roll away from it but then warden goes back to you and can do it again. And you say "just roll away again", but there are 2 things that can happen: 1. you run out of stamina and you cant roll. 2. the match would be boring no one touches anyone and there are just rolls. These would kill the game. Wardens vortex is just a gamble it involves no skill. I belive that you cant nerf wardens shoulder bash because if you do that than the character is basicly ruined. He cant do anything if he doesnt have the shoulder bash. He doesnt have good combos or mixups like valkyrie or raider. He needs a complete rework with good combos and mixups which does not envolve vortex.

DrExtrem
04-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Complete rework.

And you do have suggestions right? Wooden short sword, cardboard armor and and two left games, with only thumbs .. right?

The shoulder bash can be dodged. Even on console. The guard break can be countered. Use your light attacks to interrupt his chain and keep your guard on top against fast lights. The wardens side lights are slow. If the warden pokes you zones, he either is out if stamina soon (without dealing real damage) or he tries to bait you into changing your guard.

The cancel into guard break is very strong but the rest of the wardens kit is average at best.

Maarchiali
04-08-2017, 05:18 PM
I voted no. The only thing he needs is a stamina debuff and characters that dont have a 50/50 to break turtles need one.

Dmochu093
04-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Its hard to say its OP or not. But definitely is stupid. Parry, dodge, counter strike those things make this game fun, not guard brakes. Base so good, fast and strength character on guard brakes is simply not fun. I try not do that but warden simply don't have too much to offer. Something must be changed.