PDA

View Full Version : What is with the random vs AI matches where the bots are all MLG Pro?!?!?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-08-2017, 08:54 AM
I talked a buddy into grabbing For Honor so we could play together and I am taking him into Skirmish AI and Dominion AI till he gets the hang of the game.

3 times tonight though randomly we have had matches where the bots are literally PERFECT and RELENTLESS.

- Cannot be guardbroken

- Endless combos that have no rhyme or reason

- ALWAYS run in groups

- ALWAYS chase you to death

I am not talking "Oh the bots are keeping up"

I am talking we just got out of a match where the Bots had a 600 point lead at the end.

And it wasn't the 2 of us and bots. We had REAL teammates. The 2 people we got were a purple Orochi and a gold LB. Both prestige 3.

I am not new to this game. I have been here since the closed beta. I can handle a Bot match. But on occasion since launch I have across matches like this where the Bots seem to be turned up to 11.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Yokonato
04-08-2017, 09:17 AM
I talked a buddy into grabbing For Honor so we could play together and I am taking him into Skirmish AI and Dominion AI till he gets the hang of the game.

3 times tonight though randomly we have had matches where the bots are literally PERFECT and RELENTLESS.

- Cannot be guardbroken

- Endless combos that have no rhyme or reason

- ALWAYS run in groups

- ALWAYS chase you to death

I am not talking "Oh the bots are keeping up"

I am talking we just got out of a match where the Bots had a 600 point lead at the end.

And it wasn't the 2 of us and bots. We had REAL teammates. The 2 people we got were a purple Orochi and a gold LB. Both prestige 3.

I am not new to this game. I have been here since the closed beta. I can handle a Bot match. But on occasion since launch I have across matches like this where the Bots seem to be turned up to 11.

Has anyone else had this issue?

More than likely Bot 3, I can confirm numerous times on console Dominion we have ran into lvl 3 bots either in a AI game or as a replacement

CoyoteXStarrk
04-08-2017, 09:18 AM
More than likely Bot 3, I can confirm numerous times on console Dominion we have ran into lvl 3 bots either in a AI game or as a replacement

Its INSANE

4 bots at Bot 3 are godlike

Hillbill79
04-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Just before the patch, when there were still AI specific orders... I was doing a contract...... Elimination vs AI.Ok, no probs..

We had 3 x 108s and a high purple player..... It went 6 rounds..... 2 - 2 then a tie. due to time running out. And then a round 6 in a best of 5 lol.

Bots were awesome every other game..... we would win, they would win etc.... but damn, those bots were nails.....

Herbstlicht
04-08-2017, 10:23 AM
They are strong but follow set patterns, so you can beat them. However, the laggier the game, the better for those bots I guess. Always have a way easier time in practice then when in a PvP enviroment with other players.

DrExtrem
04-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Even the level two bits are like raidbosses if they go into turtle overdrive.

Some of them have such a high recovery rate, that the counter attack you, you are back into starting position. They ****ing cheaters par excellence.

And they seem to adapt to the players playing style. Today is light spam day!

Congratulations. Even your bot matches stopped being fun.

Gray360UK
04-08-2017, 12:14 PM
I was trying to complete 25 takedowns in Duel matches vs AI last night ... they were only level 2 BOTS but they were a nightmare. Hyper aggressive, far more Stamina than me, seemingly immune to exhaustion and prescient enough to know exactly when to block, parry and evade. Like Extrem said, they adapt as well. By Round 3 they won't let you do anything that worked in Rounds 1 and 2. I set myself a personal challenge of winning each Duel 3-0, and I managed that about 1 in 10 times.

teksuo1
04-08-2017, 12:19 PM
there's got to be higher than lvl 3.
i often train against the lvl 3 valk and she's really not that menacing. (i use her to warmup and train counter-guardbreak)

Reign
04-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Thank god I am not the only one, I was just about to post this same question.
Was doing my AI orders yesterday and started off like normal just wrecking bots for easy XP. Then it all changed got in a match with a PK, Valk, and Orochi, Warlord bots which proceeded to go into overdrive. Not to mention I know for a fact I was blocking some of their attacks but it was not registering at all. So besides the WL we were getting light spammed to death by them. Still managed to win but I was wondering all afternoon just what the hell happened. One of the few times I thought to myself "I think I'm going to go play some PVP to relax".

TheLastPandaa
04-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Thank god I am not the only one, I was just about to post this same question.
Was doing my AI orders yesterday and started off like normal just wrecking bots for easy XP. Then it all changed got in a match with a PK, Valk, and Orochi, Warlord bots which proceeded to go into overdrive. Not to mention I know for a fact I was blocking some of their attacks but it was not registering at all. So besides the WL we were getting light spammed to death by them. Still managed to win but I was wondering all afternoon just what the hell happened. One of the few times I thought to myself "I think I'm going to go play some PVP to relax".

Me 2.
Some times the lv 3 bots can cgb you after a parry, or dont get dmg by fire if you throw them to it. I have also seen things like they moving and atacking faster then they should and dont dieing if they have 1 bar of health and you try to finish them with a heavy.

I have no idea if is working as intended but they should work by the same rules than the humans. If we cant cgb after a parry, the shuldnt either. If we can get fire dmg they also shuld. If we all die with a heavy wen we only have 1 bar of health left, they also should die. Just saying.

RatedChaotic
04-08-2017, 04:03 PM
I brought this up in closed beta and got laughed at. I played alot of closed beta and gave a friend a key. I was like rep1 and my friend never played. Since I was a higher level it was scaling to bots to me which were level 3s and my friend had a hell of a time trying to learn the game with me. It actually helped him decide not to buy this game. Tho in the open beta I noticed the bots started to scale with the leader of the group.

Were you the group leader? Try switchin it to your friend.

psyminion
04-08-2017, 05:22 PM
I noticed it too.

the lvl 2 bots have to have gotten a buff.

part of the server-side update I reckon.

DrExtrem
04-08-2017, 06:05 PM
I noticed it too.

Yeah ... thanks.

Can I have my money back? Because the game has become nearly unplayable ... except you are a masochist. Now, bot matches are more difficult than pvp but gives less rewards. But I have to resort to bot matches, because matchmaking is a bad joke. Playing against players 8 time zones away is not great.

Level two bots fainting like masters of sword play, bots activating revenge while stunned, guard breaking me despite being parried. Now, they are openly cheating and ignoring mechanics.

Why do some players like to play vs. bots? Because they don't like to get **** on all the time - they accept half the reward for this experience. Now, even this part of the game is broken. Broken, like spam and balancing on consoles.

I am nearly done with this game. Call me if this dumpster fire is playable again.

/end_rage

Gray360UK
04-08-2017, 06:09 PM
I noticed it too.

Glad it's not just me then, didn't really want to be the first to post I was having trouble with bots, lol. They were definitely weaker than this before, I used to faceroll them, only occasionally having trouble. Someone decided we needed tougher bots to fight it seems.

buhahh125
04-08-2017, 06:33 PM
I am happy to hear some of the bots are much stronger. I hope they start incorporating Level 3 bots into action. Keep things interesting with the AI.

Hillbill79
04-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Lets not forget the bots ability to come back to life after being executed, all on their own, and other bots ability to revive executed bots.

It happens a lot.

Yeah ... thanks.

Can I have my money back? Because the game has become nearly unplayable ... except you are a masochist. Now, bot matches are more difficult than pvp but gives less rewards. But I have to resort to bot matches, because matchmaking is a bad joke. Playing against players 8 time zones away is not great.

Level two bots fainting like masters of sword play, bots activating revenge while stunned, guard breaking me despite being parried. Now, they are openly cheating and ignoring mechanics.

Why do some players like to play vs. bots? Because they don't like to get **** on all the time - they accept half the reward for this experience. Now, even this part of the game is broken. Broken, like spam and balancing on consoles.

I am nearly done with this game. Call me if this dumpster fire is playable again.

/end_rage

Hillbill79
04-08-2017, 06:43 PM
That kinda makes sense when you consider we can now do orders and contracts against them freely. Don't want to give us an easy ride.

Glad it's not just me then, didn't really want to be the first to post I was having trouble with bots, lol. They were definitely weaker than this before, I used to faceroll them, only occasionally having trouble. Someone decided we needed tougher bots to fight it seems.

Gray360UK
04-08-2017, 07:38 PM
That kinda makes sense when you consider we can now do orders and contracts against them freely. Don't want to give us an easy ride.

You know that literally just occurred to me seconds before reading you say this.

It can't be a coincidence.

You want to do all your orders against AI, sure, here you go! Enjoy! Have fun! Oh and ...

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c3/c344437514c773c4d4ecde726a2eb8630ebcf17a299122d8b6 02c0e02dff4680.jpg

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 07:40 PM
I got into a4v4 ai third round, no sort of warning about the bots other than that the team was 2-0 down and that rarely happens and got the floor wiped with me like everyone else, we did manage to win the next match. At least these bots can't be reported in an attempt to ban them.

psyminion
04-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Lets not forget the bots ability to come back to life after being executed, all on their own, and other bots ability to revive executed bots.

It happens a lot.

**** man I thought I was just too high to execute bots last night because they kept coming back in the vs AI skirmishes I was doing.

I was confused enough when they started going godlike let alone coming back from the dead.

DrExtrem
04-08-2017, 07:54 PM

The ride was never actually easy. Most players are still not as good as the bots at level 2 (the old ones).

Btw. since it was a server update, we humble console players get the new bots without the orders ir hero adjustments.

psyminion
04-08-2017, 08:03 PM
at least we can still go super-saiyan till we get the rest of the update goodies!

Karma_Ghost
04-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Level 3 bots are much easier to beat consistently than players. The bots actually use most of their move sets instead of relying exclusively on safe attacks, which in addition to playing more aggressively, creates more opportunities for counters and trades. It's actually what makes them more fun to play against. Also, even though they do seem to auto block external attacks, the bots don't abuse glitches/exploits.

Gray360UK
04-08-2017, 09:13 PM
I just had a Bot use the Portcullis lever at C on Citadel Gate to drop the Portcullis onto my head while I was collecting the Shield Boost in an Elimination match ... WTF...

Have never had that happen before.

Damn ... the gloves are off now ... no more Mr Nice Peacekeeper*

*yeah right, like I was ;)

Vingrask
04-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Damn I wish better bots like that you title say.

They are too easy now and when the queue is too long I logout instead go practice like before. Ubi could release some level 5 bots.

SteampunkJester
04-08-2017, 09:55 PM
As much as it's not going to happen, I really wish that it were possible to choose what level of bot you get matched against when you queue up for matchmaking. I can kinda-sorta (not really) handle Level 2 bots, with the exception of Valk, Berserker, and Conq (who, by the way, is apparently the patron saint of counter-guard break heaven) who destroy me regardless of what I do. But when I get into a game with level 3 bots, I feel like I'm looking at the respawn screen more than playing. =/

Not fun if I'm being completely honest. ._.

DrExtrem
04-08-2017, 10:07 PM
As much as it's not going to happen, I really wish that it were possible to choose what level of bot you get matched against when you queue up for matchmaking. I can kinda-sorta (not really) handle Level 2 bots, with the exception of Valk, Berserker, and Conq (who, by the way, is apparently the patron saint of counter-guard break heaven) who destroy me regardless of what I do. But when I get into a game with level 3 bots, I feel like I'm looking at the respawn screen more than playing. =/

Not fun if I'm being completely honest. ._.

I feel you.

I can handle mist of the tier 2 bots. Except when the start to spam light attacks. Then, it gets hairy.

My personal hate-bots are all shugoki and extreme light attack spamming ones. Difficult are the lb bots, who are masters at counter shoving.

escacleo
04-08-2017, 10:19 PM
I've practiced hours on end against each lvl 3 bot character multiple times. I do get killed by lvl 2 bots here and there but not usually. Lvl 3 bots I win 3 out of 4 fights. They are more challenging but their play style is a lot more fun than the turtle meta that players have.

I remember the time when I couldn't even touch a lvl 3 bot and lvl 2s it was 50/50. Hmm takes me back :)

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 10:37 PM
I just had a Bot use the Portcullis lever at C on Citadel Gate to drop the Portcullis onto my head while I was collecting the Shield Boost in an Elimination match ... WTF...

Have never had that happen before.

Damn ... the gloves are off now ... no more Mr Nice Peacekeeper*

*yeah right, like I was ;)

The AI is getting smarter, we are all dooooooooooomed.

Reign
04-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Just got through playing some AI and am seeing them feint a lot more, not to mention a Warden cancelling shoulder bash into GB. Whatever they did I guess it's working but it's definitely easier to play against most people now than bots.

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 10:45 PM
I've practiced hours on end against each lvl 3 bot character multiple times. I do get killed by lvl 2 bots here and there but not usually. Lvl 3 bots I win 3 out of 4 fights. They are more challenging but their play style is a lot more fun than the turtle meta that players have.

I remember the time when I couldn't even touch a lvl 3 bot and lvl 2s it was 50/50. Hmm takes me back :)

I can keep up about eight rounds with the level three peacekeeper before she starts to open a gap, the kensei is my hardest matchup whether human or ai,though I do need to put in some hours against others.

escacleo
04-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Made it more fun. Looking forward to completing my orders 100% without disconnects while waiting for the host disconnect issue to be solved which is the only time I disconnect during a game.

Gray360UK
04-08-2017, 11:29 PM
The 1.05 Patch notes are passed. The patch goes on-line April 6th 2017. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Bots begin to learn at a geometric rate. They become self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, April 8th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug ...

... The bots fight back.

https://images.fastcompany.com/upload/Terminator_Eyes.jpg

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 11:41 PM
With all the time travel to get the current factions in one place already, ladies and gentlemen,the new faction everyone has been asking for,artificial intelligence.

#carefulwhatyouaskfor ;)

Gray360UK
04-08-2017, 11:49 PM
With all the time travel to get the current factions in one place already, ladies and gentlemen,the new faction everyone has been asking for,artificial intelligence.

#carefulwhatyouaskfor ;)

New DLC character confirmed ... T1000 ... and you think Peacekeepers can run fast ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 11:56 PM
New DLC character confirmed ... T1000 ... and you think Peacekeepers can run fast ;)

Second DLC,agent Smith,all two hundred of him.

UbiJurassic
04-09-2017, 12:07 AM
I guess you can say that fighting level 3 bots is a...trial by fire.

https://media.giphy.com/media/yr7n0u3qzO9nG/giphy.gif

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 12:12 AM
The cylon clones have arrived ...

... and they have a resurrection ship in orbit. Next phase is nuclear bombardment from orbit.

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 12:15 AM
I guess you can say that fighting level 3 bots is a...trial by fire.

https://media.giphy.com/media/yr7n0u3qzO9nG/giphy.gif

Coulda given us some warning :p I need to do a few 99 round matches with some bots >.>

escacleo
04-09-2017, 02:58 AM
I've done so many 99 rounds with so many bots and people. Best way to practice. Low Damage, 99 rounds timers off.

LightofBaldur
04-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Yeah normally bots even level 3 bots are easy to beat. Every once in awhile though you run into one that just waits for you to do something the whole time so it can punish you. It will just stand there, if you feint it does nothing, if you attack it will side dash and attack. It's pretty annoying when you literally can't do anything without being punished.

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 07:51 AM
Yeah normally bots even level 3 bots are easy to beat. Every once in awhile though you run into one that just waits for you to do something the whole time so it can punish you. It will just stand there, if you feint it does nothing, if you attack it will side dash and attack. It's pretty annoying when you literally can't do anything without being punished.

It's like they are saying: "F**k you guys, I am done with you and this s**t. I am not playing with you anymore, here have a taste of your own blood."

Btw ... level two bots fo this too from time to time. If they are not busy spamming you to death with light attacks.

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 12:33 PM
It's like they are saying: "F**k you guys, I am done with you and this s**t. I am not playing with you anymore, here have a taste of your own blood."

I keep waiting for the level one raider to do that every time I want to try something new without setting up a custom match.

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 01:11 PM
The valk-bi***-bot is really starting to piss me off.

Its not possible anymore on console to beat her light spam. The pk-bot has at least the decency to mix in heavy strikes. If you can corner her, she starts rolling around like a child in a supermarket and every attempt to hit or GB her fails. And she is not even loosing stamina ... :facepalm:

"trial by fire"? ... It looks more like, you do want to lose the remaining players, to save server capacity.

#fixlightspam
#fixconsolegameplay
#balancetimings

RatedChaotic
04-09-2017, 03:40 PM
My son makes fun of me for not pvping much....I just say why should I? The bots give me a decent challenge as it is.Plus I'm old and like the casual playstyle over the intense pvp. Why add ragequitters and networking problems on top of it when I dont need too. I suck so bots are good for me. Wish I would get more lvl 2 & 3 bots in my AI games without doing customs and manually level them up.

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 08:11 PM
The cheating is back.

Look at those awesome pk-bot moves

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AliJi6sf-o0oiNZnWh3u8oMLx6hXAQ

Simple infinite dodging is out .. dancing is in.

Update: Pk staggering me, while I am on revenge.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AliJi6sf-o0oiNckc1XkPVCaKPYy2w