PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Raider Buffs

Cruznik24
04-08-2017, 05:27 AM
Hi so I typically just read and review the forums for tips, revisions, popular opinion, etc. But I decided once I heard in the Dev stream that the raider will be receiving buffs to share my thoughts on this character.

If there is anything that you can change about the raider, in my opinion, it is the time it takes to change guard positions. If there was ever a buff or change that you had/have in mind to make please make it the change in guard faster. I know I'm able to react to the opponents attacks but the raider can't change his guard fast enough in response to my input.

Honestly, even though he doesn't have a lot of tools, or even a real punish on a successful guard break. I'm able to deal with all those short comings if you could please just allow a much faster guard change from the moment I decide to input the direction in which the raider guards.

That's it. That's my only input. A faster guard change for the raider. Thanks for all who read the post.

Egotistic_Ez
04-08-2017, 06:51 AM
imo the raider guard stance speed isn't a raider issue, it's an "animation over gameplay" issue. Lots of characters have differing guard stance change speeds and it all seems to stem from how fast they can play their animation.

Yes the raider needs it fixed, but ALL characters should be normalised imo.

Saurons_blade
04-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Agreed. Many people think that the Raider needs a completely different move set but that's wrong IMO. That moveset combined with his dirty damage is a hell lot of fun, and you can land some nasty hits with it. The guardswitch is what really makes him suffer. Granted, there are other heroes with slow guardswitch speeds, but in those cases it makes sence. the nobushi for example has a range advantage, and she has a hidden stance that can be used to counter closing enemies when used correctly. especially now that the input for that stance has been simplified, she needs some kind of drawback when an enemy manages to get into her face. The shugoki has his armor that allows him to counter without blocking, and the lawbringer has his push that interrupts combos and allows for counter strikes of his own.

The Raider doesn't really have any of this. he has a high amount of health, and that was supposed tohelp his lack of defence, but that doesn't really get the job done for reasons like recovery times and 15 frame attack chains. Personally i wouldn't even complain about nerves to his health, if inturn his guardswitch speed would be buffed. the kensei and warden have a seven frame guardswitch, and personally i think that would fit the raiders playstyle too. because unlike the assassins who have 13 frame guardswitches the Raider doesn't and shouldn't have a deflect, and unlike the conqueror the raider doesn't and shouldn't have an all directional block. any guardswitch speed slower than seven frames wouldn't be justified IMO.

Well, one could still argue that he should get a guaranteed heavy after GB, but that again is something I disagree on. Mainly for two reasons: his heavy deals a ****load of damage, and he has the most effective throws in the game.just throw that ****er into a wall and there you have your guaranteed heavy right? xD

Saurons_blade
04-08-2017, 11:20 AM
imo the raider guard stance speed isn't a raider issue, it's an "animation over gameplay" issue. Lots of characters have differing guard stance change speeds and it all seems to stem from how fast they can play their animation.

Yes the raider needs it fixed, but ALL characters should be normalised imo.

I think in some cases a fast guardswitch wouldn't be fair. My favorite example is the nobushi. it's allready relatively hard to get close to her if she knows what she does. and when you manage to get close to her she still does have dodges and the hiddenstance to counter your stuff. Giving her a faster guardswitch would feel a little unfair IMO. also imagine a shugoki with a faster guardswitch. would you ever manage to get his health down to zero if he could block allmost all of your attacks? he does have his armor and his healing demon grab afterall...

You must also consider that heroes like the orochi and berserker would profit by this because they could trigger some of their attacks faster. the people do allready complain about attackspeeds, so do you want them to trigger even faster? and besides these heroes do also have a deflect that is supposed to be used more often than simple blocking. a fast guardswitch would make those deflects completely useless don't you think?

Ithink that most of the guardswitches are perfectly fine. I just don't think that the Raider's guardswitch is justified.