PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone rely on GB?

Mudflaaaps
04-08-2017, 02:47 AM
Barely anyone plays their character properly on this game.
All anyone does is go for a cheap guard break and guaranteed heavy (most characters) or light (all characters).

Is it just me, or is this a boring way to play?

Obviously, what's next is vortexs.
People love to guard break (boring losers), so they do a hit-GB-hit combo repeatedly. Again, is this fun for you losers? Do you enjoy doing the same 1 combo repeatedly?

I see spamming single combos as nothing but abusing broken game mechanics, surely ubi didn't design the game to be so cheesy. Grow up people, winning by broken mechanics is a sad victory.

I personally like to use EVERYTHING in a characters arsenal. Because its fun. Plus, the sad people never see the orochis/peacekeepers deflect moves coming because NO-ONE ELSE EVEN USES THEM.

Egotistic_Ez
04-08-2017, 03:54 AM
GB is still very temperamental. I can be half way through a light attack on xbone but because the guy using the gb thinks I've only just started it (p2p delay and everyone being the "host") he gets to grab me, and because I was attacking it's guaranteed so I can't tech out. This is more of an issue in 4v4 than duel, but the unjustified guaranteed damage is why GB is so rampant. Yes it's boring and cheesey, yes it's broken, welcome to For Honor.

And there's a lot of stuff Ubi didn't design that gets used. Considering frame cancel feints and unlock exploits (I refuse to call it tech), both of which aren't meant to be in the game, are used to win official tourneys I'd give up any notion of playing the game how ubi intended.

Kiiyor
04-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Barely anyone plays their character properly on this game.
All anyone does is go for a cheap guard break and guaranteed heavy (most characters) or light (all characters).

Is it just me, or is this a boring way to play?

Obviously, what's next is vortexs.
People love to guard break (boring losers), so they do a hit-GB-hit combo repeatedly. Again, is this fun for you losers? Do you enjoy doing the same 1 combo repeatedly?

I see spamming single combos as nothing but abusing broken game mechanics, surely ubi didn't design the game to be so cheesy. Grow up people, winning by broken mechanics is a sad victory.

I personally like to use EVERYTHING in a characters arsenal. Because its fun. Plus, the sad people never see the orochis/peacekeepers deflect moves coming because NO-ONE ELSE EVEN USES THEM.

Well, GB is pretty much the only way to open up defensive players. You can't get parried if you never attack.

Without GB, any semi decent player can retire to their virtual rocking chair behind a wall of defence and sip margaritas with one hand while absentmindedly adjusting block with the other, pretty much risk free - and risk mitigation is the name of the game, especially in higher level play.

In the end, you kind of need to accept it, because complaining about GB doesn't help you tech it. If you want to survive, you need to practice countering it, until it becomes second nature. Just spawn a level 3 PK bot for 99 rounds, focus only on defence, and by the end of it you will either be a perforated, mewling wreck in the corner, or a god of CGB, because that bot is a hell spawned guardbreaking demon.