PDA

View Full Version : Excessively High CPU Usage

NoArmsJenkins
04-07-2017, 10:11 PM
I bought Siege during the Ubisoft Steam sale a few weeks ago and have been having terrible problems with my frame rate and CPU usage.

If I don't have VSync on, the game ends up having so much CPU usage that it causes other programs, such as Discord, Steam, or even uPlay itself, to stop responding until the round ends. The game has even caused my audio drivers to stop working entirely twice.

Having VSync on the two frame option (I use a 144Hz monitor) has for the most part has solved that particular issue. Still, my CPU usage is extremely high, and I'd like to be able to run the game at 144 FPS.

The problem with this is that the game, as of the Velvet Shell patch, has been using an extraordinarily high amount of my CPU with no explanation. In the main menu, usage is at about 60%, in game, around 95%, and even tabbed, 35%. My friend says his usage is only around 40%.

The CPU usage shouldn't be this high, and it wasn't before Velvet Shell, which is why this is so unusual. Is there anything I can do to solve the problem? Or do I have to wait for the next big update and hope that fixes it?

I've already tried some basic troubleshooting:
- Re-installed the game
- Updated drivers
- Cleared TEMP folder
- Ran UPlay as administrator
- Shut down background processes
- Stopped most programs from launching at startup

This problem doesn't seem to be coming from background processes, other programs, drivers, or anything else. It seems to be the game itself.

Basic PC specs are:
Intel Core i5-3330 @ 3.00 GHz
NVIDIA GTX 1070
8 GB RAM @ 1600GHz

RABiDJustice
04-09-2017, 01:29 AM
When you run high fps your CPU will be working harder to keep up. That usage is normal when trying to run at 144 fps.