PDA

View Full Version : New Kensei any good?

WaterRUSO
04-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Any exceptionally good Kensei players can tell me if the patch made him more viable for higher level play? I don't want to pick him if he still sucks and has no real opener, but I really want to play him, thanks.

Marcrele
04-07-2017, 09:58 PM
I'm far from good, but Kensei never sucked. He's easy to learn and hard to master. Find some footage of pro players on youtube or twitch. It's jaw dropping what some can do out of his feints.

Alchemist..
04-07-2017, 11:02 PM
I did not play much after the patch, like 3h yesterday but I can say he is good now. Has many more options to start chains and feints. May be ready to high tier but without "tech" stuff still a long way to top tier fights

IamheiN
04-07-2017, 11:18 PM
Sadly Kensei is still bad on high level play because he still lacks an opener, they buffed him in the wrong way. He's stronger against bad players, the 1v1 remains pretty much the same, but anyone with the block locked at top is a pain in the 4ss and u need to wait for parries and opponents fails, the new tools don't work at high level because they are heavily punishable as they were before (sidestep is easy parry and guardbreak for the opponent, helm splitter is not fast enough and is a top attack so they will block/parry all of them).

He's now stronger in group battles and ganking because you can helm splitter > unblockable & feint in a gank or sidestep > unblockable in 1v2/3/4 scenarios, but in duels against top players you need to work so much harder than any other classes to get a win.