PDA

View Full Version : Please increase the number of Bot levels from 3 to 5

Jarnnave
04-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Please increase the number of Bot levels from 3 to 5

Background:
Now that both daily orders and contract orders can be completed against both players and AI, the AI/Bot system needs an enhancement.
For the players that play against AI/Bots, the current 3 level Bot system has too large of a difference between each level.
The too large of a difference has the effect of both being either too easy or too hard.

Specifications:
1) Create two new Bot levels within the current system: at approximately levels 1.5 and 2.5 (these proposed numbers based upon current level difficulties)
2) Change the Bot assignment logic to assign the new level bots based upon player skill levels
Note: the skill level is biased upon the player statistics such as kill to death ratio and not the Reputation level (which is a factor of how long the player has played).
3) For the games that are Player vs Player, the assignment of Bots for missing or quitting players also would use these new Bot levels.
4) On the staging screen (where players wait right before the game starts), display the level of the Bots individually.
Example: Perhaps the enhanced matchmaking logic (skill matching) may determine that a PvAI game will be assigned three level 3 bots and one level 4 bot, so display the level for each Bot.
5) Make the new Bot levels available in all the various game modes.

Purpose:
The main purpose behind this change is to create a more gradual increase in difficulty level not only for the casual player in PvAI games but also to help balance the experience of player vs player.
This would hopefully give casual players a more rewarding experience competing against Bots that would hopefully keep them engaged in the game for a longer period of time (months/years). It would also help to train them better before moving into the player vs player environment.
For the highest level perhaps a greater difficulty level (above the current level of 3) is needed, the equivalent of a 3.2 maybe (biased on current levels).
A secondary purpose in this would help in Player vs Player contests to equalize skill levels for teams having to use one or more Bots, thereby providing a more balanced game experience for all players.
(The best games to play in are the ones that are close in skill level and scoring.)

Design Inspiration:
This five-level design is based upon what many education experts call the "Five Stages of Skill Acquisition":
1) Novice
2) Advanced Beginner
3) Competent
4) Proficient
5) Expert

Do a Google search on the term "Five Stages of Skill Acquisition" for more information.

In conclusion: The game does not need 10 levels of Bots, more levels would not necessarily be better. Five Bot levels should be sufficient for both for the player experience (with a substantial improvement over three) and should not be too difficult to implement from a technical perspective (someone has to modify all the programs that use this).

If anyone from Ubisoft wishes to contact me directly about this idea/request, please use the email address attached to my account.
After playing 20 years of Diablo 1,2 & 3, I switched to For Honor, and I love this game. Thank you.
Järn

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comcast Blast 75 Mbps down/10 Mbps up
Modem: Arris SB6141 - 8 channel down/4 up (all channels in use)
Home network is all wired, cat5e Gigbit speed
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.1GHz (4 core/8 thread) with 8 GB RAM and SSD
GPU: Asus Radeon RX 470 4 GB (ROG STRIX)
Windows 10 64-bit
Dual Monitors: 2ms Response
For Honor Performance: 59 FPS on Extreme Settings

DrExtrem
04-07-2017, 05:46 PM
What I already proposed in the betas.

Helshriek
04-07-2017, 09:43 PM
How do we bump this?

Aibjorn
04-08-2017, 06:48 AM
This is actually a good idea, if theres a player missing it's basically 1v2 or 3v4 in some modes.