PDA

View Full Version : For Honor review competitive or not part 2 / All class gameplay

e-sportsadv
04-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Hi again !

I have not been tracking the game so much past weeks. I have been playing some and I see the balance patch is out. I am still getting some random disconnects in game but it feels a bit more stable. So question to you all.

Is the game moving in the right directions as a possible competitive game ( note the word "possible" not current ) ? If it is not is it just standing still or is it even moving in the wrong direction ?

If interested you can see my old review here http://www.esportsadvisor.se/news-/ (there is a YouTube on it as well but it got to long)

I created some gameplay as well =) If you are new to the game and want to have a look at quick gameplay from all classes here you have some here https://youtu.be/1wb8pDGxhv8

/Juha

DrExtrem
04-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Still not competitive.

And its far, far away from it ... more so on consoles.

e-sportsadv
04-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Yes the consoles. As I understand it there is a huge delay in patching and general issues with response time of abilities and similar.

DrExtrem
04-07-2017, 02:44 PM
The patch delay is not a problem at all.

Timings and therefore gameplay, are simply different.

Herbstlicht
04-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Honestly, i think it is moving in a good direction. Will it arrive where we want it? Hopefully. But only if they care about the majority of their playerbase too. Right now, on console, i really feel forgotten.

e-sportsadv
04-07-2017, 03:31 PM
I agree. If you publish a game for several platforms it needs to work on all platforms. Perhaps this is an larger problem in general , it's over commitment. If a game is broken at release it will takes ages to fix it for the the entire player base

iAlwaysL0se
04-07-2017, 04:06 PM
In terms of patches and feeling neglected, You need to blame Sony and Microsoft before Ubisoft. Sony and Microsoft require their (Ubi) patches to go through a "review process" (i put it in quotes because its the easiest way to explain this without heavy detail) which can take up to two weeks before Ubisoft has the okay to push patches through to console. Not sure why they don't have to wait for PC but I'm guessing it just has something to do with not having to involve a third party (microsoft or sony), they have only themselves to go through. We Just have to be patient. I'm sure in a year or maybe two Ubisoft will have the game fully sorted out like the Division when all the player base is fully gone LOL.

DrExtrem
04-07-2017, 04:12 PM
I have to correct myself.

Because the timings are the same, the gameplay is different. We console players have completely different gameplay and other problems on pc, because we have mostly standard hardware (console and controllers) and tv screens with other response times. Some even have a home entertainment system between console and tv screen. Add 30 fps and lag and the response time of the players are not fast enough anymore, to react to guard breaking (standard controller) and fast attack spam.

I could not even counter a single guard break, if my right middle finger would not be "glued" to the right upper paddel of my elite controller. Lag, display delay, neural lag of the brain, eventually moving the thumb from the right stick (guard stance) to the gb-button, pressing the button, input lag ... It all adds up.
15 frames on xbox are not enough for most people, to react to light attacks. We need additional frames and adjusted balancing.

e-sportsadv
04-07-2017, 08:16 PM
So what we are saying is that this never should have gone out to console ? Are extremely timing/ms based games not fit for console? Sorry for my lesser knowing about console gaming I really should know more