PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Nerf... FINALLY

DuhSavagePickle
04-07-2017, 06:00 AM
I play on XBox One and haven't tried the new revenge mode. But so far all I see on here are a bunch of people crying because they removed the automatic win button.

Old revenge (current for me) was broken. Plain and simple.
I myself would actually LOOK for a 1v4 match up because I would win 90% of the time. I'm not boasting, I'm stating it was broken. In actuality I should have been raped countless times but I was the one doing the raping because it was a broken mechanic.

I've seen people in a 1v1 losing so bad that they would turn to an enemy that was just watching his battle and ATTACK him once just to fill up his revenge meter to activate it and win that 1v1 he was losing.

REVENGE WAS BROKEN.

It was never intended to turn you into a 1 man Army destroying in 1v2+. It was made to give you a chance to defend yourself and help you SURVIVE alittle longer and give you a better CHANCE at coming out of it alive.

I for one haven't had a chance to use the new revenge mechanic. But I am SO glad that I will not be able to simply walk up into a group of 4 people, knowing they will be the ones with the disadvantage.

I look forward to playing the game with the odds FINALLY stacked against me in a 1v2+ scenario. If I find myself in that situation on a 4v4 game mode then I deserve to be at odds.

Frankly I welcome the challenge, and I absolutely cannot wait for this patch to come to consoles to get rid of that "I activated revenge in a 1v1 I'm better than you hah" thing that seems to be going around these days.

I also have one last question to everyone.

I'm sure we've all been in a 1v2+ scenario where there are people that spam unblockables and catch you in a continuous loop that takes absolutely no skill... *cough* Lawbringer where he flips you over his head continually*cough*

How would you feel if when in revenge mode, Unblockables such as that would have no effect?
In my opinion I would like to see that implimented.

Oh yeah, if you don't like getting ganked in a 4v4... Don't rely on revenge mode... Rely on skill, also... What do you think your other 3 teammates are for? To cheer you on from the sidelines?

Have a good day.

guffffff
04-07-2017, 09:58 AM
bunch of people crying because they removed the automatic win button.

meh, was never auto win for me lol sadly, but when will this patch be on PS4? want it for the weekend :(

KjotoSamurai
04-07-2017, 10:13 AM
I play on XBox One and haven't tried the new revenge mode. But so far all I see on here are a bunch of people crying because they removed the automatic win button.

I myself would actually LOOK for a 1v4 match up because I would win 90% of the time. I'm not boasting, I'm stating it was broken. In actuality I should have been raped countless times but I was the one doing the raping because it was a broken mechanic.

I've seen people in a 1v1 losing so bad that they would turn to an enemy that was just watching his battle and ATTACK him once just to fill up his revenge meter to activate it and win that 1v1 he was losing.
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bl etc.

Have a good day.

I would love to see how you always win in revenge mode. You are probably part of honorless people, who cant stand 1v1. And because your lovely ganging was limited to certain extend, you must be really reliefed about new patch. I also understand you lack of skill and experience, every unblockable can be parried/avoided, just train abit, you will get there.

kweassa1917
04-07-2017, 10:23 AM
I would love to see how you always win in revenge mode. You are probably part of honorless people, who cant stand 1v1. And because your lovely ganging was limited to certain extend, you must be really reliefed about new patch. I also understand you lack of skill and experience, every unblockable can be parried, just train abit, you will get there.

Why are you in team vs team game modes and seeking 1v1 in the first place?

Gray360UK
04-07-2017, 12:37 PM

REVENGE WAS BROKEN.

It was never intended to turn you into a 1 man Army destroying in 1v2+. It was made to give you a chance to defend yourself and help you SURVIVE alittle longer and give you a better CHANCE at coming out of it alive.

I for one haven't had a chance to use the new revenge mechanic. But I am SO glad that I will not be able to simply walk up into a group of 4 people, knowing they will be the ones with the disadvantage.

I look forward to playing the game with the odds FINALLY stacked against me in a 1v2+ scenario. If I find myself in that situation on a 4v4 game mode then I deserve to be at odds.

Frankly I welcome the challenge, and I absolutely cannot wait for this patch to come to consoles to get rid of that "I activated revenge in a 1v1 I'm better than you hah" thing that seems to be going around these days.

I'm sure we've all been in a 1v2+ scenario where there are people that spam unblockables and catch you in a continuous loop that takes absolutely no skill... *cough* Lawbringer where he flips you over his head continually*cough*

How would you feel if when in revenge mode, Unblockables such as that would have no effect?

Oh yeah, if you don't like getting ganked in a 4v4... Don't rely on revenge mode... Rely on skill, also... What do you think your other 3 teammates are for? To cheer you on from the sidelines?

Have a good day.

How dare you come in here with your common sense and logic and reasonable attitude, who do you think you are? ;)

More sensibly, very well said, thank you, couldn't agree more.

I have been able to abuse Revenge terribly, and have found myself wishing for more enemies to attack me, wanting it to happen, being relieved when a 2nd or 3rd enemy locks on and joins in, because I know what I am going to become when they trigger my Revenge state. HULK SMASH! It should never have been as powerful as it was.

Sipius
04-07-2017, 12:50 PM
enjoy the AI in 4v4 because from what I see ,4v4 eli and dom were constant high activity, now since patch they both on low.. wonder why..And gear was a good barrier to make people think twice for ganking,now they just run off from the start and do that.

kweassa1917
04-07-2017, 02:28 PM
enjoy the AI in 4v4 because from what I see ,4v4 eli and dom were constant high activity, now since patch they both on low.. wonder why..And gear was a good barrier to make people think twice for ganking,now they just run off from the start and do that.

Your 'barrier' against ganking is your brains, tactical thinking, and your teamwork, not some piece of gear and a one-button solution.

Me, I'm not a particular player, and I meet a lot of superior duelists who can kick my arse. So should I be asking for "I want a power up mode that auto-blocks, auto-parries, and auto CGBs that runs for 10 seconds, and then can fire up again after I block 2 attacks"? That sure shounds like a good 'barrier' for people to think twice for thinking they can win just because they have better skill than me. How about that, huh?

Honestly "revenge apologists" have their entire mindset screwed up.

OokiireteHoshii
04-07-2017, 02:33 PM

REVENGE WAS BROKEN.

Have a good day.
Your post=WE CAN FINALLY RAPE THAT MOTHER****ER WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE! THANKS UBISOFT!

kweassa1917
04-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Your post=WE CAN FINALLY RAPE THAT MOTHER****ER WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE! THANKS UBISOFT!

Not unless you're stupid enough to let them. Which, apparently, many people are. *shudders*

M.Sword.Y.Face
04-07-2017, 02:41 PM
It was a bit exaggerating how revenge works when being ganged. Now it is a bit more realistic that a person can't defeat four. Still, with or without the change, people should not blindly throw their top heavy when ganging a player in revenge mode. Use your shoulder bash, time your attack after the revenge player attack, should cause damage. Never ever trade damage with a player in revenge.

Yarzahn
04-07-2017, 02:44 PM

Not really, because it's a 4v4 game, and unlike some morons, I'm not stupid enough to enter a 1v4. If the 4 enemies are stupid enough to rush me, there are 3 other players unaccounted for. What are they doing in the meantime?

There are only four reasons you may be 1v4:

1) You are stupid and run into the enemy alone
2) The enemy killed your team mates and you are the last man standing
3) Your team mates are stupid and are wasting time running around the map doing nothing
4) The enemy is baited into 4v1 while our team mates are off securing control points (dominion)

In the first 3 cases, well, the enemy team played better and deserves to win. If you want your personal skill t blindly trump average team skill, maybe you don't belong in a team game mode and should stick to duels.
In the fourth case, you outplayed them. You still die but win the game (shocking concept, I know).

If you are exceptionally skilled and outplay your opponents so badly you actually win 1v4.. This should NOT be common. I sure as hell can't do it in an ungeared character unless i use an aoe feat that catches most of them. That's ok, I'm not a godly player

This option should be very rare, and available only to very good players. Not every drunk monkey that gets 108 GS and presses revenge button.

It's beyond moronic so many people here think they are entitled to win 1v4. You aren't. You should die like a pig for getting yourself into 1v4. Revenge is there to help you stall and survive long enough for your team mates to save you. Other than that, the only thing saving you should be outstanding skill, not a broken steroids mechanics and spamming zone attacks.

kweassa1917
04-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Not really, because it's a 4v4 game, and unlike some morons, I'm not stupid enough to enter a 1v4.
There are four reasons you may be 1v4:

3) Your team mates are stupid and are wasting time running around the map doing nothing
4) The enemy is baited into 4v1 while our team mates are off securing control points (dominion)

In the first 3 cases, well, the enemy team played better and deserves to win.
In the fourth case, you outplayed them. You still die but win the game (shocking concept, I know).

There's also another option
5) You are exceptionally skilled and outplay your opponents so badly you actually win 1v4.

This option should be very rare, and available only to very good players. Not every drunk monkey that gets 108 GS and presses revenge button.

It's being moronic so many people here think they are entitled to win 1v4. You aren't. You should die like a pig for getting yourself into 1v4. Revenge is there to help you stall and survive long enojughnfor your team mates to save you.

Well said.

In the end, ultimately, its this question they never answer: "Why are you playing 4v4 if you want a 1v1?"

Besides, believe me when I say you can bet your last penny that these "you need old revenge to fight of ganking" folks have absolutely no remorse over ganking other players, nor do they show any kind of sympathy towards fighting lesser geared/skilled people. Because their strange, flawed 'ethics' of "need to punish lameness like ganking" only applies personally.

Their code of 'honor' only applies when they are the winners. That's what this really is.

massive02
04-07-2017, 04:51 PM
go sell your console version and go buy the PC version.

DuhSavagePickle
04-07-2017, 06:34 PM
I would love to see how you always win in revenge mode. You are probably part of honorless people, who cant stand 1v1. And because your lovely ganging was limited to certain extend, you must be really reliefed about new patch. I also understand you lack of skill and experience, every unblockable can be parried/avoided, just train abit, you will get there.

1) I am a 6th Prestige Warlord, 5th prestige Orochi, 1st prestige PeaceKeeper, 1st prestige Conqueror, lvl 14 Law Bringer, lvl 14 Valkrie, lvl 14 raider, lvl 16 warden. I owned the game since release and played since the 2nd closed beta. I have experience.

2) I love 1v1's the most in for honor, which is why I go to play 1v1 mode.
I hate ganking people, but if it's a 4v4 and that team doesn't have any honor then don't expect me to give them the courtesy I've been denied.

3) I assume you missed the part where I said I'm the one that initiates a 1v4 purposely because it's easy to win.

4) My K/D ratio is 4.59 overall after playing with every single character for a decent amount of time, if you'd like to 1v1 me just send me a friends request and I'll be happy to show you my skill level.

I don't care how good you are, when 2 lawbringers spam that unblockable while there's a warlord spamming headbutt you cannot get out of that infinite loop.

My image for the game is simple, don't rely on broken mechanics, don't spam and just simply reply on skill in a skill based fighting game.

I LOVE 1v1 honorable duels. But I don't get butt hurt when I get jumped in a 4v4 dominion/skirmish mode because the point of that game mode is to be in a game with more than one person is it not?

Lastly, I assume you were one of those people that depended on revenge mode because you don't have enough skill to depend on yourself?

I welcome the challenge to fight more than 1 person at a time with the new revenge mode because simply put, it's just way to easy now the way it is. (Xbox One)

Can't wait for the patch =)

Manlorey
04-07-2017, 06:48 PM
go sell your console version and go buy the PC version.
Disagree with that. Playing FH on a console is much fun. There are also a lot more players on the console than on PC, the most being on PS4.

DuhSavagePickle
04-07-2017, 06:51 PM
How dare you come in here with your common sense and logic and reasonable attitude, who do you think you are? ;)

More sensibly, very well said, thank you, couldn't agree more.

I have been able to abuse Revenge terribly, and have found myself wishing for more enemies to attack me, wanting it to happen, being relieved when a 2nd or 3rd enemy locks on and joins in, because I know what I am going to become when they trigger my Revenge state. HULK SMASH! It should never have been as powerful as it was.

Exactly, When you find yourself finding it easier to win a 1v3, something is wrong.

Your 'barrier' against ganking is your brains, tactical thinking, and your teamwork, not some piece of gear and a one-button solution.

Me, I'm not a particular player, and I meet a lot of superior duelists who can kick my arse. So should I be asking for "I want a power up mode that auto-blocks, auto-parries, and auto CGBs that runs for 10 seconds, and then can fire up again after I block 2 attacks"? That sure shounds like a good 'barrier' for people to think twice for thinking they can win just because they have better skill than me. How about that, huh?

Honestly "revenge apologists" have their entire mindset screwed up.

Exactly! Don't go looking for a 1v2+ fight if someone can't handle it. You're in a 4v4 not a 1v4. Use your brains, skill and environment. Not a 1 button I win all broken mechanic!

No, my post = Thanks Ubisoft for fixing the broken mechanic and bringing back some sort of realism to the game and removing the "muffin" button that people rely on because they have absolutely no skill themselves.

Not really, because it's a 4v4 game, and unlike some morons, I'm not stupid enough to enter a 1v4. If they 4 enemies are stupid enough to rush me, there are 3 other players unaccounted for. What are they doing in the meantime?

There are only four reasons you may be 1v4:

In the first 3 cases, well, the enemy team played better and deserves to win. If you want your personal skill t blindly trump average team skill, maybe you don't belong in a team game mode and should stick to duels.

If you are exceptionally skilled and outplay your opponents so badly you actually win 1v4.. This should NOT be common. I sure as hell can't do it in an ungeared character unless i use an aoe feat that catches most of them. That's ok, I'm not a godly player

It's beyond moronic so many people here think they are entitled to win 1v4. You aren't. You should die like a pig for getting yourself into 1v4. Revenge is there to help you stall and survive long enojughnfor your team mates to save you.

Tell me about it, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO WIN A 1v4. You just aren't! I have TONS of recorded clips of me destroying people in a 1v4, if anyone asks I can send them.

I am supposed to lose those 95% of the time. I will admit that I do not win those, my gear and revenge mode does.

You are the one that's supposed to be at odds in a 1v4, not the other way around.

People that complain now are the ones that camp bases outside of the enemies spawn in dominion and beg for 2+ noobs to attack them at once so they can activate and spam revenge mode, thus making themselves feel like they have some semblance of skill that isn't really there. They did not win that fight, Revenge did.

This new patch is bringing the game back into the direction it was originally heading until revenge broke the game.

This new patch changes everything completely and puts skill back into it.

Now is the time we find the good players coming back, and those who rely on revenge to disappear.

I'll say it again, I CANNOT wait for this patch to hit Xbox one.