PDA

View Full Version : Why is Patch delayed so heavily for ps4 ?!

Nareya
04-06-2017, 11:13 PM
I want New **** too,
Delay few days acceptable
but ****ing W.E.E.K.S. ?
Whats this,
i feel like someone wants to sell me a used Sock he came in several times.
I want New ****.

Specialkha
04-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Ask Sony, the delay is not from Ubisoft.

xLeapingLizardx
04-06-2017, 11:20 PM
A few weeks?
Unless I am mistaken PC, PS4, and Xbox One were all on the same build/update. Just today PC got an update. The delay is from the certification process needed to apply the updates on PS4 and XB1. So basically we are 1 day behind not a week... Again, unless I am missing something.

Nareya
04-06-2017, 11:29 PM
I want New ****.

Nareya
04-06-2017, 11:30 PM
A few weeks?
Unless I am mistaken PC, PS4, and Xbox One were all on the same build/update. Just today PC got an update. The delay is from the certification process needed to apply the updates on PS4 and XB1. So basically we are 1 day behind not a week... Again, unless I am missing something.
Then how is it that the useless emotes are in the game? But Not the Important stuff obviously some Kind of Patch happened without ur so called Sonys verification

UbiNoty
04-07-2017, 12:26 AM
The patch update for consoles is typically delayed since they do need to be verified by Sony and Microsoft. Sorry! We'd love to make it happen sooner as well.
I'd expect consoles to have it in 1 (2 weeks at most).

UbiNoty
04-07-2017, 12:27 AM
Then how is it that the useless emotes are in the game? But Not the Important stuff obviously some Kind of Patch happened without ur so called Sonys verification

Big patches like today's title update require downtime maintenance. However things like emotes we can process through live updates without any impact on the players currently online. It's why all live updates will typically be released across all platforms at the same time while Title updates go live on PC first and console later.

Today was essentially a title update + live update in one.

Varakharne
04-07-2017, 01:09 AM
Honestly ,console are trash and I play on one exclusively. Used to be a PC gamer bkac in early 2000 and switched and hate it so much. Everything is controlled, locked and boring. You cant even change the way the UI looks and you have to pay to play online ( one of the biggest rip offs in gaming history ). Its taking so long because of the extraneous certification process. I will switch back to PC when things improve in the house .

Nareya
04-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Big patches like today's title update require downtime maintenance. However things like emotes we can process through live updates without any impact on the players currently online. It's why all live updates will typically be released across all platforms at the same time while Title updates go live on PC first and console later.

Today was essentially a title update + live update in one.

Means when do we get it on the ps4 ?

guffffff
04-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Oh well, i want new sheet 2 :( /sulk not gonna play now...well probably :)

escacleo
04-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Why not get verification and then release the patch to all platforms at once? Off to watch twitch I wanna see these changes

Specialkha
04-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Because pc does not need verification from sony or microsoft. So once the patch is ready, it can be deployed immediately on pc. PC masterrace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDMsGl_XxTk

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 11:22 AM
Why not get verification and then release the patch to all platforms at once? Off to watch twitch I wanna see these changes

Why should PC have to suffer the problems longer just because consoles take longer to patch?

I say that as a PS4 player too.

There are MANY costs that come with playing on consoles and the delayed effect of updates is one of them and has been since online gaming came around. You either have to deal with PC getting the patch first or go out and get a PC.

There is literally NO excuse for making PC wait for a patch just because consoles are so limited.

guffffff
04-07-2017, 11:24 AM
There will be feedback from the PC users about the patch so its not too depressing, still depressing though

DrExtrem
04-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Because pc does not need verification from sony or microsoft. So once the patch is ready, it can be deployed immediately on pc. PC masterrace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDMsGl_XxTk

More like: PC master lab rat ...

I think it is necessary, to adjust timing windows for the console builds. We are playing on tv screens and home entertainment systems. The delay is a lot bigger on console. This needs to be taken into account when it comes to balancing and game mechanics.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 11:26 AM
More like: PC master lab rat ...

Most people see this as an insult.

I see it for what it is.

PC gets all updates and patches blindly. They have no idea what issues the newest update or patch can cause.

I get EXACTLY what you are saying.

DrExtrem
04-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Well ... I am a cynic.

(but I am cynical towards myself as well)

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Well ... I am a cynic.

Its okay.

I'm a condescending jerk.

Everyone has their own issues lol

DrExtrem
04-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Its a curse and a gift.

ninjacut
04-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Means when do we get it on the ps4 ?

I suppose next week.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Its a curse and a gift.

Agreed.

I bear it with little care and very little respect.

It is my burden :(

DrExtrem
04-07-2017, 11:39 AM
I suppose next week.

Or after Easter.

If they don't need to readjust some of the changes made.

Marcrele
04-07-2017, 11:40 AM
I want New **** too,
Delay few days acceptable
but ****ing W.E.E.K.S. ?
Whats this,
i feel like someone wants to sell me a used Sock he came in several times.
I want New ****.

I don't think you have the maturity to even look at this game judging your comments.

cragar212
04-07-2017, 11:44 AM

The pc master race has arrived:rolleyes:

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3udb9b

Nareya
04-07-2017, 01:06 PM
I don't think you have the maturity to even look at this game judging your comments.

Yeah im Not just 40 Reputation Levels over you