PDA

View Full Version : Rage quitting more frequent after patch 1.05

ArlianDeBias
04-06-2017, 07:45 PM
It's anecdotal, but I'm experiencing a lot more rage quitting after the most recent patch.

It's really becoming an issue when 80% of the matches I'm playing has at least two people on either team leaving after their first deaths, and I've experienced two whole enemy teams leaving after the first minute when they've lost all the points in dominion and have had a bad start.

I'm sure some of these quits are due to connection issues, but I see people leaving straight after they've been on the bad end of a fight or they've been salty in the chat. That just seems too much like a coincidence to blame it on their connection.

We really need this leaving penalty, Ubisoft. Players will just have to deal with it like they do in every other competitive game (like Overwatch).

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 07:46 PM
It's anecdotal, but I'm experiencing a lot more rage quitting after the most recent patch.

It's really becoming an issue when 80% of the matches I'm playing has at least two people on either team leaving after their first deaths, and I've experienced two whole enemy teams leaving after the first minute when they've lost all the points in dominion and have had a bad start.

We really need this leaving penalty, Ubisoft. Players will just have to deal with it like they do in every other competitive game (like Overwatch).

There definitely needs to be some kind of punishment there. I experience the same thing. The worst is when you have completed an order and someone rage quits and errors the game.

Alchemist-21-
04-06-2017, 07:49 PM

I'm sure some of these quits are due to connection issues, but I see people leaving straight after they've been on the bad end of a fight or they've been salty in the chat. That just seems too much like a coincidence to blame it on their connection.

When the game was updated did the game state any patch notes? I'm guessing people who just play the game and don't go on the forums looking at patch notes are going to be very confused and by the new changes and get frustrated when characters aren't playing as they think they should.

Sipius
04-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Due to revenge nerf people are not afraid to go straight and gank, this is the trend I found after new patch,They dont stay a second (in ELI) and just run off to the next opponent.If you are not a sin class GL keeping the run up.

Weird_Eagle
04-06-2017, 10:10 PM
Yes please, do it Ubisoft.
But not a Time penalty, no one cares about a time penalty.
Give them 5rounds long no experience and no steal after a ragequit.
They quit again between this 5rounds? No problem m8, here you got 5more.
Now you have 10 rounds with no reward.
Oh wait you quit again? Here are 5 more.
You have 20rpunds full? Ok that's enough now.
But I swear, when they get up to 20 rounds no reward, they don't ragequit longer.
A time penalty? Who cares, you switch to YouTube and look a video.
But up to 20 rounds NO reward? That hurts the people!

DrExtrem
04-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Due to revenge nerf people are not afraid to go straight and gank, this is the trend I found after new patch,They dont stay a second (in ELI) and just run off to the next opponent.If you are not a sin class GL keeping the run up.

They should have redesigned revenge mode to make the hero a defensive bulwark - but without the extreme offensive capabilities.

This way, the hero on revenge would buy time for help to come or to kill one of the enemies (but not all of them)

UbiNoty
04-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Sorry about that!
There are typically more occurrences of quits and/or disconnects right after a new patch is released and that's somewhat expected as people get stabilized and settled in - so hopefully just give it a day or so and you should see less of it.
We don't like seeing rage-quitters negatively impacting gameplay either and hopefully our rage-quitting update will be released as soon as it passes testing.

Bob__Gnarly
04-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Lets get some rage quit penalties rolled out next patch Ubi.

SendRickPics
04-07-2017, 03:47 AM

No, nobody is obligated to be your punching bag in this game. Nobody is obligated to play in any way that they don't find themselves to be entertaining, because that's what this game is, entertainment.

Nobody is obligated to play, nor should they be. Adding in a "leaving penalty" is the quickest way to ensure the death of this game by alienating players.

Furthermore, quitting out is sometimes the only real punishment that a player can inflict on another, it's the singular most desperate attempt at communicating that the conditions that brought on the quit was one that was perceived as unfair and un-fun.

Alustar.exe
04-07-2017, 03:52 AM
No, nobody is obligated to be your punching bag in this game. Nobody is obligated to play in any way that they don't find themselves to be entertaining, because that's what this game is, entertainment.

Nobody is obligated to play, nor should they be. Adding in a "leaving penalty" is the quickest way to ensure the death of this game by alienating players.

Furthermore, quitting out is sometimes the only real punishment that a player can inflict on another, it's the singular most desperate attempt at communicating that the conditions that brought on the quit was one that was perceived as unfair and un-fun.

Then why. Are you . Pvping?
I don't even... wow.

OokiireteHoshii
04-07-2017, 02:20 PM
In duel i had 2 matches in a row where a Peacekeeper and a Valkirie left after the first round, only because i parried their light attacks. Will this kind of behavior going to be punished?

Draghmar
04-07-2017, 02:24 PM
No. Because when you parried their attacks you took away their fun in playing the game in a way they want.

(Yes, that was kind of sarcastic)

guffffff
04-07-2017, 02:28 PM

^^

Just where does this punishment mentality come from? Its like rage-punish the rage-quitters, who dont all quit in a rage!!! stop calling players who dont want to play with you rage-quitters. its more this-sucks-quit, bad-team-quit, too-laggy-quit, i-was-definately-blocking-so-why-am-i-dead-quit, gotta-go-to-bed-quit. Punishment will lead to less players. Will the punishment be in the advertising for the game? "NOTE: You will be punished if you leave a game before NOggin1 has beaten you to a pulp at least 20 times!"

OokiireteHoshii
04-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Ok, next time i'll let them "play their game" and eat a few hits, then i'll ask them to disrespect my body and start a complain about peacekeepr and valkirie being too strong. Maybe after a 2-0 their ego should be skyhigh and a comeback wouldn't hurt too much....

kweassa1917
04-07-2017, 02:32 PM
"Fake news more frequent since revenge nerf."

Me, I don't see any difference. Rage quitters were always rampant in any game. I

Seeing just how far these rage apologists will go to make false claims without any basis... lame. Truly lame.

Prophit618
04-07-2017, 02:35 PM

Rage-quit much?

You're absolutely wrong on every possible level. While nobody is obligated to play, there is a reasonable expectation that once you've committed to a match, you will do your best to finish said match. That would be true even if there weren't stability issues. The fact that quitting mid-game can ruin everybody's game just makes it even more egregious. Yes this game is meant to be entertainment, but it's also a co-operative effort at achieving that entertainment. By quitting mid-match, you're actively trying to hurt the game's purpose. You are not the only one playing, and maximizing your enjoyment is not the only consideration in a multiplayer game. You're part of an 8-man society for that match, and by quitting out and potentially hurting everyone, you're violating the implied social contract for that group.

If you feel that you need to potentially crash a map to drive home to someone that they were doing something distasteful, your thinking is severely flawed. They aren't going to get that point. The point they are going to get is that what they were doing was effective enough that you had to act like a child and leave, and will do it more in the future. You are encouraging their behavior. All you're really doing is being spiteful and childish. If the wya they were ruining the game was by griefing or harassing you, there's a report option for that. If they're ruining your experience by acting within the games rules and you just don't like that some things are doable in-game, then you'd best quit the game.

The only people who will be driven away by a quitting penalty (assuming it is well implemented) are people who rage-quit regularly.. And their departure is healthy for the game-state.

So basically, you're just wrong on every count.

guffffff
04-07-2017, 02:39 PM
omg LOL!!

Prophit618
04-07-2017, 02:39 PM
^^

Just where does this punishment mentality come from? Its like rage-punish the rage-quitters, who dont all quit in a rage!!! stop calling players who dont want to play with you rage-quitters. its more this-sucks-quit, bad-team-quit, too-laggy-quit, i-was-definately-blocking-so-why-am-i-dead-quit, gotta-go-to-bed-quit. Punishment will lead to less players. Will the punishment be in the advertising for the game? "NOTE: You will be punished if you leave a game before NOggin1 has beaten you to a pulp at least 20 times!"

It's expected of any online PvP game that includes ranked play, which this game is expected to have. Much like they don't advertise that hate-speech and swastika emblems will be reportable. Some things are just plain expected and obvious. And if you're the type to have a serious problem with being punished for bad and disruptive behavior, then you're a welcome loss. Those who are claiming that punishing the worst of the community will drive away the majority are leaping to insane conclusions.

M.Sword.Y.Face
04-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Sorry about that!
There are typically more occurrences of quits and/or disconnects right after a new patch is released and that's somewhat expected as people get stabilized and settled in - so hopefully just give it a day or so and you should see less of it.
We don't like seeing rage-quitters negatively impacting gameplay either and hopefully our rage-quitting update will be released as soon as it passes testing.

It is not rage quit, it is disconnection. I have 50% drop out rate since this patch. It is killing my gaming experience.

Herbstlicht
04-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Dunno if it is just me, but stability seems bad for me. Can't even seem to pull off some some simple blocks or cgb's. Did something within the code change? Because the games people start teleporting and nothing works, i do quit too. No fun.

Prophit618
04-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Sometimes it's definitely connection issues, but when you see people whining then they drop as soon as they take a loss, it's pretty likely not a coincidence.
You can usually tell the difference just from the way they've been conducting themselves in battle and chat.

DrExtrem
04-07-2017, 04:13 PM
I was kicked from a game not long ago.

Might be problematic, if you get connected to people from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Helnekromancer
04-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Honestly can not tell if it's connection or not but almost every 4v4 somehow the Host sucks **** gets killed first and the game crashes. Don't even know if he's the host or not but immediately leaving after you died ONCE is ****ing annoying.

Vingrask
04-07-2017, 06:55 PM
A quitter punishment will only bring benefits. We have no need to be scared of that. Will the game lose players? Maybe. Do we want those players? No!

If a quitter stop play we only gain with that, after all, they do not offer anything good with this behavior. 1~2 minutes more on queue to get a quality opponent and a quality match? Totally worth!

iAlwaysL0se
04-07-2017, 07:07 PM

Well Damn Jerry, you must rage quit a lot for getting your *** beat in video games LOL. there is nothing unfair about this unless a person is literally hacking and cheating. Rage quits account for a high percentage of matches disconnecting/ erroring out and that alone pisses a lot of us off.

When someone Rage quits in any team based or pvp game you are:
1. hurting your team by now being a man down
2. bringing in an unfair advantage to your team because you abandend them like a deadbeat dad
3. giving the other team player number advantage
4. proving that you can't handle competitive games and shouldn't play them

Applying a player penalty to leaving matches early is not going to kill the game.

It will weed out the kids that have baby rage and leave more room for those of us who actually want to play the game.
It will help with keeping the game more stable making disconnects happen less frequently.
It will bring players who left the game back to the game for knowing baby rage is not tolerated any longer and something is being done.
Who the **** wants to play a pvp game where players just quit with no repercussions, plaguing a legit player with disconnects or a loss that could have been a win?

Your logic is very flawed sir.

p.s.

Roses are red, this life is a lie, existence is pain, I just want to die :D

Mr. Meseeks

rossato2109
04-07-2017, 07:09 PM
When someone leaves the game early they are already being punished:

1- They wont get steel;
2- They wont get XP;
3- They wont get items;

Thats enough of punishment. For players that stayed, if its a round match, you win the round and IF there are more rounds or time, you get to fight against bots.

Thing is, Ubisoft is trying to pass the responsability to the players instead of accepting that they should fix the game so people that leave dont disconect players that stay. If that was solved no one would be harmed at all.

Personally, I work all day, got a small baby and a family to take care. I got very limited time and the reason I bought the game is to play with 2 real life friends. If we queue as a party and one disconects, we leave the game (either by quitting or after the invite of the player that got out). So, it seems its fine to Ubisoft if a player dcs (no penalty), but what about their friends? Would we be allowed to leave as well? If the answer is no, I see no reason for a lot of people to play this game as I REALLY DOUBT me and my friends are the only people that bought the game to play with friends. I didnt buy it to play in a team of bots or random people, simple as that. In a time where games cost milions to make and dozens of good games are released monthly, if Ubisoft starts punishing players they will just screw themselves in the long (or short) run.

Vingrask
04-07-2017, 07:25 PM
p.s.

Mr. Meseeks

Off-topic, but you should initiate all your posts with "Hi, I'm Mr. Meeseeks!".

Just a thought.

iAlwaysL0se
04-07-2017, 07:52 PM
When someone leaves the game early they are already being punished:

1- They wont get steel;
2- They wont get XP;
3- They wont get items;

Thats enough of punishment. For players that stayed, if its a round match, you win the round and IF there are more rounds or time, you get to fight against bots.

Thing is, Ubisoft is trying to pass the responsability to the players instead of accepting that they should fix the game so people that leave dont disconect players that stay. If that was solved no one would be harmed at all.

Personally, I work all day, got a small baby and a family to take care. I got very limited time and the reason I bought the game is to play with 2 real life friends. If we queue as a party and one disconects, we leave the game (either by quitting or after the invite of the player that got out). So, it seems its fine to Ubisoft if a player dcs (no penalty), but what about their friends? Would we be allowed to leave as well? If the answer is no, I see no reason for a lot of people to play this game as I REALLY DOUBT me and my friends are the only people that bought the game to play with friends. I didnt buy it to play in a team of bots or random people, simple as that. In a time where games cost milions to make and dozens of good games are released monthly, if Ubisoft starts punishing players they will just screw themselves in the long (or short) run.

Hi, I'm Mr. Meeseeks!

If anyone understands pain, its me! Playing with your pals is great and all but even if someone DC's from an error, it's still hurtful to the whole match man. Let me break it down, Caaaaan dooooo!

Lets say you join a match with 3 pals, things are getting hot and heavy and POOF! MAN DOWN! now its you, one other pal, a random person and a Bot. A bot is just as good as a dead player as they don't really help much. then you leave to reunite with your buddies and uh-oh, the team you played is left with bots or a game crash. Now lets say they didnt crash, anyone who joins that match is now at a disadvantage because they are replacing bots in a game thats already loosing. What happens then? more people quit causing more instability, or they stay and play a match they know they will not win.

People quit all the time for various reason in many games man, but in the end no one enjoys it. Not even the team possibly getting a free win because now the thrill of victory is sullied by not having a challenge anymore. leaving a match early effects every game differently and in For Honor, it hurts us all. Ya Ubi needs to fix the disconnecting but with it still being not 100% early leaving of matches exasperates the problem. implementing penaltys for leaving early will weed out the bad players and make others like more cautious of leaving a match regardless of circumstance. You said you got a kid man so if you can commit to that then you can commit to your game too :D Caaaaan dooooO!

p.s.

Mr. Meseeks

rossato2109
04-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Hi, I'm Mr. Meeseeks!

If anyone understands pain, its me! Playing with your pals is great and all but even if someone DC's from an error, it's still hurtful to the whole match man. Let me break it down, Caaaaan dooooo!

Lets say you join a match with 3 pals, things are getting hot and heavy and POOF! MAN DOWN! now its you, one other pal, a random person and a Bot. A bot is just as good as a dead player as they don't really help much. then you leave to reunite with your buddies and uh-oh, the team you played is left with bots or a game crash. Now lets say they didnt crash, anyone who joins that match is now at a disadvantage because they are replacing bots in a game thats already loosing. What happens then? more people quit causing more instability, or they stay and play a match they know they will not win.

People quit all the time for various reason in many games man, but in the end no one enjoys it. Not even the team possibly getting a free win because now the thrill of victory is sullied by not having a challenge anymore. leaving a match early effects every game differently and in For Honor, it hurts us all. Ya Ubi needs to fix the disconnecting but with it still being not 100% early leaving of matches exasperates the problem. implementing penaltys for leaving early will weed out the bad players and make others like more cautious of leaving a match regardless of circumstance. You said you got a kid man so if you can commit to that then you can commit to your game too :D Caaaaan dooooO!

p.s.

Mr. Meseeks

Well, for the ones joining a team of bots middle match, there should be an option to NOT join a match in the middle (actually I think there is such option, isn't it?). For the trhill of the other team, well, they are rewarded enough with getting a free win. Whats not acetible is forcing players to wait 15 minutes to be able to get a chance to queue again with a friend that was waiting the whole day to play with them.

In short, the only real/pratical issue with people leaving mid game is the dcs it causes. Everything else is subjective. Its up to Ubisoft fix their mess, instead of punishing players.

ragindrunk
04-07-2017, 08:20 PM
I don't think you can warrant punishment for leaving until the random disconnects are fixed. I've been in way more games where it seems the player disconnected and not rage quit.

Gray360UK
04-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Just a couple of days ago I got kicked from 5 different Skirmish matches.

1 where I was mid-fight with a Nobushi
1 where I had just backwards evade rolled away from a Warden who needed 1 more hit from me to die
The other 3 were just at random points, 2 near the end when my team was about to win though.
Was a very frustrating evening.

Point is ... did the Nobushi / Warden think I rage quit? Did they realise I was winning or did they think I was scared of them?

Does the Warden still laugh about that one time a PK rolled away from him and then quit, because he was sooo good and the PK was scared?

Who knows.

Maybe they got kicked too?

But it is definitely not always a Rage Quit.

lDelicious
04-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Of course people are in your words "rage quitting" more, the game is broken.

I alt + f4 all the time now because:

1) The other player REFUSES to attack and only waits until revenge to attack. This is very problematic with the LB at the moment because his shove pushes you down...
2) The other player is abusing bugs
3) The other player is playing Cheesuki and simply running around all game looking for knock downs *facepalms*

I could go on and on, and I implore others to alt + f4 as well. If I get outplayed, then so be it. The issue comes when people are abusing glitches and playing like absolute asshats, thus, why do I need to take a loss against such people?

If Ubisoft don't want to address the bugs / bad game design , then don't get mad at people "rage quitting"....

iAlwaysL0se
04-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Well, for the ones joining a team of bots middle match, there should be an option to NOT join a match in the middle (actually I think there is such option, isn't it?). For the trhill of the other team, well, they are rewarded enough with getting a free win. Whats not acetible is forcing players to wait 15 minutes to be able to get a chance to queue again with a friend that was waiting the whole day to play with them.

In short, the only real/pratical issue with people leaving mid game is the dcs it causes. Everything else is subjective. Its up to Ubisoft fix their mess, instead of punishing players.

Hi I'm Mr. Meseeks! Look at meeeeee,

There's no such option to not join in the middle of a match rossato. With the way the devs set up match making, you're thrown into a match with a less chance of it being one with a big score deficit. that was one problem they addressed once players were complaining. If I remember correctly it was part of the first bits of maintenance to all platforms. Players should still get a little spanking when leaving a match but not right now with the state of the game still being so...unstable lol. Lets hope they get connections to be 100% stable soon.. Like next month soon.

Mr. Meseeks

UbiNoty
04-07-2017, 11:51 PM
Hi I'm Mr. Meseeks! Look at meeeeee,

There's no such option to not join in the middle of a match rossato. With the way the devs set up match making, you're thrown into a match with a less chance of it being one with a big score deficit. that was one problem they addressed once players were complaining. If I remember correctly it was part of the first bits of maintenance to all platforms. Players should still get a little spanking when leaving a match but not right now with the state of the game still being so...unstable lol. Lets hope they get connections to be 100% stable soon.. Like next month soon.

Mr. Meseeks

Thanks Mr.Meeseeks!

In February we changed it so that you can't be placed into a match that's already progressed past the 2 minute mark: update here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1589432-SEAMLESS-MAINTENANCE-All-Platforms-Join-In-Progress-Improvement).
We don't like rage-quitters either and we hope to release a patch/update for it as soon as we can. (sorry I can't give you any more information on it) D:

But, Mr. Meeseeks, do I square my shoulders or keep my head down? Which is it? :confused:

Vingrask
04-08-2017, 12:17 AM
But, Mr. Meeseeks, do I square my shoulders or keep my head down? Which is it? :confused:

I'm not helping with my off-topic posts here, but I can't stop read his/her posts while hearing the Mr. Meseeks voice, hahaha.

cane2simons
04-08-2017, 12:18 AM

I 100% agree with this. Players should be allowed to freely leave a match when they please. Adding a leaving penalty is like saying "You're not allowed to leave, you're forced to stay in this match regardless of what reasons you have, or you'll be punished"
Or like someone else said: "You're forced to stay here and let (player name) cheese you 50 more times before you can leave"

The_B0G_
04-08-2017, 12:25 AM
They should do it like Rainbow Six Siege did it, have unranked and ranked matches, you quit from a ranked match, 15 min ban; you quit from a unranked match, no ban. That'll help matchmaking too, all the really competitive guys will be against each other, casuals can play unranked because they don't care about their ranking and just want to cut a few heads off here and there.

Bob__Gnarly
04-08-2017, 12:49 AM
We don't like rage-quitters either and we hope to release a patch/update for it as soon as we can. (sorry I can't give you any more information on it) D:

Look forward to it, cheers.

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 01:04 AM
They should do it like Rainbow Six Siege did it, have unranked and ranked matches, you quit from a ranked match, 15 min ban; you quit from a unranked match, no ban. That'll help matchmaking too, all the really competitive guys will be against each other, casuals can play unranked because they don't care about their ranking and just want to cut a few heads off here and there.

Except it would still up the other people in the match.Three times today I have had someone crash dominion in the breaking stage,two of them were against AI were beating.

Orcforatu
04-08-2017, 01:21 AM
Not gunna end till they fix passive meta ********.

iAlwaysL0se
04-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Thanks Mr.Meeseeks!

In February we changed it so that you can't be placed into a match that's already progressed past the 2 minute mark: update here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1589432-SEAMLESS-MAINTENANCE-All-Platforms-Join-In-Progress-Improvement).

Welll you kinda do both Jerry! ooooohhh weeeee!!