PDA

View Full Version : New revenge mode: I like it!

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Definately not a "timed activation for free knockdown + 2shot multiple enemies with zone attack" any more.

The lowered defense rating is IMO generally most noticeable. A concentrated amount of attack landing on someone on revenge mode will bring him/her down considerably faster than before. The lowered activation rate is also noticeable -- it still fires up quickly if you are ganged up on, but certainly not as fast as it used to.

All in all, I feel that it is still viable as a last-ditch attempt to dramatically turn the tides in either a 1v1 situation or 1vMany situation, but not the "timed activation will give you chance to knock over surrounding enemies quickly" type of thing. You need considerably more consideration and concentration than the way you used to before.

Good job, devs. I like it!

GeekAndProud
04-06-2017, 05:21 PM
I think the majority of the issues with revenge and gear before were the fact that it was NOTICEABLY harder to bring down someone with 108 gear even before they had revenge, just because they took less damage from standard attacks it would seem like it would take twice as long to take them down. Thankfully this has changed, it will just be a matter of time whether or not rep 0s can stand up against good 108s.

CandleInTheDark
04-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Definitely agree,though expect there to be some salt in this thread, people have been begging the devs not to touch their I win button that 'puts them on equal terms against four people' (which was the argument the most vocal person against the nerfs was making) for the last week.

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 05:29 PM
In terms of revenge meter gain speed, from my initial impressions a 1v4 situation gets you almost as fast revenge as the prior version. It fires up just as quickly as before. But in 1v2 or 1v3s, definately not as much.

So I think it may be a reasonable compromise -- if you're really surrounded by 4 people, you get as fast revenge as before -- my guess is the sheer amount of revenge you gain, despite the nerfs to gain rate, is so high against 4 ppl that it's really not much of a difference.

But when the odds are less against you, revenge gain becomes almost proportionately smaller.

Buyukbaba
04-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Definitely agree,though expect there to be some salt in this thread, people have been begging the devs not to touch their I win button that 'puts them on equal terms against four people' (which was the argument the most vocal person against the nerfs was making) for the last week.

At least I know where my face is. If it is ok, then ok for me. I am not in a position of blindly screaming like revenge op or 1v4 needs absolute loss. I said my reasonings, if 1v4 revenge gain is quicker than 1v2 situation, then it means it is logical. Now, go on playing with the nerfed revenge as you have demanded and quit throwing useless words over me. You and me played happily ever after.

teksuo1
04-06-2017, 05:56 PM
still downloading update , didn't get a chance to try yet... but this confuses me:

"Attack and Defense stats no longer apply when in Revenge mode. Only the Revenge Attack and Revenge Defense stats apply when in Revenge."

Does it mean someone with unoptimized gear could potentially end up being weaker during revenge?!

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 06:12 PM
still downloading update , didn't get a chance to try yet... but this confuses me:

"Attack and Defense stats no longer apply when in Revenge mode. Only the Revenge Attack and Revenge Defense stats apply when in Revenge."

Does it mean someone with unoptimized gear could potentially end up being weaker during revenge?!

I think it means old revenge mode used to:

(1) increase your attack/defense rating up to set X amount
(2) increase it further by Y according to the gear percentage
(3) and then, ADD THE NORMAl GEAR BONUSES Z AMOUNT ON TOP OF THAT

I think new revenge just gets rid of (3)

(Actually, my guess is the calculation is not additive like the way above, and probably multiplicative, based on percentage increase, but I just wrote it up as an additive calculation in the way above to make it easier to understand)

LordEythir
04-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Good job UBI, you get some points today.