PDA

View Full Version : I get wanting to secure a kill, but chasing someone across the map???

CoyoteXStarrk
04-06-2017, 11:11 AM
I just watched some scrub on the other team be SO DESPERATE for a kill that he chased my buddy for literally 4mins 39secs

We timed it because we found it positively hilarious. My buddy got slammed by an Orochi and a Warden while he was executing their teammate. So he did the smart thing and GTFO and the Warden chased him all over the place.

I have not laughed that hard since I bought this game lol

How desperate do you have to be for kills for that?

Gray360UK
04-06-2017, 12:06 PM
I play that game sometimes, how long will the orange dot stay behind me on the mini map. It's like a seperate little mini-game ;)

Doesn't surprise me though, I once had a Rogue chase my Mage all over Warsong Gulch in WoW, every time he nearly caught me I would freeze him, use the /lol emote to laugh at him and then blink away, then repeat when he nearly caught me again. Lasted for about 6 minutes, he still hadn't caught me when the game ended, lol.

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 01:30 PM
When both are running, it is "-1 player" for both teams. So there could be situation where this may be either good, or bad.

You got 4 people fighting 2 people, the power ration is 2 to 1. When 1 person chases off another person for an extended period of time, the fight becomes 3 people on 1 -- the power ratio is now enlarged to 3 to 1. If a scrubby, low skill player can draw away a skilled player on a chase, then the odds are that's good for the team, since your team loses a scrubby player doing nothing but running, whereas the enemy team loses a good player doing nothing.

In the end its about what works. If it works, then doesn't matter how silly it looks.

Pope138
04-06-2017, 03:10 PM
When both are running, it is "-1 player" for both teams. So there could be situation where this may be either good, or bad.

You got 4 people fighting 2 people, the power ration is 2 to 1. When 1 person chases off another person for an extended period of time, the fight becomes 3 people on 1 -- the power ratio is now enlarged to 3 to 1. If a scrubby, low skill player can draw away a skilled player on a chase, then the odds are that's good for the team, since your team loses a scrubby player doing nothing but running, whereas the enemy team loses a good player doing nothing.

In the end its about what works. If it works, then doesn't matter how silly it looks.

Well put.
I know often times I'll throw myself at into a zone occupied by 2 sometimes 3 enemies as a way to distract them while teammates capture mid. I suppose this is similar in concept.

guest-dRAMM25U
04-06-2017, 03:18 PM
lol. I like how you think the problem is chasing and not the running.. anyways, yea, that's 4v4 in a nutshell

CandleInTheDark
04-06-2017, 03:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Thought it appropriate xD

RatedChaotic
04-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Beating on a guy and he takes off and runs. I just sit and picture a tail between his legs. I even make the dog whining noises for him.

SlashingElbow
04-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Im a viking so i wont run away from a fight. Scared little peacekeepers and orochi move..

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Im a viking so i wont run away from a fight. Scared little peacekeepers and orochi move..

With about 2 or 3 people who think the way you do in the enemy team, its really, really easy to win. :D

"Honor" is such an easy concept to manipulate -- like putty. :D

CandleInTheDark
04-06-2017, 04:57 PM

That breath on the back of your neck as you go chasing shadows? That's the stealthy peacekeeper before her knife plunges into your heart ;)

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 05:02 PM
That breath on the back of your neck as you go chasing shadows? That's the stealthy peacekeeper before her knife plunges into your heart ;)

Oh, that was a PK? I thought it was the locals and their manure or something.

I get it. Knights don't use toothpaste. :D :D :D

Sincerity117
04-06-2017, 05:09 PM

Vikings brush their teeth with mead. My kinda people

Pope138
04-06-2017, 05:14 PM

Uh, Vikings ran from fights all the time. A lot of times they'd take one look at the battlefield and opposing army and if they had any doubts they'd just leave and look for easier targets like undefended villages.

Back on topic: No running in duels, but dominion is war. If I'm outnumbered I will absolutely run. Play the objective, win the battle. More important than my ego.

CandleInTheDark
04-06-2017, 05:31 PM

I love that comeback, I have to say.

Yarzahn
04-06-2017, 05:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Thought it appropriate xD
Hahah very appropriate.

As for the whole running/ chasing debate, depends immensely on the situation. Do my team mates need me anywhere? Can the running player get a clear short-term advantage by running? (reviving someone else, returning to the fight immediately with nearby buffss) that is more important than what I'm doing currently?

It also depends on the map mode:
1)On dominion, i never chase, since I win by controlling points, not getting random kills. Unless he's heading the same direction i happen to be going, towards a control point.

On Elimination, depends on the situation - is my character faster? are the buffs nearby? are my team mates all right? can that guy revive any of his team mates? More often than not, it's worth chasing. Because reviving team mates and stacking buffs is a thing, and chances are that little bastard that ran away with 10% will be back like 15 seconds later to stab be in the back with an armor buff. Possibly a revived team mate too.

On Skirmish, it doesn't really matter, it's a trash game mode with an unclear/ messy scoring system, I just kill whatever comes my way. I will chase it if there's nothing else to do, until something more interesting to kill comes along. Kind of like a dog chasing a car, then distracted by a squirrel. I won't chase him under the skirts of his 3 mommy team mates though. Good for him if he hides before 2-3 team mates. If they 3v1 me, or 4v1, well I can play the same game and run too.

I just watched some scrub on the other team be SO DESPERATE for a kill that he chased my buddy for literally 4mins 39secs
Funny, I just watched some scrub on the other team be SO DESPERATE to stay alive that he ran from my buddy for literally 4 mins 39secs. We timed it because we found it positively pathetic.

See what I did there? Same difference.
Running or chasing, both your teams lost one player. How good or bad for you, depends on the relative skill of your buddy and the other guy.

Sincerity117
04-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Uh, Vikings ran from fights all the time. A lot of times they'd take one look at the battlefield and opposing army and if they had any doubts they'd just leave and look for easier targets like undefended villages.

Back on topic: No running in duels, but dominion is war. If I'm outnumbered I will absolutely run. Play the objective, win the battle. More important than my ego.

They also took over Paris for a short time during the 9th century I believe

Pope138
04-06-2017, 05:59 PM
They also took over Paris for a short time during the 9th century I believe

Yup, you are correct.